Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bring back some old topics. Just because a topic is old doesnt mean it cant still be talked about. I mean say someone brought back a topic about favorite song. Whats wrong with that? Nothing. Unless its outdated like...say wrestling news would be, or old news, then theres no need to close a thread when its brought back.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Because it would be considered spam, and depending the severity of the offense, they'll give you warning points. I've broke that rule, hence my five warning points.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I personally don't have a problem with people bringing back old topics. If it's a women's/media thread and the link and/or pictures still work it's fine.

Same goes for a topic with regular discussion. If the info is out dated then it shouldn't happen. The problem with most people bringing back old threads is they don't continue the discussion. Half the time it will be a reply which is only a few words.

So if the topic is still relevant and doesn't out date I don't see a reason people should close them or be given warning points unless the rpely is obviously spam.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Excuse me, but I said that because I'm a moderator. I'm one of many to give warning points if it happens.

Although I am more likey to just warn the user before giving them points, unless they do it regularly.

N

·
0 Posts
Why isn't it allowed? It is, to a certain extent. If you're bringing back a thread that offers no good content (like saying "I agree" or "lol"), then hell no it isn't allowed. I don't suggest reviving any thread that on page 3 or farther back, though. If it has been discussed recently, there's no need to revive it or make a new thread. It 'died' for a reason.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
And if it's a really old thread that hasn't been discussed for ages, but you feel it needs discussing again or you've got a new slant on it, make a new thread instead of bringing back an old one. Only do this if it's still relevant.

Oh, and don't bother with brand extension, nWo, or hardcore title threads.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Yep, or anymore WCW revival threads, for that matter. In fact, just take a look over the page, it's plain to see what threads we don't need more of. Batista's another one.

·
Banned
3,015 Posts
As long as it could still be discussed it's okay. But old news is old, leave it. And red x's, you shouldn't even be looking back that far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts