Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I never understood how that happened.

Allegedly he was "drawing"???

Even with the 1991 style face paint, and Hot Topic gear?

To this day, I just cannot grasp how WWE put someone like that on top.

I've heard so many stories about how unprofessional he was, too.

And he had MAJOR drug addiction issues.

He also never looked all that healthy.

His moves didn't even look effective.

I never really believed he could go with the bigger guys, either.

Can anyone explain this to me?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Blackmail. He had naked pictures of Vince with the Brooklyn Brawler.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well, I think it was a connection with fans. He was amazingly popular and when he held the title he carried it well, his face paint is entirely irrelevant although I at first didnt think much of it. I think its pretty awesome he worked on his character, it's entertainment and that's what he did.
He also got the push because there was no expecting of him to go to TNA.

But after Punk mocked him after he left Hardy felt bitter... And add that to his drug involvements he just went TNA bound.

after going down hill and having that rock bottom moment where his match with Sting made him realise where he was heading.. He's actually doing really well for himself at the moment. His drug days seem to be well and truly over and I think WWE would love to snag him anytime his contract is up.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Did you just start watching wrestling this year?

Jeff Hardy from 2007 onward was one of the most consistently over wrestlers on the roster. He appealed to everyone and his charisma was off the charts. He also was have great matches consistently, with guys like Orton, HHH, and Edge. In 2008, almost everyone was pulling for Jeff to win the WWE title. It was a great moment when he finally won it.

Hardy's drug problems were his Achille's heel, but he definitely deserved his push. And it wouldve kept going if he had stayed.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
He was too over not to get one.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you just start watching wrestling this year?

Jeff Hardy from 2007 onward was one of the most consistently over wrestlers on the roster. He appealed to everyone and his charisma was off the charts. He also was have great matches consistently, with guys like Orton, HHH, and Edge. In 2008, almost everyone was pulling for Jeff to win the WWE title. It was a great moment when he finally won it.

Hardy's drug problems were his Achille's heel, but he definitely deserved his push. And it wouldve kept going if he had stayed.
Been watching g for over 30 years.

I just can't agree that he had any charisma.

He cut weird, stale promos, and the paint and gay armbands really made him look like a Hot Topic kid, clinging to an outdated past that was never, ever a cool thing.

Guess WWE fans have poor taste.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

He cut weird, stale promos, and the paint and gay armbands really made him look like a Hot Topic kid, clinging yo a past that was never, ever a cool thing.

Or perhaps not everyone shares your clearly biased opinion.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts

He cut weird, stale promos, and the paint and gay armbands really made him look like a Hot Topic kid, clinging yo a past that was never, ever a cool thing.

Outside of Cena, no one has had more charisma than hardy in a long time.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hardy is money.

the only reason he doesn't jolt TNA ratings is the same reason Sting, Hogan and Angle don't... Just their adverting and promoting issues.

if Hardy ever returned to WWE, I can almost guarantee it would be BIG and it would be main event value.

Hardy is a man that worked to the top. I think face paint also in this day and age is not so common so for him to go all out I say crack on. It was nice to see some old school wrestling face paint gimmick.

You'd have to be extremely ignorant to what the crowd wanted and what good he must of done for business... He WAS ONE BEHIND CENA! In fact he's worthy of a Cena vs Hardy Wrestlemania match as Face of the company collide... If he had stayed that would of been possible!

·
Registered
10,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts

He cut weird, stale promos, and the paint and gay armbands really made him look like a Hot Topic kid, clinging to an outdated past that was never, ever a cool thing.

What's the matter buddy? Did one of these gay Hot Topic kids steal your girl or something?

Jeff has always had the "it" factor that gets him a connection with the audience without delivering earth shattering promos.

Go post your insecure bullshit somewhere else.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Can anyone explain this to me?
People love him. People have always loved him.

He's one of those guys who endears himself to people.

When he's good, they're happy he's happy. When he's in a bad place, they pray for him to get better. He's one of the last of the dyed-in-the-wool babyfaces, and off-camera is sympathetic even when he's fucking up.

You can't ignore that kind of crowd response.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts