1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
that shit was fucking hilarious

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
I guess they think it looks cool. Dolph Ziggler oversells every move that's done to him, but people consider him a great seller. Overselling is what's cool i guess. Realistic doesn't mean anything in WWE anymore unfortunately. Just look at some of the champions or former champions.

If Daniel Bryan ends up going over Brock Lesnar this year, then WWE being realistic is over.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Without brushing up on my research, I believe it had something to do with Hogan informing HBK that he would not be returning the win?
This too, I don't know many of the details but I know this much. It probably had to kill Shawn that Hogan was going over, despite the fact that Shawn had been loyal the company when Hogan had not, simply because Hogan was the "man" despite Shawn's achievements in his own right. At that point all he had left was to try to upstage Hogan in the match, I don't think he realized that Hogan didn't give a shit lol, as long as he was winning, he's pretty much happy.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Because they were supposed to work a few matches in which Shawn was supposed to be pinned but Hogan allegedly (but not suprisingly) didn't want to lay down for HBK in the second match. So when Shawn decided that since he could do nothing about the endings, to oversell everything and make the match rather hilarious.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
HBK did that in a attempt to make Hogan and the match look bad. HBK vs Hogan was meant to be a 2 match deal with each guy getting a win over the other. Hogan would have won at SummerSlam and HBK would get his win back at Unforgiven. A few days before their SummerSlam match, Hogan informed Vince that he wouldn't be able to do the 2nd match at Unforgiven due to nagging injuries. When HBK got wind of this he felt Hogan got out of the match because he did want to return the win, so HBK made it his mission to make Hogan and their match look like shit by overselling every single minuscule thing.

That match is a byproduct of what happens when two Iconic Politicians can't get along.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I loved it, he managed to make a mockery of Hogan's limited ring skills and Hogan ended up looking a lot more stupid than he would if he'd returned the favour.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
He got out-politicked by Hogan so he returned the favour by exposing Hogan's weak offense with his over-selling. Nothing out of the ordinary in a match between an exceptional backstage politician and an exceptional in-ring politician. Both buried the other in the manner that they felt was best.

·
Registered
844 Posts
HBK was just pissed that Hogan was going over. Two master politicians and Hogan won that political battle. I didn't mind HBK's overselling in the match to a point but the way he sold the big boot was embarrassing. He took it, bounced off the mat, got back up, ran around in a circle, fell back down and took the leg drop for the pin.

I've seen a lot of wrestlers oversell when they're not happy that the other guy is going over though. It's certainly happened before in the business but it is considered very unprofessional. I remember Bagwell and Luger being ripped to shreds in 2001 for their tag match against Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo at WCW Greed. Buff and Lex weren't happy they were going to lose the match so instead of doing the 7 or 8 minute match they were supposed to do they went out there and gave no effort as far as actual wrestling goes, jobbed in less than a minute and oversold like crazy to make the whole thing look like a joke.

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
I'm pretty sure he recently said in an interview that WWE wanted him to act like the old Shawn Michaels or some BS like that. But it's clear Hogan just played the politics game better and he was pissed off lol.

·
Registered
880 Posts
HBK did that in a attempt to make Hogan and the match look bad. HBK vs Hogan was meant to be a 2 match deal with each guy getting a win over the other. Hogan would have won at SummerSlam and HBK would get his win back at Unforgiven. A few days before their SummerSlam match, Hogan informed Vince that he wouldn't be able to do the 2nd match at Unforgiven due to nagging injuries. When HBK got wind of this he felt Hogan got out of the match because he did want to return the win, so HBK made it his mission to make Hogan and their match look like shit by overselling every single minuscule thing.

That match is a byproduct of what happens when two Iconic Politicians can't get along.
Exactly this.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Politics, brother!

He was unhappy about having to lose to the Hulkster, so he lost in the most comically unprofessional way imaginable.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts