Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
*coin drop*
10,299 Posts
There was no real blowoff match. Fenix got injured and PAC had one of his regular disappearances back to the UK. Penta was left by himself picking up wins on Dark/Elevation, but in his promos he said he hasn't forgotten about HoB. HoB did a sidequest of killing Fuego while they waited for PAC/Fenix to come back.

These matches still haven't happened from this feud:

PAC vs. Malakai
PAC/Fenix/Penta vs. Malakai/Brody/Buddy (the full six-man tag, Erick Redbeard subbed for Fenix at the PPV buy-in)
Penta vs. Malakai
Penta vs. Buddy
Fenix vs. Buddy
PAC vs. Brody
Penta vs. Brody
Fenix vs. Malakai
Malakai/Buddy vs. Lucha Bros

And several others...

They could get a lot more juice out of it if they want to run singles matches. Or they could just end it with a six-man tag. They haven't gone through most of the options. I like this feud and was disappointed it just went away, since both groups have a good aesthetic and are genuine three-man tag units. This feud seems built for a big six-man gimmick match (Graveyard Match?) or to determine the first trios champions. Also, I doubt few would disagree that Malakai vs. PAC would be a better TNT Title feud than what's been going on with that belt.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was no real blowoff match. Fenix got injured and PAC had one of his regular disappearances back to the UK. Penta was left by himself picking up wins on Dark/Elevation, but in his promos he said he hasn't forgotten about HoB. HoB did a sidequest of killing Fuego while they waited for PAC/Fenix to come back.

These matches still haven't happened from this feud:

PAC vs. Malakai
PAC/Fenix/Penta vs. Malakai/Brody/Buddy (the full six-man tag, Erick Redbeard subbed for Fenix at the PPV buy-in)
Penta vs. Malakai
Penta vs. Buddy
Fenix vs. Buddy
PAC vs. Brody
Penta vs. Brody
Fenix vs. Malakai
Malakai/Buddy vs. Lucha Bros

And several others...

They could get a lot more juice out of it if they want to run singles matches. Or they could just end it with a six-man tag. They haven't gone through most of the options. I like this feud and was disappointed it just went away, since both groups have a good aesthetic and are genuine three-man tag units. This feud seems built for a big six-man gimmick match (Graveyard Match?) or to determine the first trios champions. Also, I doubt few would disagree that Malakai vs. PAC would be a better TNT Title feud than what's been going on with that belt.
I seem to recall them having a Trios match on PPV which got pushed to the pre-PPV show.
I love the idea of all those matches, but do feel like the feud needs more heat. Hopefully we get some good moments.

And they should consider ending this feud soon and allowing these guys to feud with others instead of an endless cycle of exchanging wins and losses with each other.

·
Registered
28,860 Posts
I mean they've never done the 6 Man Tag between the 2 sides, and Feni getting hurt in early January didn't help. Erick Redbeard had to fill in for Revolution but now they can finally have the match, whenever they actually do it.

What's more baffling to me is we've gotten no singles matches between the teams to build this. I mean even when Fenix was hurt, you could have done Malakai vs. Penta 1 on 1 for example. But at this point the feud has gone so long I really just want them to have the 6 Man, which will be great, and then move on.

·
Registered
*coin drop*
10,299 Posts
Since the feud transitioned from Andrade vs. PAC to Malakai vs. PAC (via that weird Cody/PAC vs. Malakai/Andrade match where they swapped feuds with Cody vs. Andrade also starting), these are the only actual matches that have happened between the groups:

AEW Dynamite #122 - TV-Show @ Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kings Of The Black Throne (Brody King & Malakai Black) defeat Death Triangle (PAC & Penta El Zero Miedo) (10:23)

AEW Dynamite #125 - TV-Show @ Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
Death Triangle (PAC & Penta Oscuro) defeat Kings Of The Black Throne (Brody King & Malakai Black) (7:31)

AEW Revolution 2022 - The Buy In - TV-Show @ Addition Financial Arena in Orlando, Florida, USA
House Of Black (Brody King, Buddy Matthews & Malakai Black) defeat Death Triangle (PAC & Penta Oscuro) & Erick Redbeard (17:23)

So basically, in terms of marquee matches they've barely scratched the surface despite the feud beginning around November (with the lengthy break due to PAC/Fenix being out). They could easily make this a one-year feud if they're imaginative, because there are a lot of interesting combos and stipulations they could do (Graveyard Match being an intriguing option).

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Since the feud transitioned from Andrade vs. PAC to Malakai vs. PAC (via that weird Cody/PAC vs. Malakai/Andrade match where they swapped feuds with Cody vs. Andrade also starting), these are the only actual matches that have happened between the groups:

AEW Dynamite #122 - TV-Show @ Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois, USA
Kings Of The Black Throne (Brody King & Malakai Black) defeat Death Triangle (PAC & Penta El Zero Miedo) (10:23)

AEW Dynamite #125 - TV-Show @ Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
Death Triangle (PAC & Penta Oscuro) defeat Kings Of The Black Throne (Brody King & Malakai Black) (7:31)

AEW Revolution 2022 - The Buy In - TV-Show @ Addition Financial Arena in Orlando, Florida, USA
House Of Black (Brody King, Buddy Matthews & Malakai Black) defeat Death Triangle (PAC & Penta Oscuro) & Erick Redbeard (17:23)

So basically, in terms of marquee matches they've barely scratched the surface despite the feud beginning around November (with the lengthy break due to PAC/Fenix being out). They could easily make this a one-year feud if they're imaginative, because there are a lot of interesting combos and stipulations they could do (Graveyard Match being an intriguing option).
Only if Eddie Kingston also challenges Jericho to a Human Torch match.

·
Registered
35,311 Posts
Because asshole Pac won't stay in the US and Tony is hell bent on Death Triangle being a thing. So every feud they get in lasts unreasonably long because at some point dumb ass Pac will be stuck in the UK. Add in Mexican Ricochet getting injured and now we're stuck with a 4 month lower midcard feud.

Edit excuse me 6 month lower midcard feud

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Its AEW. There's no story telling whatsoever, just random shit thrown together by the booker of the year.

I didn't even know Death Triangle was still around.

So many terrible stables that have been around for years with no purpose or reason. TK acts like these stables are The Shield, DX or nWo.

Reactions: Cube2
1 - 13 of 13 Posts