Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Because you're a WWE fan. you're dumb. If they don't mention it, then you will forget. That's WWE logic of things.

Reactions: The_Jiz

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
they want to make it look like "the streak has never been in this much jeopardy before"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually joined this website just to pose this question - I like the storyline and this is probably the best match at mania, but its really dumb that theyre playing around the fact that taker already beat triple h. i bet they wont even run the promo this year of all 18 guys taker has beaten like they always do near mania because triple h would be shown and that would just confuse things...i really think undertaker vs. john cena is actually the only match taker hasnt been in at mania that would be pretty awesome..

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
They'll probably get around to mentioning it at some point, but yeah, like others have said -- WWE thinks we're all stupid.

I still don't buy that "water down angles for kids to understand" deal. I was a kid and could grasp better, complex storylines than what I see now lol. Sheesh, I understood X-Men comics just fine at age 8. Plus, I've worked with kids who were wrestling fans in the past -- they're pretty smart lol.. At least, the ones I ran into in my mentor days. WWE doesn't give their audience enough credit and it's insulting.

Besides, I was a kid and studied old tapes of whatever I missed from the 80s. Kids these days can do a YouTube search and bring up HHH/Taker. So, I guess it's not that big of a deal if they really wanted to find it, because it's not that hard. Still, WWE trying to change history is annoying as hell either way lol.

·
Registered
14,079 Posts
Because they are trying to build up HHH as the strongest challenge to the streak yet. Flat out mentioning that Undertaker has not only beaten HHH but has beaten him at Wrestlemania would kinda kill much of the thought of it being a threat in the mind of the average viewer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts