Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple of topics on here I've spotted quite a large amount of people predicting it's going to be Cena \ Orton at WrestleMania. Seeming to suggest there has been a lot of foreshadowing for it but to be honest, I've seen nothing to suggest Cena \ Orton at WM.

Unless there is going to be a sudden heel turn for Cena I just can't see it. Judging on the last couple of weeks Cena and Orton seem to be actually becoming... friends rather than enemies. Granted I know it doesn't take much Kayfabe wise to turn friends into enemies but I don't see the sort of tension or foreshadowing other people are using to predict and Orton \ Cena match at WM.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Would be nice to see Cena vs Orton at wrestlemania. But something even bigger then that will probably end up happening I can feel it.

·
Premium Member
10,198 Posts
I don't think anyone's mentioned it since the events of Sunday. We were expecting Cena to screw Orton, inadvertently or otherwise, which gives a reason for a later showdown. And since Orton/Cena is the closest there currently is to Rock/Austin, and since they're both faces, people were thinking something similar could be done to WM17. A face vs face main event, the two current biggest stars.

·
Number 30 in the Rumble
1,629 Posts
I think Barrett and Cena will be done by then and Barrett will face the Undertaker, Cena v Orton...I don't know...doesn't make much sense unless one of them turns heel.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts
Why would anyone want to see that again?

Cena and Orton has been done to death.

I imagine it'll be Wade Barrett and Cena at Wrestlemania, unless Taker comes back in time and wants revenge on the Nexus burying him alive.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depends on where they are going with the main eventers.

It was only last year we had Cena and Orton main event something like six PPVs in a row. Personally I'd rather see Cena and Orton feud with some of the newer upper mid carders going into WM rather than each other.

Still I can see the attraction. I think it just might be a bit too soon to have them go at it again. I agree that you can't have both Orton and Cena heel though. If Orton is now Face, Cena needs to turn...

Either way...

I just can't see how Cena is going to be time for him to be fired for a bit, come back and deal with whatever it is that he's called back for (probably nexus) and then also find time to get into a decent feud with Orton leading up to WM.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I wanna see it because this time it will be worth watching. If anybody should do a heel turn its orton. would be a sick wrestlemania.
:D

But the match card will probably be

Cena vs Wade
Randy vs Jericho
Triple h vs Sheamus
Swagger vs Ziggler
Edge vs Christian
Daniel Bryan vs Big Zeke(just out the top of my head)
Kane vs undertaker

Main event Morrison vs The miz.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
I think it's going to be Cena/Barrett myself. Have no idea what Orton is going to do this coming Mania though.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it's going to be Cena/Barrett myself. Have no idea what Orton is going to do this coming Mania though.
I've got Cena and Wade as well. HHH and Sheamus and...

Orton against... possibly Miz. Maybe Jericho.

Actually now I think about it... Orton is probably the most over face at the moment... he'll be getting a big fight at WM in order to cement his new overness... I honestly don't know who against though...

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Oh forgot th divas Nattie vs beth vs Laycool.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
I don't think anyone's mentioned it since the events of Sunday. We were expecting Cena to screw Orton, inadvertently or otherwise, which gives a reason for a later showdown. And since Orton/Cena is the closest there currently is to Rock/Austin, and since they're both faces, people were thinking something similar could be done to WM17. A face vs face main event, the two current biggest stars.
I think Barrett and Cena will be done by then and Barrett will face the Undertaker, Cena v Orton...I don't know...doesn't make much sense unless one of them turns heel.
I agree with both of you. I think we will end up seeing:

WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. John Cena

The Streak
Wade Barrett vs. Undertaker

I just don't know how the World Heavyweight Title scene is going to look around that time. Edge vs. Christian would be amazing...but I'm not holding my breath.

·
New Game. New Rules. New Era.
4,440 Posts
I don't want to see it.

The money making match is Cena vs Taker. There really isn't a bigger match that can happen at Wrestlemania tbh. If Taker is healthy that is; if not, they will have no other choice but to do Cena/Orton. I'm not too interested in a Cena/Barret match or even a Taker/Barret match for that matter. I definitely don't want The Miz main eventing the event in a title match.

Now that I think about it, I would love to see Orton vs Jericho.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Please no Cena/Orton at Mania, that feud has already been shoved down our throats over the years and I have no interest at all in seeing it for the 3,000th time at the biggest show of the year.

·
Banned
3,146 Posts
I think if they wanted to turn Cena heel (and not go the obvious Cena/Orton route) they could have him face 'Taker at WM, lose to him continuing the streak and then after the match have Cena freak out and take 'Taker out, effectively turning Cena heel and leaving 'Taker time to rest up so next year he can face Cena again for his 20-0.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Because they expect it to happen? Seems simple. Judging by the last thread I read of yours, your finger is way off the pulse anyway - so if you think it's impossible, I'm gonna bet on it happening :rolleyes:.

Lets face it, they are finally becoming allies - but both want to be the champion so if one is champion going into WM and the other is in a position where he earns a number 1 contender shot - kayfabe wise, neither would back down from that opportunity.

Besides, Cena has already acknowledged and established that the kids and girls love him and the guys hate him - so if it comes to WM we'll have a hot, split crowd which works.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
It really depends on what Wade Barrett does. The sensible thing is to make Barrett the WWE Champion at the Elimination Chamber and have John Cena be his challenger for WrestleMania, and make the stipulation that if Cena wins, Nexus has to disband. Now if that doesn't happen and Undertaker goes after Barrett instead, what else can they do with them for WrestleMania? I would hate to see this match again, but I don't know what more they could do that's viable. I definately don't see one, or both of them facing The Miz, and Triple H and Sheamus are still going to be fighting each other.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts