Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, some of you guys think that Skip Sheffield aka Ryback is just as athletic as Goldberg and stronger than him, or even better. Get over it, Ryback ain't worth a jack compared to Goldberg. The only thing about ryback that makes him better than goldberg is that he knows how to work with people and also wrestle.

If goldberg knew how to wrestle back then, ryback would not even be able to surpass goldberg. That's the only reason that ryback will ever be better than goldberg.

If goldberg was young again, he would be able to surpass ryback and john cena in terms of power if he continued training.

If a young, intense, goldberg came out right now, ryback and axel would shit in their pants. except brock lesnar.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Their both shit.

·
Administrator
59,114 Posts
Uh, everyone knows Ryback has nothing on Goldberg. So what are you talking about? Goldberg wasn't 'great' either but his intensity and power moves got him over. Ryback on the other hand has always been a robot. Although his bully gimmick is great.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uh, everyone knows Ryback has nothing on Goldberg. So what are you talking about? Goldberg wasn't 'great' either but his intensity and power moves got him over. Ryback on the other hand has always been a robot. Although his bully gimmick is great.
Ryback has a lot to do if he wants to match up with Goldberg or Lesnar.

·
Master Of the DDT
801 Posts
At least Ryback respects the business & has busted his ass over the past 8 years to get where he is. Goldberg has never respected the business & was in it because he was able to make a lot of money. I like Goldberg, but the dude never really paid any dues & he was careless in the ring.

·
Registered
7,900 Posts
At least Ryback respects the business & has busted his ass over the past 8 years to get where he is. Goldberg has never respected the business & was in it because he was able to make a lot of money. I like Goldberg, but the dude never really paid any dues & he was careless in the ring.
This

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Seriously, some of you guys think that Skip Sheffield aka Ryback is just as athletic as Goldberg and stronger than him, or even better. Get over it, Ryback ain't worth a jack compared to Goldberg. The only thing about ryback that makes him better than goldberg is that he knows how to work with people and also wrestle.

If goldberg knew how to wrestle back then, ryback would not even be able to surpass goldberg. That's the only reason that ryback will ever be better than goldberg.

If goldberg was young again, he would be able to surpass ryback and john cena in terms of power if he continued training.

If a young, intense, goldberg came out right now, ryback and axel would shit in their pants. except brock lesnar.

"ryback is shit compared to goldberg, he can just wrestle better"... wut?

did you watch wrestling when goldberg was around, or did you just watch his "best of" dvd to form this opinion?

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
People still compare Ryback to Goldberg?
:punk2

·
Premium Member
15,004 Posts
I don't understand OP at all.

You say Ryback is shit compared to Goldberg but than he say he's a better wrestler.

Everything else is hypothetical. "What if, what if. But, but". Well, none of that means shit because that's not reality. Don't focus on what Goldberg could have been. Because if you take that route, if Goldberg knew how to wrestle, that brings the question of "what if Ryback knew how to wrestle better". Can't say if Goldberg was young again because what if Ryback came up 10 years ago, with different booking? What if Ryback never broke his ankle?

If you want to be hypothetical, it goes both ways. You can't use "what ifs" just to support YOUR argument.

Or you can wake up and realize that not everybody is supposed to like who you like and hate who you hate. Although, at the end of the day, you're comparing shit to shit.

·
GENKI D&
1,904 Posts
I know biased, I mean look at my name, but Ryback isn't a bad wrestler or a botch guy. He has messed up before and he isn't Lesnar or Michaels in the ring, but he excels at what he is meant to do and that is too just he the Big Guy. Besides, if you want to talk about botches look at Sin Cara. Dude even botched in Mexico, where his style is prevalent.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
This thread is full of so much stupidity, outside of the disgusting grammatical errors that probably aren't typos.

Ryback and Goldberg are not as similar as people seem to think. Goldberg was a completely different persona than Ryback inside of the ring. Goldberg dominated pretty much everyone and only would face adversity if he made a mistake, such as spearing the ring post instead of his opponent. Thus, Goldberg was essentially "the man" because he was untouchable, unless you cheated to beat him.

Ryback is a typical heel in the ring, for the most part (it's sad that heels can be classified as "typical" in WWE). Ryback can lose cleanly to pretty much anyone and the only way for him to win is to cheat or get some outside advantage. Ryback is far from dominant. He is booked rather weak for a big guy. Does anyone actually think someone is going to get their ass kicked when Ryback comes out? Of course not. He gets beat up by CM Punk, a 200lb man. When Goldberg came out to the ring, you knew he would dominate somebody. Hell, most of the man's matches were under 5 minutes. While this is not something most of the IWC are fans of, that was just how Goldberg was booked: as an unstoppable force that only loses if someone cheats.

I'm also going to note the physical differences between the two men. Goldberg is significantly more athletic than Ryback. Can Ryback even kick above his head? I don't think Ryback could run 100 meters in under 15 seconds (which is very slow). Ryback is just a big, bulky meathead with little flexibility, agility, and speed. Goldberg was an NFL player who was certainly fast, agile, and flexible. Also, pound-for-pound, Goldberg is likely much stronger than Ryback, who looks to be artificially large (he doesn't pack much power for all that mass).

I get that both men have big muscles and are bald, but that's a silly way to relate the two and yield "Goldberg" chants when Ryback comes down to the ring.

·
Premium Member
15,004 Posts
They're a lot more similar than you seem to think.

As far as wrestling ability goes, they're nearly identical. Both are pretty bad, worse in The Ryback's case because he's been in the business for a long time. And, pretty much, he was booked as the second coming of Goldberg.

The only things different about them are athletic ability, how they were booked long term and passion for the business. As far as the ability goes to work a match, the pot meets the kettle.

But I will say this. Goldberg had a better array of workers to compete with. Whether WCW did right with it or not, or what happened with Bret is irrelevant. But then at the same time, he also had HHH, The Rock, Brock Lesnar and who ever else he worked in WWE, that could pull a good match out of him, regardless of his skill set. The Ryback only has CM Punk & Daniel Bryan who are able to pull something decent out of them. Doesn't mean The Ryback is a worse worker, in that sense. It just means he doesn't have a lot to work with.

And part of that could be blame on booking, in the cases of both men. You're only going to be good as you're booked to be. And the booking is the main difference between Goldberg & The Ryback.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts