Wrestling Forum banner

why are the rock and stone cold returning to WWE

1713 13
what happens to stone cold and the rock after wrestlemania? will they wrestle again or will they have another job at the WWE?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
21,179 Posts
They may stay for a while after but highly unlikely to wrestle. By the looks of things both feel they have done as much as they can in the ring but still have enough love for the company to make an appearance every now and then.

· Registered
10,981 Posts
I think they;re being brought back so that they can teach the younger guys how to get the crowd invested in their characters, how to work the crowd, teach them a thing or two bout ring psychology and basically teach them everything FCW failed to.

But it's up to the young guys to learn from them. You can lead the horse to water......

· Registered
422 Posts
Austin is presenting Tough Enough...si he'll be involved with the WWE for sometime yet.

The Rock......wont be making a full time return, but I can see him making the odd appearence through the year until next years RTWM when there is (imo) a high possibility of him facing Cena. (they may do it before but something that big will be saved until Mania......Summerslam a very outside chance of it.)(

· Premium Member
286 Posts
They are just back to promote wrestlemania and to promote tough enough. Seems like all wwe does is promo's. But also to help the young guys. I have a good feeling that the wwe is on a downhill slide and is in trouble if they dont do something to to turn things around. The wwe is also hurting for talent and they are bringing older guys in to try to evolve there so called "talent" right now into actual good wrestlers and make these young guys into superstars.

· Registered
9,456 Posts
They've been brought back for nostalgia's sake; it's the 10th Anniversary of their massive showdown at Wrestlemania XVII, the biggest Wrestlemania of all time, and they're just marking the occasion, I think. It's also a ratings boost and gets the older fans excited. Austin is plugging Tough Enough, which is fair enough. I know that I'm dreaming but I'm hoping that The Rock is back to face John Cena. Maybe he'll screw Cena out of the title at Wrestlemania and then face him in an epic encounter at Summerslam? I'd like to see that. Probably won't happen, though.

· Registered
496 Posts
Simply put that the WWE doesn't have enough star-power to deliver a strong Wrestlemania card.
I think they can it's just creative really cocked things up this year. But yes, I agree that Rock came back because they thought Mania wasn't going to feel like Mania in terms of grandeur and excitement.

· The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,950 Posts
WrestleMania coming up is a reason ofcourse. WrestleMania being focused on a lot of "new" faces is another reason. They want to expose them and make them stars, but they still need support to really sell 'Mania. However, where was The Rock the last couple of years for 'Mania? Nowhere. So it seems Rocky has decided he has enjoyed a decent run as an actor without the "wrestler" stigma for a few years, now he's ready to help out his old love again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.