Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Member of Chelsea WFireflies/WFyatt Family/whatever. In Chelsea we trust.
1,649 Posts
Danielson’s look like a right skinny little Norman and the guy wearing a latex mask covered in oil with spikes growing out of his arms under Danielson?????

·
Fearless University Graduate
Fearless University Graduate
24,795 Posts
When AEW began we were promised an alternative, we were promised some wrestling as we all remember it being. Some people cant let go of that idea and have to pretend that AEW is everything it was supposed to be no matter what the reality is.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The game is stylized. It is meant to evoke the wrestling games of yore. OP knows this, but is just trolling at this point.

Personally I am going to put him on ignore.

·
Premium Member
5,505 Posts
Why is it always ‘shoot the messenger’ when someone criticizes AEW? Why not discuss the topic/message rather than make it about who posted it (or what the news source is when a dirtsheet reports something not flattering)?

If you don’t like the topic, ignore it. Start a tread about something you like in AEW rather than trying to get the mods to stoppeople posting critical threads.
In the last 7 days the OP has created 11 threads. 10 of those threads have been related to AEW. Of those 11 threads...

9 have been negative.

1 has been thought provoking from a neutral perspective.

1 has been news related.

Six out of the seven threads before this were negative about AEW too.

That's not including threads that moderators have merged.

With a track record like that it's more than fair to 'shoot the messenger'. If somebody like yourself who has shown themselves to be objective, balanced and fair created the thread I'd more inclined and willing to engage. However it comes from someone who wants to post a thread every time he thinks of something and clogs up the front page with his overwhelming negativity to the point where its become boring and to be blunt is not a good look for the forum. Theres nothing 'critical' about this thread. This thread could be in the AEW game thread thats still active, all his attendance threads could be ont thread. Judging by the number of people who have reacted to my post I'm not the only person who feels like this.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
In the last 7 days the OP has created 11 threads. 10 of those threads have been related to AEW. Of those 11 threads...

9 have been negative.
1 has been thought provoking from a neutral perspective.
1 has been news related.

Six out of the seven threads before this were negative about AEW too.

That's not including threads that moderators have merged.

With a track record like that it's more than fair to 'shoot the messenger'. If somebody like yourself who has shown themselves to be objective, balanced and fair created the thread I'd more inclined and willing to engage. However it comes from someone who wants to post a thread every time he thinks of something and clogs up the front page with his overwhelming negativity to the point where its become boring and to be blunt is not a good look for the forum. Judging by the number of people who have reacted to my post I'm not the only person who feels like this.
If the numbers were just the opposite — and you know there are posters (one in particular) who are AEW sunshine pumpers who ‘see no evil’ and post only positive threads … would the feeling be the same way that the poster needs to be ‘taken to the woodshed’ by the mods? I don’t think so (and that’s in a big-picture way what this particular thread is about … that it should be OK to criticize and that some people seem to take it personally — not you, I’ve seen your posts and you call it like you see it good or bad so I’m not lumping you in with that).

So from my point of view I see the nattering nabobs of negativism as well as the sunshine-pumpers. I don’t think either makes the forum look good or bad and they kind of cancel each other out. I was replying to you but not trying to call you out — more using your post to make my general point about the ‘attack the messenger’ mentality. I see it all the time when a dirtsheet ‘reports’ something that doesn’t reflect well on AEW and it seems there’s a kneejerk response from certain posters that need to say ‘this person isn’t credible’ but wrestling ‘journalists’ who post positive stuff about AEW also often have spotty track records and you don’t see that pointed out as much.

I am certainly critical sometimes (maybe overly so) about AEW and WWE, but I think I’m also fair in pointing out good things and things I like. Most of my posts are just jokes because I like to amuse myself and think it should be a place we can all have some fun.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
When AEW began we were promised an alternative, we were promised some wrestling as we all remember it being. Some people cant let go of that idea and have to pretend that AEW is everything it was supposed to be no matter what the reality is.
Were we really promised that or is that what everyone assumed it would be?

And as for the topic...That's for everything OP and there's nothing you can do about it. Best to just focus on how you feel about the product.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.