Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean wtf .. Kurt Angle just randomly comes out and challenges Roode.. WHY?

Could it not be that weekly Roode was making wise cracks about Angle .. Trying to ruin his name .. or something ffs

TNA needs to sort this out, there needs to be feuds not just wrestlers fighting each other for no good reason.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, it has been awful! All these matches with no back story. As the above poster said, they'll most likely reset after BFG...seems like they have no choice but to.

I also guess that's when Ethan will debut. Maybe not wrestle, but an in-ring segment...and start a feud with someone. Or they'll just probably have him squash EY or another "jobber"(Yawn.) They NEED storylines. Hell, they SHOULD have ended A&8s...I don't want the same lame ass storylines. Same stables would be ok, if given NEW storylines, but thats the problem...A&8s is not a storyline anymore even thought they make it to be...it's just a crappy heel stable WASTING TV time with no real motive.

·
Registered
13,119 Posts
Prichard was sacked in july, can't believe it would take over 3 months to reboot the booking

The WWE head writer left a month after Prichard

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Booker reboot is a good answer .. but there are 3 months between ppv's now to be fair so ... shouldn't storylines have been in place over a month ago at least.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The Bound For Glory Series ruined the show, we only had a bunch of matches and no story, so stupid. Now, they are left with 1 month to build up their biggest PPV of the year.
And for Angle, well, they wanted his return to be unpredictable ( even though it was predictable as hell that he would ruin the EGO hall of fame )

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Prichard was sacked in july, can't believe it would take over 3 months to reboot the booking

WWE has a large team of over a dozen writers though, if 1 leaves someone else can easily take over. In TNA you only had 1 head writer and 2 assistants, so obviously it takes a little bit longer.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
there is a storyline with Roode/Angle. Roode was being put into the EGO HOF. a group that has only been around for a cup of coffee. so this was setting up the storyline where Angle would return during this EGO HOF thing because Angle is going into the TNA HOF.

Aces and Eights are ending. but you can't just stop cold with no explanation. if they did that people would complain about that.

you have AJ and his contract situation going back and forth with Dixie.

there was MEM who was there to help end Aces and Eights. you had Magnus bothered that he wasn't getting results and Sting trying to help him.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there is a storyline with Roode/Angle. Roode was being put into the EGO HOF. a group that has only been around for a cup of coffee. so this was setting up the storyline where Angle would return during this EGO HOF thing because Angle is going into the TNA HOF.

Aces and Eights are ending. but you can't just stop cold with no explanation. if they did that people would complain about that.

you have AJ and his contract situation going back and forth with Dixie.

there was MEM who was there to help end Aces and Eights. you had Magnus bothered that he wasn't getting results and Sting trying to help him.
I think your stretching a bit with that aren't you? I mean we need feuds between 2 wrestlers leading to a match .. not between a wrestler and a non wrestler

I'm saying we need a reason why they are fighting (bare with me on this very basic example), you harassed my gf for instance now i'm gonna get ya ... see what I mean

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
what storylines are supposed to do is help for TV and make people watch. I think we're just getting started in the Dixie/AJ storyline and it will continue more after BFG. there does need to be someone who can wrestle in place of Dixie.

·
Banned
8,267 Posts
Something I will fault TNA on is that AJ/Dixie shouldn't have started until the Impact after Bound For Glory. It should of been AJ/Bully without the sub story line.

·
Banned
5,106 Posts
Something I will fault TNA on is that AJ/Dixie shouldn't have started until the Impact after Bound For Glory. It should of been AJ/Bully without the sub story line.
You are aware of the story behind Aj's contract right?

·
Registered
93 Posts

Aces and Eights story line changed, which meant the purpose of MEM had to change, so EGO was formed, but Kurt had to go for a rehab, which meant Magnus had to feud with EGO till the time Kurt came back, which in turn delayed Magnus' feud with Sting. The X Division got a reboot. Hardy, Joe and Aries added to the X-Division. Introduced a new character Ethan and a potentially very strong tag team in EY and Jopseph Park.

For the tag team division they tried with Brisco-Bischoff tag team, Chavo-Hernandez possible heel turn, but with all the chaos backstage, tag team division was ignored.

The TNA writers have laid the foundations for the story lines post BFG and have put more than 3/4th of the roster in a particular division or role, sadly BFG-13 might get affected, which is why I hope they do not over book it and play safe, with couple of turns and maybe allowing Ethan to make an impact.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
I mean wtf .. Kurt Angle just randomly comes out and challenges Roode.. WHY?

Could it not be that weekly Roode was making wise cracks about Angle .. Trying to ruin his name .. or something ffs

TNA needs to sort this out, there needs to be feuds not just wrestlers fighting each other for no good reason.
I agree they need more stories but what you said in the bold part kinda happened... roode's ankle lock, EGO HOF.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I actually don't mind. I've been waiting for them to focus on their characters instead of soapy storylines for a while now.

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I expect a big direction change next week. Or wait it will prob take a few weeks or so

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Why do people decide not to pay attention and want to toss TNA under the bus because of it.

Wrestling boils down to this: Wrestler A has a problem with Wrestler B and they WRESTLE. EGO was taking shots at Angle and then during Roode's HOF ceremony, Roode was trashing Angle. So Angle comes out and calls his bluff. HOW DOES THIS NOT MAKE SENSE? HOW IS THAT NOT SETTING IT UP? A build to a match doesn't have to be MONTHS or even WEEKS, sometimes it can happen INSTANTLY and its okay...as long as it makes sense and Roode/Angle makes sense. Ray/Styles makes sense...

There are angles leading to these matches, I am not sure what the OP and some others are watching.

·
Registered
395 Posts
TNA just can't win : when they plan things months, if not a year in advance, people complain that the booking is too predictable & boring ; when they try to throw some curveballs in, people complain that TNA is messing with logical booking, and are ruining everything ; when they have to deal with unplanned issues, and have to book some last minute angles, people complain that the angles are thrown together without strong, lengthy storylines. In short, people always complain, and, as a recent thread on this same board has laughably proven, all think they could do better.

*sigh*

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I remember a classic wwf feud between Jericho and Kane .. backstage Jericho spilt coffee on Kane and made a wise crack about being burnt and it turned into a pretty decent feud .. stories make people buy into the product and want to see the conclusion of the feud

1 - 20 of 25 Posts