Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously does this piss anyone else off ? It ruins the big live feel of not knowing what's going to happen next one of tna's major problems ! I mean wwf used to show there ppv's live on channel 4 back in the day challenge could do it with tna ppv's !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: Why can't challenge tv broadcast tna live in the uk like sky sports do for the ww

Same problem in quebec canada and the commentator of the show said it's because of spike tv.

·
Registered
259 Posts
TNA should move to a better channel in the UK.
Realistic ones maybe Dave (male demo), Watch and maybe Viva as it also shows Bellator on it. It would be great if it could get on like ITV4 (male/sports focused) but that maybe too big of a channel. E4 could be possible as they show teen shows and American shows like the big bang theory.
Ch. 5 could be possible as they don't have great shows themselves so TNA could be a positive.

I almost never watch it on Challenge as the wait till Sunday is too long so I just watch it online on Friday/Saturday.

If it moved earlier then Sunday, like on a Friday night it would be good.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: Why can't challenge tv broadcast tna live in the uk like sky sports do for the ww

Another thing to consider, is if they broadcast the shows/PPVs live on Challenge, it could work out broadcasting in the small hours of the morning, which isn't the most accessible of times. A good chunk of the UK audience won't want to stay up that late to watch TNA and will just end up recording it or watching it online at a more suitable time. TNA is one of the biggest draws for Challenge, and they actually have a very good time slot on the station when thinking about it logically. You wouldn't want to put one of your best shows for ratings on at a time when most people are in bed, just for the benefit of being live.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts

They could broadcast it live easily.

All they show during the night are old game shows.
SpikeTV pays TNA money for original content, TNA's international deals are basicly reruns of the show. So they cant air the show live, even if they want to. It works different for PPVs though, a PPV can air live in other countries (i think India aired BFG live recently).

·
Banned
8,266 Posts

I never understood the fascination with having to watch the show live.

It airs on a 2 day delay here in Australia. It's very easy to just ignore the sheets and forums for 2 days.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

They should really try and get it on FX, imagine the ratings boost considering Family Guy would be on before it, plus family guy is really popular and could gain TNA a lot of new fans if they keep watching when family guy finishes.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

They should really try and get it on FX, imagine the ratings boost considering Family Guy would be on before it, plus family guy is really popular and could gain TNA a lot of new fans if they keep watching when family guy finishes.
Very good idea, TNA would really benefit moving to FX. If its already popular on challenge it will be so much popular on FX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts