Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Ambrose & Cesaro 'nuff said!
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is one mans tale of having to deal with the daily runnings of that "special kind of person", to whom couldn't even find their own way out of brown paper bag.

I think it's mans oldest question, but why are people so damn fucking retarded at times? I'm sat at work and our lovely expensive revolving doors are broken (don't even get me started on why people can't seem to function with the word "revolving") anyway there are *looks up* currently 6 signs pointing to a temporary entrance...

The arrows point to the right... people then look at the sign with the arrow pointing right... they then ignore said sign, attempt to push the door that says "closed", not once but twice... they then pause, look back at the BRIGHT ORANGE sign, *the hamster wheel starts turning* and they go.......................... left? LEFT! LEFT! when a sign says a) closed, use temporary entrance and b) go right... why the fuck are you going left? don't give me "oh I don't need to come in now", because that's a big load of pig-poop, and you have just spent the best part of a minute establishing you cannot gain access into the building... what's even worse is when a person goes left, walks back to the broken door AND... pushes it again!!!!! I mean I have heard of babies being dropped on their head before, but you were clearly thrown out of the window, hit a passing truck and landed on the concrete...

I mean seriously FFS, it's a bright orange sign, there are 6 of them! 6! I wouldn't complain if it was 1, it was the size of pea and placed in stupid bloody place, but they are all in visible view, clearly stated what to do, heck I could be sat out there right now, in the snow, on a chair, and I reckon I would still be asked which way to go...

This, sums it up:

>_> I think I should add I work for Higher Education, with "degree" students...

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Because it's much more easier to be retarded.

Reactions: MKC

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I worked in a shop that had automatic doors - and one time the left one's mechanism wasn't working. So instead of leaving the right on automatic, we just turned the automatic function off and placed a big sign on the left half of the doors that said "Left door broken, use right." - and a smaller sign on the right that said "push".

You'd be surprised how many people walked off to the right to find a second entrance to the store that's on the right somewhere. If you knew the building I worked at and the way it was laid out - that would seem even more insane to you.

Of course, the best bit was actually the regulars (accustomed to our automatic ways) who chose to ignore the signs and just stand there for a few seconds, then put their hands out to the side like WHY IT NOT WORK?!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
The thing about common sense is that it isn't very common.
I think this right here sums it all up. Not everybody has or uses common sense. I'm not one to speak poorly of others, but...yeah, there are some "special" people out there, and I am going to leave it at that.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just curious, what university is this?

I can relate. I'm living in a student village at the moment. The entire road is covered in snow. One guy got a cushion today to use as a sled. He ran down the road, jumped and slid down a hill on said cushion. This would have been great, if he had some kind of braking device, and there wasn't a van at the bottom of the hill. I'm pretty sure he was concussed.

Other various acts of stupidity: Someone dropped an entire snowman on a girls head. Oh, and someone else hit a cage fighter with a hoover. No joke. The cagefighter had to be pulled of him. FML ...

·
HOPE
13,221 Posts
Meh, I don't really care. I have dumb moments like this all of the time. Yesterday at work I was wondering why the code wasn't working to go to the back. Turns out I was twisting the knob the wrong way.

·
Ambrose & Cesaro 'nuff said!
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So just got off the phone with someone... I am speechless.

Me: Good afternoon, XXX, how may we may help?
Caller: Hi, I would like to talk to counselling.
Me: Ok, no problem, and what is the query regarding?
Caller: Teeth
Me: ...er, sorry... *pause*... teeth?
Caller: Yes.
Me: You would like to talk to someone at our counselling team about your teeth?
Me: I think it would be best to talk to a dentist or the GP.
Caller: Ok.
Me: ... (at this point I am finding it so, so, so hard to keep a straight face or laughing down the phone)
Me: *breeth*
Me: So would you like to talk to the GP?
Caller: What’s counselling team?#
Me: *blank stare into nothingness*
Me: That would be help with personal problems such as depression.
Caller: Oh...
Me: Yeah.
Me: Shall I pass you over to the GP then?
Me: Ok, thank you.

Me: *transfer call*
Me: *hits head on table*
Me: *numerous times*

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Working at Tech Support would be awful, I know thats not what you do, but its similar.. so w/e

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
My take is people are dumb because society caters more and more to the lowest common denominator (especially entertainment) and makes it increasingly easier to go through life dumb.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Em, the doors have worked before for them every time they went to use them, to their subconscience there's no door opening process to be done so their minds may be a bit scrambled upon arriving at the door. Along with that, you can throw in the potential pressure of feeling like an idiot who doesn't know how to open a door, you might try to rush a fairly basic though process, therefore not computing it correctly and so on.
There may also be a certain immediate need to explain why you're looking so stupid to the people inside who can clearly see you there, not understanding how the whole door opening process works.

So yeah, I don't think its fair to brand people as idiots just because of one thing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts