Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,657 Posts
is this game even out yet?

it's easy to use an engine like that with such a low polygon count and pixels on screen. 2K's game is looking for a more dynamic, realistic sim based product and that requires things like quick time events and such. 5 star wrestling looks like a mess from what i see, like a mod for No Mercy or something along those lines. there's some cool ideas but i'm sure it's a glitch fest just by looking at it. it's time to move on from the N64 years.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is this game even out yet?

it's easy to use an engine like that with such a low polygon count and pixels on screen. 2K's game is looking for a more dynamic, realistic sim based product and that requires things like quick time events and such. 5 star wrestling looks like a mess from what i see, like a mod for No Mercy or something along those lines. there's some cool ideas but i'm sure it's a glitch fest just by looking at it. it's time to move on from the N64 years.
HCTP was very close to the N64 engine, so I am pretty sure they can pull it off if they want to.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i didn't think that HCTP was anything like the AKI engine. it was way more arcady. it wasn't a bad engine though, far better than Shut Your Mouth which i thought was a horrible game.
HTCP was a lot like the AKI engine but just a little faster. HTCP is the engine they should strive for especially because HCTP is the last game that really had good selling balance in it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Two different games. 5 star wrestling is obviously going for that arcadey still of wrestling (like WWE all stars) while 2k want to shift their attention onto making a simulation. How many times do you see an f-5 be reversed into an RKO? Never. How many times do you see someone have an injured leg and have the leg buckle when picking up a wrestler for a move? Never. That type of selling never happens.

5 star wrestling looks like it'll be a buggy mess. Animations are poor and I don't want to see harsh, because I know it's an indie dev who don't have the fraction of the budget 2k do. But comparing 5SW engine to 2k15 is ridiculous. 2k15 won't even have half the bugs 5SW will.

Hell, even watching their gameplay on IGN it just looks like a PS1 version of whatever THQ and Yuke's have shat out over the last few years.

Eventually, 2k will have their own engine. They need to become more comfortable with wrestling games first. I bet in 2 years Yuke's will have been let go by 2k or their influence will drastically reduce.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I do wish they'd at least implement finisher to finisher reversals, or at least pick a counter animation that could lead into your finisher. Like a Pedigree counter for Orton would lead to a front face stunned position whereas a Pedigree counter for Jericho would lead to a ground legs one.

·
El Ingobernable
887 Posts
I'd say the TNA iMpact has one of the best engine I've ever seen :draper2
:agree:

That game was a lot of fun, even if it was a bit broken. Would have loved to have seen what they could have done with it if they polished it up for a sequel. I used to have some EPIC Ultimate X matches with friends, always a lot of fun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts