Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
WF Veteran
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always wondered this he beat Sid Vicious for the WCW World Title and wasn't his dream to win a World Heavyweight champion. im remembering Wrestlemania 20 where the Commentators mentioned Beniot waiting 20 years to win the big one. but didn't he win it when was in WCW?

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
it was all hype for wrestlemania 20... it wouldnt be the same if he had won it earlier

·
Registered
84 Posts
Backstage Politics. WCW were notorious for pushing the old guys at that time such as Hogan & Nash.

When the commentators stated that Benoit never won the big one they were refering to the WWE World Title which obviously belongs to an entire different company altogether were it was re-christened as World Wrestling Entertainment Heavyweight Championship.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
i always wondered this he beat Sid Vicious for the WCW World Title and wasn't his dream to win a World Heavyweight champion. im remembering Wrestlemania 20 where the Commentators mentioned Beniot waiting 20 years to win the big one. but didn't he win it when was in WCW?
Tired of the politics, tired of the old men holding onto their spots at the expense of younger, often more talented wrestlers, just sick of WCW in general.

it was all hype for wrestlemania 20... it wouldnt be the same if he had won it earlier
The used to talk about it while WCW was still going but that stopped after the buyout when there was less mileage in it for them. Him missing the Invasion storyline due to injury didn't help in that regard.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
WCW only gave Benoit the title to keep him, it didn't work because he obviously knew they were buttering him up to stay and then it'd be back to business as usual. I don't know much about Benoit's time in WCW but he wasn't happy. The political atmosphere was the worst of any wrestling company I've ever heard about. Benoit's WCW title reign is usually not considered by people when talking about his career because it was just a shady attempt at sucking him into another contract. WCW was notorious for having no respect for its world title.

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts
Kevin Sullivan, the EX of his wife Nancy, was booking again.

He threatened to walk out of WCW with several others if they didn't remove him from the booking. Sullivan gave him the title but Benoit walked out anyways.(Of course agreeing to drop the title before hand).

·
There are players and then there are pieces
5,052 Posts
Benoit never really cared about being a world champion, he like most wrestlers only cared about the money.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Tired of the politics, tired of the old men holding onto their spots at the expense of younger, often more talented wrestlers, just sick of WCW in general.

The used to talk about it while WCW was still going but that stopped after the buyout when there was less mileage in it for them. Him missing the Invasion storyline due to injury didn't help in that regard.
what i meant was, the celebration wouldnt be the same if they were to say "A BOYHOOD DREAM, HES BEEN WAITING 20 YEARS FOR THIS, EXCEPT THAT ONE TIME... WHERE HE WON IT"

·
✔
21,671 Posts
Is it really that hard to spell Benoit?

Anyways, sick of politics, wanted a fresh career. WWF offered him a new start, he took it, and thrived in an unmistakeably more professional organization.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I'm sure Nash was pretty happy about Benoit leaving. :rolleyes:

I remember Nash "congratulating" Benoit after he won the title. Even though Benoit was unhappy there and wanted to leave for a long time, job well done Big Sexy.

·
YES! YES! YES!
10,405 Posts
Kevin Sullivan, the EX of his wife Nancy, was booking again.

He threatened to walk out of WCW with several others if they didn't remove him from the booking. Sullivan gave him the title but Benoit walked out anyways.(Of course agreeing to drop the title before hand).
Actually, Benoit didn't agree to drop the title. He won the belt at Souled Out 2000, then quit the company that night. WCW played it off on Nitro the next night that Sid's foot was under the bottom rope and stripped Benoit of the title and vacated it.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Why does everyone spell Benoit "Beniot" I swear every time there's a thread about him it's always spell "Beniot".

1 - 20 of 32 Posts