Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read in a recent interview where Rock stated..

The only man I wanted to wrestle was Lesnar and I have done it. I don't wanna return.

So,

Did The Rock request WWE to have thie feud or they reached to him because they needed someone to put over Lesnar?

Itx not why Rock said so..

I wanted to know if he himself offered to face Lesnar -or- WWE asked him to job?

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Rock probably wanted to do it because Lesnar is actually a fantastic wrestler with an amazing amateur background (and record). Creative and the suits backstage probably lapped it up, having Lesnar win cleanly for the title against your number one guy was huge.

Rock also said at Hall of Fame that he'd like one more Austin match and matches with Mysterio, HBK and Cena.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I think Rock said that because it just so happened to be at a UFC event, when (at the time) Lesnar was UFC Champion, so if anything it's putting over Lesnar talking about him in that light, I think at the time (in 02-03) Rock wouldn't of felt the same way, and would of been happy wrestling anyone in his last match as he probably didn't know Lesnar would of became as big as he became, in and out of the ring.
Anyhows it could of been anyone at Summerslam 2002, I dont think Rock requested it, it just got booked that way, as Rock is the kind of guy to be happy fueding and putting over anyone.
Which is my view on it.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
It was just the timing. By June, Brock was on fire, and they wanted to put the title on him quickly. Undertaker (as a heel) was champion, but they needed a face champ to lose to Brock. They knew Rock was leaving, so they gave him the title in July so he could lose it to Brock. Wham bam, everybody wins, because Brock looks great and Rock doesn't suffer because he's leaving anyway.

Now, for the love of God, can we take a 30-day hiatus from Rock threads? Please?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
It happened because HHH was not big enough to put Lesnar over with viewers. Neither was Taker. And Austin didn't want to lose to him withot it being on PPV.

More Rock threads ~_~

It will never stop, ever.

I like the man, but I'm sick of seeing threads about him. Honestly.
He's a icon and younger fans who are just now checking out those youttube vids or are just wanting to compare him to today's stars want to ask about him. It's no big deal. There are diehard Austin fans that create threads about him too.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
We need him back
lolwut?

why? he won't change anything. why do people think if the Rock comes back, all of wrestling will be better? it's one man. you'll enjoy his segments and matches, if you like him, but everything else will still be the same. this is a new era, get over it and move on. even if the rock came back the entire product would still remain how it is.

just let the guy be happy making movies and leave him alone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts