Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of us will have seen the spoilers by now. If you haven't, I won't spoil it. I'm just putting forward my argument as to why this is all a good thing that Christian has gotten involved in Edge and Del Rio.

1. Christian, an IWC darling, wouldfinally be in another noteworthy match. He'd be main eventing Wrestlemania! - This is obvious. He would be in one of the biggest hyped matches on the card. His credibility and notoriety will shoot through the roof as he gets to prove himself on the biggest stage of all. There are people complaining that all he'll be at Wrestlemania for is to take the pin from Del Rio to protect Edge and then even if he does feud with Del Rio for the title afterwards, he'll just lose to him. In response to that, why be so whiny about it? Christian gets a main event match, a possible main event feud that you have been asking for for ages and yet you still bitch about it? I guess it goes to show you can never win with the IWC.

2. He will save us from a stagnant Edge vs. Del Rio feud - This feud hasn't been built up very well. Some stories are created weeks or even months in advance of when it actually happens. This story began AFTER Del Rio won the Royal Rumble. They have no personal history other than a backstage segment at TLC. That isn't enough for a Wrestlemania feud. HOWEVER, Christian is the key to the feud. He has history with Del Rio. The 'Essence of Excellence' took him out (kayfabe, that is) and he wants revenge. Also, there's history with Edge. Edge has always been regarded as the better brother in WWE. Edge has 11 world titles. Christian (technically) has 1, and that's the ECW title which WWE used as their own personal toilet paper after accquiring the brand, and then gave it to wrestlers who they planned on never considering for the world titles.
Now this in turn results in Edge vs. Del Rio's feud not becoming a stagnant feud but an arc in a multi-demnsional feud with multiple stories which WWE can make interesting, like Triple H vs HBK vs 'the man who's name must never be said'. that's right, Macbeth. Doh! I mean Voldemort. No? Oh yeah, Chris Benoit.
Now in case some detractors argue that Christian shouldn't be in this match because he hasn't earned it, while he may not have won the Royal Rumble or be the World Champion, firstly, he was injured and secondly, he has unfinished business with Alberto Del Rio. A lot of people have complained that the Undertaker/Triple H storyline meant there was no unfinished business with Wade Barrett and Sheamus respectively. Therefore, I guarantee a lot of people will complain if Christian isn't in the Wrestlemania main event against Del Rio on the basis that he fits into the storyline perfectly. So why complain that he hasn't earned it in the first place? I guess it goes to show, you can never win with the IWC.

Wow, this is turning to an essay. My bad. In conclusion though, everyone is entitled to an opinion. That's fine, so if you disagree with this, please say so. I'm more than happy for that to happen. All I'm doing here is trying to dissect the detractors who are giving contradictory and hypocritical arguments about Christian and his involvement in the main event at Wrestlemania if it happens. i will say, when I mention the IWC, it is collective but only applies to a small proportion. Plus, I'm sure the majority would go nuts to see Christian in the main event once again. But I'm just trying to call out those who seem to be giving a negative argument on Christian being in the title picture even though they seem to be fans. This is based on an argument I saw in the spoilers thread btw. I felt like I needed to offer my opinion. It's a bit of a read which is why I felt I should create a thread for this.

But please read and offer your own opinion. Forums are all about opinions and debate.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
he wont be in the match .

· Registered
6,655 Posts
he wont be in the match .
This.

Christian costs Edge title at Mania.
Triple threat match for the title at the next PPV, Christian costs Edge the title again.
ADR vs.Christian at the next PPV, now Edge costs Christian the title.
Summer Slam Edge vs. Christian.
ADR moves on to Rey Mysterio or some other Mexican that Vince has signed in hope to exploit the hispanic demographic.

· Registered
4,272 Posts
He'll likely play cheerleader to Edge, to even the odds with Ricardo Rodriguez or be the Chavo to Edge's Rey Mysterio and screw him over, either way he won't be in the match but he'll be involved in some form.

· Registered
9,932 Posts
Just give it up already.

· Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it's gone from why Christian being in the WHC match is a good thing, to why it's POTENTIALLY a good thing, what next? Why the thought of him being in the match is a good thing?
What I meant was Christian potentially being in the match. I'm arguing why the his being in the match is a good thing. The potential part comes from the possibility of him getting in the match.

· Banned
5,164 Posts
What? So he's got involved twice but he's not going to feature at all? GTFO.

