Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jack Swagger is a talented wrestler, but it seems he's been doomed since the start of his first world title reign. They took away his brash energetic cocky persona that made him unique in the first place and turned him into a generic serious heel after he won his first world title, during his reign he lost to other main eventers quite frequently and it seemed like WWE deliberately wanted him to fail and made him look weak, his victory against Randy Orton was the only moment i could remember he was booked strong. Then they took the world title off his waist and turned him into a super goofy character and now he's back to the midcard scene.

I wonder why he didn't get booked better, i enjoy his work and he's over, which indicates that he's actually doing his job well. He could have been a better champion than Kane right now, it just seems WWE never intended to get fully behind him and let him become a legitimate main eventer, and sends him back to midcard again instead, which quite disappoints me.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Swagger is getting heat when he comes out and is on the mic, he's a heel. Granted he doesn't get the heat that say, Wade Barrett gets but he's getting it nonetheless, what more do you want?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Swagger might out wrestle kane, but hes certainly not better. It might be the lisp, the stutter, both of them, or maybe they just know something about him that we don't.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Swagger is pretty overpushed at worst or where he currently is at best. I don't think he has the "swagger" of a real maineventer. He's not even Ziggler/Morrison good in the ring that I only care for his matches, so he definitely needs to add some character, and get some style. The lisp is a double-edged argument, Flair has a lisp and is still one of the best mic-workers to this day, if Ziggler would show more emotion like him it could actually add his promos, talking calmly certainly doesn't suit him very well at all.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Swagger is getting heat when he comes out and is on the mic, he's a heel. Granted he doesn't get the heat that say, Wade Barrett gets but he's getting it nonetheless, what more do you want?
WOah, slow down, Swagger get's waaaaaay more heat then Wade Barrett and even Nexus. The entire crowd boos the shit out of Swagger. He get's prime Vickie Guerrero heat.

And WWE don't know how to push anyone anymore unless HHH is behind them(see Sheamus, Barrett). Otherwise, you'll look weak at various times.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Swagger was an embarrasment of a world champion. It's disgraceful that he can reach that level yet MVP, Kennedy and Christian (probably) never will. Hopefully he never return to the main-event again but I don't have that much faith in WWE

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,726 Posts
I'm more interested to know how he gets the heat he gets when he's had a shit title reign, consistently loses his matches, and is never in an interesting feud. The crowd boo the shit out of him as soon as his music hits, and when he starts the long, drawn out delivery of "all American American American American American American etc." they go ape shit.

Given the above, I'm led to believe he should be used more frequently and be a fixture in the main event scene. After Kane, who's a legitimate heel on Smackdown? ADR isn't main eventing yet but he will be. Ziggler is IC champ. Edge = face. Taker = face. Big Show = face. Rey = face. Push Swagger.

·
Registered
397 Posts
How can you say they are not behind Swagger?

They had him win MITB at WM. (Instead of a very over Christian and/or Kofi) They had him Cash in and move over to be the #1 heel on Smackdown right after WM. They had him retain vs Orton (who they were about to push to the MOON!) before dropping the belt in a 4 way.

Now since then he has been pushed back to the mid card, but that has more to do with the return of Taker then anything else. They elevated Kane to be the top heel on the brand to feud with Taker, in what is mostly likely the last strong story line of both their careers.

There is just no room for a heel Swagger at the top of the card on Smackdown until Taker/Kane get out of the way. Once that happens, Swagger will bounce to the top of the card again.

Next year your main faces on SD will be Edge and Rey with Swagger and ADR will be the main heels.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
cant push everybody at once. the guy is still basically just starting out. he is talented and can wrestle very good for a guy of his size. there is no denying that this man gets heat. he is good at what he does, but he is still young. like others have said, look at how other toop guys started out, look at how cena started out, look at how orton started out, look at how edge started out and now look what they have become..its about transitions...they will keep molding swagger until they feel they have a gimmick that he can run with for a long time. he is a top future star for this company. he'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Because Riley is a better version of Swagger.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Swagger has been on a roll lately and I can't even remember the last time he lost a match. They gave him a mascot and he gets promo time pretty consistently. I'd say they're behind him.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
He's just not good enough to be a top level guy. He's a strong wrestler but lacks any other redeemable qualities in terms of charisma, mic work, or having a forceful presence. He's Kurt Angle minus everything that made Kurt Angle a star.

If they hadn't rushed his title win so badly, he might have had a shot. Just like Orton after 2004's debacle, it's gonna take them years to build Swagger because of that.

·
This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things
8,661 Posts
Because they don't know what they are doing. Swagger was doing great when he feuded with Rey and then they stopped his push. Instead they are attempting to push a shitty Mexcian JBL.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
No idea... before WM they tried turning him into a comedy act akin to Chavo and it was ridiculous. THEN they give him the title and it made no sense, as much as I wanted him to win it. They need to give him his old gimmick back cause atm hes just a generic heel when he could be so much more. WWE are retarded in this instance

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
Because they became more committed to Kane/Undertaker than they were Jack Swagger. Then Undertaker got injured, and WWE must have panicked because he was rumored to win the feud. There was a rumor afterwards that Swagger would enter a feud with Undertaker; who knows how true any of these rumors are.

The point being that WWE always gets behind one major angle, and keeps it that way. The guys who are left out... well, they're left out. Nevermind that Swagger deserved better booking and deserved a better title reign for how well he did. It's just how things are. WWE now has to wait for a window to open back up to get Swagger back into the main event.

It's just a matter of when that window opens.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
His suprise win of the MITB at WM26 was great because no one saw it coming, if only he could have taken less time to unhook it, his attempted cash in on Cena was good, and his cash in on Jericho was great. Later than night he laid both Edge and Jericho out and was standing tall. He went on to beat Jericho and Edge in a triple threat match on Smackdown, and then defeated a freshly turned face Randy Orton at Extreme Rules cleanly.

..........then it all came to a halt with his feud with Big Show and by the time he feuded with Rey who was defeating him left and right it was too late.

He is young, talented and will go far, but it's not like his first reign was horrible it started off well, I'm sure he will be Champion sometime in 2011 and this time it will be better.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts