Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I heard about this person, she's dead, she was a voodoo witch who raised Bray and she is the source to Bray's "powers". That's pretty much it. Why are people so obsessed with it? If they make her a real person, for example Alexa, it becomes super corny. Let her be a mystery and a myth, works better that way. Why do people think "Paige dresses black=Sister Abigail", same with Liv Morgan like a year ago and now whenever a woman wrestler dresses in darker clothing everyone is like "DAE Sister Abigail!?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Yep, been saying that for years. Only way it could possibly work out is to have someone be “possessed” by her spirit, and even then what would be the point? Better to just keep things as they are.

·
rasslin
3,299 Posts
They screwed with her origins so much that its almost impossible to salvage her.

They should of just had her be be the cult leader that was reveled years later. They never should've went the supernatural route. It's literally only been accepted by Undertaker and even then people cringed at it.

I would've hired an actress like Melissa Leo to be Sister Abigail. She hit it out of the park in Prisoners around the time the Wyatt Family was starting out. She may have been a bit pricey but if they're willing to shell out money for Cain and Tyson Fury, I don't see why they couldn't put up the big bucks for an actress to lead the Wyatts. They could've even hired an unknown actress to play the role but instead we were treated to Bray Wyatt wearing some pantyhose over his head.

Unfortunately it's been about 6 years since the Wyatt family began and they are all but gone from the company and Bray is so far gone from ever being a main event talent that they might as well just give up. Its over. The character has been revamped so many times that there's nothing they can do to save Bray Wyatt. We've seen him fail against Cena. We've seen him humiliated by Rollins and Oldberg in epic fashion. Hes now in an awful feud with Braun that has produced some of the worst television in history.

Character had great potential but you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,708 Posts
From what I heard about this person, she's dead, she was a voodoo witch who raised Bray and she is the source to Bray's "powers". That's pretty much it. Why are people so obsessed with it? If they make her a real person, for example Alexa, it becomes super corny. Let her be a mystery and a myth, works better that way. Why do people think "Paige dresses black=Sister Abigail", same with Liv Morgan like a year ago and now whenever a woman wrestler dresses in darker clothing everyone is like "DAE Sister Abigail!?
I said Liv should be Sister Abigail since she doesn’t know who she is and goes to the fun house, Bray brainwashes her into thinking she’s sister abagail but an obsessed Bliss mark thought Bliss would be better because of tagging with braun. But never did the obsessed mark ever think/realize what comes after Bray feuds with someone else, where does Bliss go from there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
They screwed with her origins so much that its almost impossible to salvage her.

They should of just had her be be the cult leader that was reveled years later. They never should've went the supernatural route. It's literally only been accepted by Undertaker and even then people cringed at it.

I would've hired an actress like Melissa Leo to be Sister Abigail. She hit it out of the park in Prisoners around the time the Wyatt Family was starting out. She may have been a bit pricey but if they're willing to shell out money for Cain and Tyson Fury, I don't see why they couldn't put up the big bucks for an actress to lead the Wyatts. They could've even hired an unknown actress to play the role but instead we were treated to Bray Wyatt wearing some pantyhose over his head.

Unfortunately it's been about 6 years since the Wyatt family began and they are all but gone from the company and Bray is so far gone from ever being a main event talent that they might as well just give up. Its over. The character has been revamped so many times that there's nothing they can do to save Bray Wyatt. We've seen him fail against Cena. We've seen him humiliated by Rollins and Oldberg in epic fashion. Hes now in an awful feud with Braun that has produced some of the worst television in history.

Character had great potential but you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.
Some has been bad but not all. It's an issue to people who been watching wrestling forever or take it to seriously. It's more entertainment then wrestling anymore and that's hard for some people to accept

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, been saying that for years. Only way it could possibly work out is to have someone be “possessed” by her spirit, and even then what would be the point? Better to just keep things as they are.
Only way it would be feasible is if WWE enters the territory of reincarnation and/or possession which is something I rather not see since it would be really cringe and I doubt they would pull it off well.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I think it’s more important to EXPLAIN her than anything. I only watch certain PPVs, so maybe I’m wrong, but when I used to watch I remember they never explained her or anything.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Only way it would be feasible is if WWE enters the territory of reincarnation and/or possession which is something I rather not see since it would be really cringe and I doubt they would pull it off well.
In fairness, they already had that swamp match, so it can’t really get any worse

·
Standing with The Man
6,106 Posts
Doesn't matter either way the only woman in wrestling that could have realistically pulled off Sister Abigail or being possessed by her isn't even in WWE and any other women they try would fail.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,395 Posts
Some people are not really creative, so they just ask for some buzzwords heard in the shows being outspread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts