Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand why they're trying to break them up.
I can see why Otunga could start to get aggravated with Wade.
But why not have him and the other members start going after titles
(ESPECIALLY the tag titles) and then they could all feel more equal.
This may also solve some of the problems with the tag team division.
You have this dominant force holding your titles, and can bring back up the tag team division,
having teams trying to go against the Nexus members who would have the titles.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your sigs too big

and its because they are all supposed to be for barrett
Haha, thanks, I wasn't sure. I'll change it.

I thought they were there to take over....

·
1,817 Posts
If Gabriel had a decent partner to work with then yeah it would be a huge boost for them to hold the tag titles. Give them time, if creative are planning on keeping them together then titles will come..

first one wade barret-WWE champion :D

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
If WWE really wants Nexus to completely dominate, just have Barrett win the WWE title and Cena win the US title, then both win the tag titles. Then they can go on Smackdown and win the World and IC titles. Otunga can win the Diva's title to keep him happy, and there you go.

All Nexus, all the time.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Where were you monday when it was clearly stated by the leader of Nexus, that HE ALONE will win and take the world title?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Because WWE thinks tag team wrestling is icky

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
in case you didn't notice, other than the WWE championship, titles have become meaningless in the WWE

even the heavyweight title is a 2nd rate title now

look at the Taker & Kane feud, it's not even really about the title

It's really more about which one of is the most evil/powerful. The title just happens to be part of it

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Gabriel should feud with Bryan over the US title considering their history with the whole nexus angle.

That would then leave Otunga and Slater to be a tag team and go for the tag titles.

I agree that they should be going after them, but i reckon that as part of nexus, it would be much better and put the whole group over if they controlled all the titles on Raw, and Barrett wont be winning the world title of Orton yet IMO, so it would be cool to hold off them winning anything till then. That is if they are still a group when Barrett wins the h/w title.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some of you have stated that most titles have no prestige anymore.
That's exactly my point. I think putting some, especially the tag titles, on them would help with that.
It would give tag teams a bigger spotlight, because they're trying to go up against Nexus.

·
Registered
970 Posts
It wouldn't matter which two went for the tag titles. If two of them win, any of them can defend the titles... Even Cena

I think this would actually be a pretty good thing. It'd promote the "either Nexus or against us" thing.

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's exactly my point. I think putting some, especially the tag titles, on them would help with that.
It would give tag teams a bigger spotlight, because they're trying to go up against Nexus.
I completely agree with this. This would turn of events would actually shake the WWE. Nexus is REALLY trying to take over and what better way to do that then to capture al the titles. The only thing is,WWE doesnt give a shit about the Tag Team Division anymore. Throwing together a Comedian Italian and a Russian who had a lengthy Undefeated streak, A High-flyer & and the worlds strongest man(more odder than Booker nd Goldust) and
A Brutal Scottsman and a charcater thats focused on his looks. Now im NOT saying that these teams suck,its just how can you take them seriously? Especially after that thrown together Tag Team Title match at N.O.C. >_>
They could've thrown some Nexus members in that and ta-da(!!!), the ressurection of the Tag Team division

·
Registered
455 Posts
It doesnt make sense, but as long as it keeps Cena out of the title picture for a lil while I'm all for it.I'm not really a Cena-hater, but the man needed out of the title picture for a while.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
i think that's the way the WWE want it to be tho. They're the ones who made the titles meaningless

If they wanted people to care about them, they could have changed that long time ago

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think that's the way the WWE want it to be tho. They're the ones who made the titles meaningless

If they wanted people to care about them, they could have changed that long time ago
I guess that is very true...
Stupid on their part.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I think they just don't want to start blinging them out w/ titles till Barrett has his , then they can take the other titles too

Barrett - WWE champion
Justin Gabriel - US champion
McGillicutty & Husky Harris - Tag champions

Then that would be 4/7 of them w/ titles , even better if somehow Cena could get the WHC and Slater could get the IC title , then they would all have titles except Otunga , who doesn't really have the wrestling skills to merritt a title anyway , except the divas one , which I could see him going after... or they could just kick otunga out and kick his ass

1 - 20 of 29 Posts