Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,043 Posts
Are people shocked?

I mean, you've seen the guy right? He's charming as fuck, looks great, and is a master of marketing himself.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I am one of those people who are shocked at his success.

Within the confines of wrestling, I never really was shocked because he had charisma, good looks, and talked very well. His in ring worked improved over time. He had 3 out of the 4 things required to be a ME player right off the bat, and that's very rare.

His movie career is what shocked me. He's a good looking guy and is charismatic, but he is a terrible actor.

Whats the difference between The Rock, Mathayus, Beck, Vaughn, Driver, Joe Kingman, Porter, Agent 23, Bruno, Danson, Hobbs, Parsons, Roadblock, Buchannon, Sawyer? He plays pretty much himself or the WWE's The Rock character in almost all of his movies. He gets terribly exposed when he tries to do a role that is not "Rock" like.

I don't really like his movies, but the fact always remains that he's a proven draw in both wrestling and Hollywood and he's the only guy in history who managed to be a huge draw in both.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I am one of those people who are shocked at his success.

Within the confines of wrestling, I never really was shocked because he had charisma, good looks, and talked very well. His in ring worked improved over time. He had 3 out of the 4 things required to be a ME player right off the bat, and that's very rare.

His movie career is what shocked me. He's a good looking guy and is charismatic, but he is a terrible actor.

Whats the difference between The Rock, Mathayus, Beck, Vaughn, Driver, Joe Kingman, Porter, Agent 23, Bruno, Danson, Hobbs, Parsons, Roadblock, Buchannon, Sawyer? He plays pretty much himself or the WWE's The Rock character in almost all of his movies. He gets terribly exposed when he tries to do a role that is not "Rock" like.

I don't really like his movies, but the fact always remains that he's a proven draw in both wrestling and Hollywood and he's the only guy in history who managed to be a huge draw in both.
There have been sucky wrestlers who got over due to looks and charisma. Hollywood is just a bigger step from wrestling.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,719 Posts
Who's shocked I ain't, he's the most charismatic actor in the biz, he has more charisma then some of us could only dream about, fucking good on him, he's striking while the offered are hot , so whilst he does good on him.

IF YA SMELL THE DOLLARS THE ROCK IS MAKING!!!!

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,719 Posts
Also he can act in any role too role, Action, adventure, comedy, kids films not many actors can he is is a actor who plays loads of different genres, example Clooney always the heart throb, Pitt is prolly the closet who can do the rockbstyle this but he's getting on a bit now. John Cena is just starting as an actor, if he can play the bad guy role inFast 9 then we will have two ex wwe wrestlers who have shown if you can do it in wwe, why not Hollywood??

Peace.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Because Hulk Hogan was such a flop in movies nobody thought a wrestler could be could be a box office hit attraction. The Rock proved them wrong. He has fans that never watched the WWE or Wrestling.

·
Hardcore Casual
834 Posts
Because Hulk Hogan was such a flop in movies nobody thought a wrestler could be could be a box office hit attraction. The Rock proved them wrong. He has fans that never watched the WWE or Wrestling.
lol my sister watched Disney's Moana and she's like, "you know there's a former wrestler that voice acts and he has a pretty good voice!"

Me being a tool thinking everybody knows who The Rock is asked who. And she's like "uhh...Dwayne Johnson?" lmao. Yeah, he's pretty mainstream.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts