Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like, what does that even mean?

People say DB, the most over face on the roster that fans would have gone ballistic for if he won and would have cheered intensely had he been endorsed by The Rock, shouldn't have won the Royal Rumble because he "already had his moment." What? The most over guy on the roster is supposed to be limited like that? Hogan wasn't. Was Hogan supposed to midcard after he slammed Andre the Giant? The Rock was a 10 time heavyweight champion...and also a Royal Rumble winner. Austin won multiple Rumbles and had numerous high points in his career. John Cena is a FIFTEEN TIME heavyweight champ, 22 time champ overall and has won multiple special event PPVs like Elimination Chamber, Money in the Bank and 2 Royal Rumbles.

Half of Undertaker's CAREER was built on Wrestlemania Moments! That angle was popular and produced great matches and made the company money for years!

So why is Bryan supposed to be suppressed because he won the belt at last year's WM?

I don't get it!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Hogan main evented 9 times I think. Austin had 2 wm main events. I think while the rock main evented 3.How much times has Cena main evented exactly?What about Triple H and it's funny because he came from a torn quad and still won the rumble.
It's just that Bryan is not their cup of tea I mean people have different tastes and have their personal favourites that they want on top

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
Daniel Bryan should get pushed, but he shouldn't win the Rumble because the fans want 1 specific guy to win.. WWE would be shit if the most popular guy won constantly.. WWE is trying to create new stars with guys like Roman Reigns, and the fans won't allow them to. Daniel Bryan is already a star and will be as long as he's in WWE.

·
The Man
25,723 Posts
It was people who don't like Bryan or Reigns marks saying it. I even heard Bryan being compared to Cena if he were to main even again :booklel

Let's see if they sing the same tune next year after Reigns main events Mania this year.

The biggest match they could have gotten was Bryan vs Lesnar. Excellent match through a story standpoint and wrestling. Just amazing how wrestling fans don't want something that could have been legendary.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Well for me it would just be a rehash of the whole "Daniel Bryan fighting against the Authority" storyline. I'm guessing they wanted to try and make a new main guy with Roman. Whether or not that worked is up for debate.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Daniel Bryan should get pushed, but he shouldn't win the Rumble because the fans want 1 specific guy to win.. WWE would be shit if the most popular guy won constantly.. WWE is trying to create new stars with guys like Roman Reigns, and the fans won't allow them to. Daniel Bryan is already a star and will be as long as he's in WWE.
WWE's best period ever had their main guy constantly winning, resulting in 3! Rumble wins, nevermind 1. It didn't stop them building new stars, did it? No, not at all

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Instead of typing it out, I'll just link this

:punkout

:lol @ this video. 60 seconds in and I've already called bullshit and stopped listening to this guy's "reasoning". Yeah, the entire arena boos this guy out of the building, so they send out the most over guy in the history of the business as damage control, and he somehow gets booed as well. And this is a positive thing? This is Batista last year two times over. Yeah, positive...

And this whole "Bryan can't beat Lesnar since Lesnar has destroyed everbody already" bullshit is fuckin ridiculous. This is pro-wrestling, not MMA. CM Punk had the title for over a fuckin year after beating guys like Cena, Ryback, Big Show, Kane, etc and he was usually overmatched in weight by at least 100lbs, if not more. Who seriously thinks this is an excuse for Bryan not winning the Rumble and facing Lesnar? Using this theory, Hogan stood no chance against Andre who had supposedly never lost a match up until that point, so should Hogan have been replaced with someone else? Uhh, if that was the case, this forum probably wouldn't exist.

Reigns fans are grasping at straws in order to make up for the fact that their guy can't talk his way out of a fuckin cardboard box, is mediocre at best in the ring and was far behind others in terms of deserving a Mania main event.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay lets go back to last year, where everyone was mad at Batista because he didn't need the rub of winning the rumble and they wanted to give someone else a chance instead of seeing someone who we've all seen main event before, aka he didn't need it we've already seen him do this before, he has had his moment.

Now we go to Bryan who just had a moment at wrestlemania and is the biggest face in the company, the most succesful face in years being liked by all even though he was gone for almost a year, but he needs to win the rumble why? You want him to main event again fine, he will if fans want it enough, but don't be a hypocrite about it, yesterday was disgusting to be a fan, spoiled brats who complain that its not going the way they want, lets push the guy who doesn't need it, but wait wwe doesn't give new guys a chance >.> Daniel did not need to win the rumble, not because he had his moment, but because he is already the biggest star in the company, it is no different then everyone bitching about Batista last year.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,837 Posts
I didn't care for back to back Wrestlemania's with the same underdog story involving Bryan. He "overcame" the odds last year by beating Evolution. If he had faced Lesnar this year, they probably would've beaten him down each week before winning again at Mania.