This is a forum, if people want to discuss it then they can. Your OPINION isn't fact.
:lmao

Stop following me around.

Anyway, to any POTENTIALLY butthurt Christian fans, don't hate me cos I'm looking at the situation realistically. If he was going to fucking MAIN EVENT WrestleMania I'm sure they wouldn't leave him off for a week.

· #OVER
20,700 Posts

Anyway, to any POTENTIALLY butthurt Christian fans, don't hate me cos I'm looking at the situation realistically. If he was going to fucking MAIN EVENT WrestleMania I'm sure they wouldn't leave him off for a week.
I'm just posting in a thread that you so happened to also post in. Sorry, I didn't realise you had ownership of the thread.

Anyway, I'd like him to be in the match and I think there's a good chance it could happen. But I'm not going to cry if he's not in it because it's not like he'd win anyway, since Del Rio is taking the strap.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
I said he was POTENTIALLY going to be in the match. I don't know whether he will actually be in the match. I'm just saying why his being in the match would be a good thing.
1. Christian, an IWC darling, will finally be in another noteworthy match. He's main eventing Wrestlemania! - This is obvious. He would be in one of the biggest hyped matches on the card. His credibility and notoriety will shoot through the roof as he gets to prove himself on the biggest stage of all. There are people complaining that all he'll be at Wrestlemania for is to take the pin from Del Rio to protect Edge and then even if he does feud with Del Rio for the title afterwards, he'll just lose to him. In response to that, why be so whiny about it? Christian gets a main event match, a possible main event feud that you have been asking for for ages and yet you still bitch about it? I guess it goes to show you can never win with the IWC.
:hmm:

· Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Jesus Christ, I never said he was going to main event Wrestlemania. I said he could POTENTIALLY main event it. You used it in your last post to mock me (even though it got misdirected) so you obviously know what it means. btw, the reason they left him out last week was simply because he wasn't needed. Last week was all about Edge and Vickie Guerrero. If it was about building the World Heavyweight Title, then Del Rio would have made more of an appearance. Judging by the spoilers for this week, things have picked up where they left off. Like I said, Christian could POTENTIALLY get into the main event for Wrestlemania. My thread is simply why it'd be a good thing if he was inserted into the Edge-Del Rio match.

· Banned
5,164 Posts
Jesus Christ, I never said he was going to main event Wrestlemania. I said he could POTENTIALLY main event it. You used it in your last post to mock me (even though it got misdirected) so you obviously know what it means. btw, the reason they left him out last week was simply because he wasn't needed. Last week was all about Edge and Vickie Guerrero. If it was about building the World Heavyweight Title, then Del Rio would have made more of an appearance. Judging by the spoilers for this week, things have picked up where they left off. Like I said, Christian could POTENTIALLY get into the main event for Wrestlemania. My thread is simply why it'd be a good thing if he was inserted into the Edge-Del Rio match.
As Wonderwall123's post shows, you kinda did. Del Rio didn't have to be on the show last week cos he's already in the main event. In my mind, if Christian was going to be in the main event of Mania they would definitely have included him on the show last week in some sort of way shape or form. If he does turn out to be in the main event at Mania then great, I'd love to be proven wrong but as it stands I'm just saying what's the most likely outcome. I see no reason as to why WWE would want to put Christian in the main event at Mania.

· Banned
4,265 Posts
As Wonderwall123's post shows, you kinda did. Del Rio didn't have to be on the show last week cos he's already in the main event. In my mind, if Christian was going to be in the main event of Mania they would definitely have included him on the show last week in some sort of way shape or form. If he does turn out to be in the main event at Mania then great, I'd love to be proven wrong but as it stands I'm just saying what's the most likely outcome. I see no reason as to why WWE would want to put Christian in the main event at Mania.
Because he has history with both men, is loved by smarks (who are WM crowds) and will make the match far better than just Del Rio/Edge.

It would also mean Edge doesnt have to take the fall, and then potentially set up Edge/Christian.

There are plently of reason why they would want to put him in, but I doubt they will.

This is Vince and Christian we're on about, Vince doesnt see anything in him.

I dont know why you are getting so heated by it anyway, Del Rio is clearly winning, if some Christian fans want to hope he is in the match, then let them.

Dont be such a party pooper all the time.

Reactions: K phabe
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.