Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the WWF roster from 1999 and noticed about 60 guys were on the roster.

Which made me wonder why WWE can't have stables in todays wrestling since their roster has around the same amount.

And since when do stable split ups have to result in guys having a more successful career outside of the stable(or be formed by guys who make sense).

Look at some of the stables from the 90s:
Brood(Christian just debuted with Gangrel, no real explanation and Edge joined up afterwards)

APA(Before APA, Faroouq was in NOD and Bradshaw didn't really do anything)

Ministry(it ended up combining Brood,APA and then Takers followers, but Viscera and Mideon didn't really do anything before joining the stable or even after the stable ended)

Rock n Sock(both guys used to be rivals but ended up teaming up to win the titles and form a team)

Headbangers(they debuted as a team, stayed for a few years, won the titles, got released as a team)

Those are just some examples. But why can't WWE team up guys in todays company? We could see some tag teams form out of nowhere(but after a few months, they become a natural tag team) and even stables forming too.

There was no real reason for the APA but they ended up being a team for years and people love them.
Same as rock n sock, they were enemies but ended up winning the titles, lasted a few months and became a real popular team.

Same went for stables. Mideon and Viscera were just there to add to the stable and make it bigger, they did nothing before and after the stable but were good members to the stable itself.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Cause apparently...according to people on the "inside", tag wrestling doesn't do it like it used to.

I disagree, but that's just me. Companies these days have some weird thing where they'll only join a team if they want them to fued later on down the line...basically thin the first 2 years of forming it.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
IMO, stables are a problem because of the brand split. Let's say their were 2 stables of 4 (plus a Diva) on Smackdown, that would be a total of 10 people tied up in their own storyline leaving very little space for other storylines.

Tag-teams are a different story, they could easily have more but I do think it would require a few releases. To really create a strong tag-team division would require teams to come in as teams, putting guys already on the roster together is much more hit and miss due to incompatible gimmicks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts