Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of wrestlers today wear kickpads as part of their gear, Jericho, Punk, Bryan, Kingston, Miz, Kidd, Gabriel, Layla. And even guys from a long time ago like RVD, Rikishi, X-pac ect all wore the kickpad style. Why did this become so popular?

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
I understand why Daniel Bryan and CM Punk and among other wear them, and this is because their style incorporates lots of kicks, but I guess it is a universal "wrestling" gear style that wrestlers choose whether or not their offense includes lots of kicks. Makes more sense if you do lots of kicks though.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
This is specuation, but it's partially because they make smaller guys look better (people bitched as Rhodes for years before he finally put some kneepads on), and they might protect the knees if you land on them or something. Definintly not sure on the second, but they might contribute to protection in some way.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
I've heard its great protection for their knees. Maybe that's why.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
I wonder why Miz has them as he doesn't use kicks in his offense. Maybe he's just an fashion victim.

·
Registered
107 Posts
In boots, you're less moble and your feet have no grip because theres a big flat bottom. (I wear boots) But in kickpads you can wear them right over any kind of shoe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.