I have no problem with him being a main eventer. He is one and should be treated as such but the WWE has to develop new stars. The product shouldn't revolve around one wrestler. The WWE should have more than one hot babyface.

·
Registered
139 Posts
He should be in the main event calibre matches again and even the main event of Wrestlemania. However. Some people want Bryan to main event everything and win everything perpetually and don't realise it will lead to a cena 2.0 type situation.

I also don't want to see Hogan / Flair > Stone Cold > The Rock > Cena > Bryan in terms of the timeline of the guy.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I didn't care for back to back Wrestlemania's with the same underdog story involving Bryan. He "overcame" the odds last year by beating Evolution. If he had faced Lesnar this year, they probably would've beaten him down each week before winning again at Mania.

I have no problem with him being a main eventer. He is one and should be treated as such but the WWE has to develop new stars. The product shouldn't revolve around one wrestler. The WWE should have more than one hot babyface.
Of course, but they should be doing the opposite of what they are now. Not holding many of the current top stars down to elevate Reigns, they should be trying to elevate Reigns to their level

Bryan main eventing 2 consecutive 'Manias would not hold down any talent and would be the right decision as he is the most over guy in the company right now. It's not like with Cena where he's been hogging the spotlight for over a decade, it's more like Austin who was at the peak of their careers when being pushed constantly

It'd have been like saying Austin shouldn't have won the 01 Rumble to face Rocky because he had had his moment at the top and would be holding the likes of Angle and Jericho back, which he didn't because why would it? Austin and Rock were the top guys, so they got the top match at WM. That was no slight on Angle or Jericho, they were still top guys who would eventully get their time in the sun

·
Registered
724 Posts
When people say that it's not them saying Daniel Bryan shouldn't have any more accomplishments or he shouldn't ever headline again. Some people just don't want to see the same exact story over again less than a year later. Some people think Daniel Bryan doesn't have to headline every Mania main event just cause he's popular. Some people want others to get some shine too.

Basically, "he already had his moment" ='s anyone of those things. It's also them saying it's not like he was given nothing (like some of his fans try and make it seem) "he had his moment".

Personally, I definitely wouldn't mind Bryan winning again, but I can see why people would say that. Everyone has different taste, not everyone wants it to be the Bryan show, not everyone wants to get attacked for not liking Bryan or for liking Reigns.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts

I fail to see how Daniel Bryan main eventing WrestleMania 2 times in a row is having the product revolved around him. WWE can still develop stars and pull the trigger on them when they are actually ready but right now, Daniel Bryan is the most over guy on the roster. He's the guy that should get a program with Lesnar at WrestleMania and also be the guy that beats him for the WWE world title. The fans wanted to see it and it would have only made sense to do it given Daniel Bryan's big injury comeback. I'm all for new stars being built but Reigns clearly isn't ready to be in the position he's put in so why not go with Bryan vs Lesnar?

Besides, Bryan deserves a nice, lengthy run with the title.

·
Premium Member
38,763 Posts
Like, what does that even mean?

People say DB, the most over face on the roster that fans would have gone ballistic for if he won and would have cheered intensely had he been endorsed by The Rock, shouldn't have won the Royal Rumble because he "already had his moment." What? The most over guy on the roster is supposed to be limited like that? Hogan wasn't. Was Hogan supposed to midcard after he slammed Andre the Giant? The Rock was a 10 time heavyweight champion...and also a Royal Rumble winner. Austin won multiple Rumbles and had numerous high points in his career. John Cena is a FIFTEEN TIME heavyweight champ, 22 time champ overall and has won multiple special event PPVs like Elimination Chamber, Money in the Bank and 2 Royal Rumbles.

Half of Undertaker's CAREER was built on Wrestlemania Moments! That angle was popular and produced great matches and made the company money for years!

So why is Bryan supposed to be suppressed because he won the belt at last year's WM?

I don't get it!

because people are stupid
Cena has been on top as champ like what 14 times, HHH something like 11 or 13
so DB cant get a real WWE title run.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts