Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Great One?..
10,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is he fucked up mentally?

He doesn't always smile but in every serious situation that he's not supposed to smile in, he ends up smiling in, every single week pretty much.

It doesn't make sense, It's one of the reasons I persoanlly have started to hate him as a face, I don't know if he has deasease or something but does Cena have some mental problem where he has to take everything as a joke?

I'll be honest thought I have noticed this in many people, where they will smile and act all happy when something bad has been done to them, to make it seem like it didn't bother them.

I'm sure it pisses a lot of you off as well? What's Cena's problem?

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
He isn't the best actor around.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
It's kind of a jab and foreshadowing. Every time you see him smile like that, you're going to expect some sort of forceful comeback that throws whatever the opposing person said back at their face. If one is bias enough, it can easily come off as annoying and stupid and looks as if he's not taking anything seriously.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Because his life is sunshine, lolipops, and rainbows.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
It's the same thing as Hulk Hogan not selling a lot of his opponent's moves back in the day and "hulking up" before pointing at him and taking him/them down with one punch. All WWE Supermen past present and future have some sort of cliche thing like that, Cena's is just waving off the beat down he just got and smiling.

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
He's shitting his pants is what he's doing. Cause he's poopy.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Geeze, what a thread....Kinda, nitpicking...

Never thought , that it could be arrogance? Besides, there's different types of smiles: happy, arrogant, mocking, nervous, sadistic.. list goes on and on.

·
Registered
978 Posts
He reminds me of a lost child everytime he's in the ring...

Clearly he appearls like little kids. But I agree with the OP, it's annoying in not so subtle ways.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Maybe tHE Joker infected him with laughing gas?

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
You just said. Because it doesn't bother him.
Shouldn't match/feud outcomes have fallout and consequences that mean something to the characters? When Cena did that empty arena promo you'd think his life & legacy was on the line in that one match at WM28. But he's (his character) brushed it off and he did it last year too after he was screwed out of the title at Mania last year. It's terrible writing and acting altogether.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Because John Cena never sells for anybody, even if he's on the losing end of a feud. Sometimes I wonder if he even knows how to.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,626 Posts
You can not like it all you want, but Cena is just going to continue to smile til there is no tomorrow. Last week, I thought he was high after smiling after he got busted open after one punch.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
I think you guys miss the point. It's because he is for a certain audience that feels him smiling and overcoming odds is rising above hate and should be applied for their everyday lives. I fucking hate it too and made the feud with Rock even more ridiculous but that's why he does it. Cena is not a good actor. He can cut a great promo but his acting and delivery come force and unconvinced.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts