·
Registered
19,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ranking are just a joke and fake news . They are booking whatever matching they can to keep people watching to stay ahead of NXT.
I mean nothing wrong with wanting to blow NXT away. But why not pick a higher ranked team if you just have to do another tag title match.

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,661 Posts
My main issue with the tag titles is there doesn’t seem to even be a feud or any specific program between two teams.

Every tag title match is just two teams in the ring for one fall, onto the next contender the following week. There isn’t a program. Get as many guys as possible in a match and just go fucking crazy with false finishes for 25 minutes. Rinse and repeat.

SCU got a rematch like a month after they lost the titles, but not even any buildup leading up the rematch. Lucha Bros get a title shot next week for no apparent reason. The Bucks will win the battle royal and will face Omega/Page for the titles... a week later on PPV.

It’s kind of a mess.

·
Registered
19,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My main issue with the tag titles is there doesn’t seem to even be a feud or any specific program between two teams.

Every tag title match is just two teams in the ring for one fall, onto the next contender the following week. There isn’t a program. Get as many guys as possible in a match and just go fucking crazy with false finishes for 25 minutes. Rinse and repeat.

SCU got a rematch like a month after they lost the titles, but not even any buildup leading up the rematch. Lucha Bros get a title shot next week for no apparent reason. The Bucks will win the battle royal and will face Omega/Page for the titles... a week later on PPV.

It’s kind of a mess.
Tbf they are building Omega and Hangman vs The Young Bucks. Hangman and the Bucks are getting on each other's nerves, and Omega is playing peace maker

·
Tiger Driver '91
2,661 Posts
Tbf they are building Omega and Hangman vs The Young Bucks. Hangman and the Bucks are getting on each other's nerves, and Omega is playing peace maker
That’s not what I’m saying.

These two teams are going to have one match... already for the titles on PPV... and I can absolutely guarantee you the winners of that match will be facing somebody else 5 days later on Dynamite.

Midnight/RnR would have 6-10 matches before a program is blown off, variations of singles matches, dusty finishes in the tag matches, a gimmick here and there, etc.

AEW literally just says “hey these two teams are fighting for the titles next week, one time, and the winner faces another team the following week.”

That’s not long term booking, that is chaos and just burning through your division in months.

·
Registered
22,573 Posts
The one way you can justify it is that the Lucha Brothers did pin Omega and Hangman in a tag match, though that was back in 2019, and Pentagon I believe pinned Hangman in an 8 man tag last week.

So I guess you can stretch this and say because of those wins, the Lucha Brothers jump to the front of the line because they pinned the champions. Though if that is the case, I wish they would make that rule a little more clear. I mean we're not even talking about their Tag Team Battle Royal next week. You have a team like Angelico & Jack Evans who haven't won a match in forever but yet if they win this 1 Battle Royal, they get a PPV title match.

They have some work to do on the rankings honestly.

·
Registered
19,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s not what I’m saying.

These two teams are going to have one match... already for the titles on PPV... and I can absolutely guarantee you the winners of that match will be facing somebody else 5 days later on Dynamite.

Midnight/RnR would have 6-10 matches before a program is blown off, variations of singles matches, dusty finishes in the tag matches, a gimmick here and there, etc.

AEW literally just says “hey these two teams are fighting for the titles next week, one time, and the winner faces another team the following week.”

That’s not long term booking, that is chaos and just burning through your division in months.
Agree to the overall point of just throwing teams out there. Like hell even the Daniels vs Pentagon feud dropped out of nowhere. But to give credit where it's due they have been building for at least the expected Elite vs Elite tag match.

I certainly agree that they could use doing match variations and unclean finishes to extend feuds.

·
Registered
19,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The one way you can justify it is that the Lucha Brothers did pin Omega and Hangman in a tag match, though that was back in 2019, and Pentagon I believe pinned Hangman in an 8 man tag last week.

So I guess you can stretch this and say because of those wins, the Lucha Brothers jump to the front of the line because they pinned the champions. Though if that is the case, I wish they would make that rule a little more clear. I mean we're not even talking about their Tag Team Battle Royal next week. You have a team like Angelico & Jack Evans who haven't won a match in forever but yet if they win this 1 Battle Royal, they get a PPV title match.

They have some work to do on the rankings honestly.
They should just toss the rankings. Without the rankings Lucha Bros getting a title shot and TH2 getting a number 1 contenders match is still weird. But at least there's no official "hey we think 4 teams are better than the Lucha Bros" or "hey did you know TH2 haven't won a match all year, and have only 3 wins altogether."

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Just to give Lucha House Party another loss rather than having any idea to protect them let alone build them up to be marketable and viable. Just throw them in the battle royal and eliminated along with all the other non-winners would be better than having them straight job to Omega and Hangman. I wish the LB would just quit the company already - totally mishandled from the get go.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
You know what. I admit. This was literally my only slight complaint about dynamite was the announcement of this match. First off. Yes. Why are lucha getting title match?

Plus. You're having a battle royal to determine who goes for the titles at revolution... why do 2 angles revolving around the tag title scene? Lucha should be In the battle royal.

Next week would be a good opportunity to not use omega and page everyyyy week.

It's a good complaint (you know a company is rolling when we get to complain about small things)

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Agree to the overall point of just throwing teams out there. Like hell even the Daniels vs Pentagon feud dropped out of nowhere. But to give credit where it's due they have been building for at least the expected Elite vs Elite tag match.

I certainly agree that they could use doing match variations and unclean finishes to extend feuds.
Holy shit, I forgot about Daniels vs. Pentagon. That's another program that AEW has just dropped.

·
Registered
19,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to give Lucha House Party another loss rather than having any idea to protect them let alone build them up to be marketable and viable. Just throw them in the battle royal and eliminated along with all the other non-winners would be better than having them straight job to Omega and Hangman. I wish the LB would just quit the company already - totally mishandled from the get go.
Considering how well AAA has treated the AEW roster it's surprising they've made the Lucha Bros such a non-factor

Because Penta pinned Hangman in their 4 on 4 match
Then why not give them the title shot Wednesday instead of the no build SCU rematch

·
Registered
622 Posts
Pentagon pinned one half of the current Tag Team Champions in Hangman in the 4 on 4 match with the Young Bucks last week. Excalibur said as such this week when they were showing the graphic. It's not any different than when Scorpio Sky got a title match against Jericho for the World Title.

Don't see the issue. If anything it shows consistency.

·
Registered
19,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pentagon pinned one half of the current Tag Team Champions in Hangman in the 4 on 4 match with the Young Bucks last week. Excalibur said as such this week when they were showing the graphic. It's not any different than when Scorpio Sky got a title match against Jericho for the World Title.

Don't see the issue. If anything it shows consistency.
If that's how they do it then why not accompany it with a rankings boost you know

1 - 20 of 41 Posts