Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it because they were using their real names?

Guess it will take getting used to but why wouldn't they just do that from that start instead of making them work under their real names first? They gave Mandy Rose a name, makes me wonder why they waited so long to do it for these two girls.

I am not a fan of their new names.

·
Premium Member
11,092 Posts
Yes, that's exactly why, they were both using their real names and now that they've got new names, I expect we'll see them on TV more often. I'm not sure why it took so long for Daria to get a new name as she's had a few matches on TV now.

Part of why Mandy Rose got renamed so quickly is that she was pretty much immediately put on Total Divas after getting signed. When Total Divas started, they had most of the cast using their real names, but that's changed now.

·
Registered
12,596 Posts
No rhyme or reason anymore. Some change their names, others don't have to.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Now, nearly everyone gets a ring name so WWE can keep the trademark if wrestler and WWE part company. Guys like Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode keep their own ring names because they are so well known and would be weird to change them.

The best ever name for a female wrestler is Gionna Daddio. Unfortunately it's Liv Morgan's real name so she can't use it

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
Some people should have to change their names but Daria, Gionna, Macey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sonya, Liv and Lacey

·
Registered
12,596 Posts
Now, nearly everyone gets a ring name so WWE can keep the trademark if wrestler and WWE part company. Guys like Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode keep their own ring names because they are so well known and would be weird to change them.

The best ever name for a female wrestler is Gionna Daddio. Unfortunately it's Liv Morgan's real name so she can't use it
However Gargano and Ciampa got to keep theirs, Hell all of the CWC did outside of Gran Metallik (Mascara Dorada was trademarked by AAA IIRC), and all of the UK Tournament wrestlers did as well. Now I can understand the idea that the tournaments relied in large part on the wrestlers indie identities but all these wrestlers got a huge benefit from using their previous names compared to the directly to PC signees who get WWE trademarked identities that leaves them screwed if/when they part ways from the company.

·
Registered
261 Posts
From #TalkIsJericho 's previous interviews, it appears that some people registered their own names (real or indy) before entering WWE, and if they can hash out the legal crap, WWE will just use that existing name.

Some people do not own a trademark, so WWE creates one that THEY can trade mark and profit from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts