Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Out of all the long term guys on the roster - Taker, Christian, Henry, HHH, RVD, Kane, Jericho, Big Show seems to have the fewest marks and least amount of fanfare out of the lot of them. Don't get me wrong, im not trying to talk him up, but i find it very curious that he doesn't have at least 1 dedicated mark out there.

·
Registered
482 Posts
He does deserve more recognition than he seems to get. He was crazy athletic for a guy his size. Not so much anymore, but it's to be expected as it is pro wrestling and he's now on the wrong side of 40.

Big Show is awesome though.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts
mismanagement and laziness is my guess

·
Registered
408 Posts
Because he's plain boring and there's nothing else for him to add to his career anyway. He's just there, being big.

Best thing he did in years was the "that was mean" line.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I've always liked Big Show. Statements like "noone cares for him" are ridiculous; I know a regrettably small pool of wrestling fans irl, but Big Show has always been amongst the most famous names, simply for size and recognition factor alone. Sample dialogue of a non-wrestling-fan-PAGAN when they find out I watch WWE - "Is Rock/Stone Cold/HHH still going? What about that fella Rey Mysterio? Or the Big Show?" Always seems to be the way - inquire after one of the HUGE stars, then a shout out to either Rey/Kane, and Big Show. Those are the names that have clearly stuck with my peers.

He's not Bret Hart in the ring, but I'm a fan of him for what he is.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Big shows best 2 assets are being able to get over with the fans and being quite simply fucking massive - in general people on this forum hate big man wrestlers, and they also dont value getting over with the fans at all as you can tell by the forums general favourite wrestlers most of whom come out to crickets every week.

Also he's not that bad in ring at all (one of the matches with sheamus was awesome, the del rio title match was pretty good too) but his style is just not a style that is popular on this forum.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Because no one likes fun.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Out of all the long term guys on the roster - Taker, Christian, Henry, HHH, RVD, Kane, Jericho, Big Show seems to have the fewest marks and least amount of fanfare out of the lot of them. Don't get me wrong, im not trying to talk him up, but i find it very curious that he doesn't have at least 1 dedicated mark out there.
He is pretty boring and even he admits he is Lazy at times.

Besides his size IMO he was never that great IMO, at least in the WWE.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
When I make my bed every morning I still chokeslam my pillow ass first the way he used to chokeslam Rock haha. Always will respect the Big Show.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts