Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Banned
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why this mentality? As wrestling fans, we should all agree that right now the product should be a lot better than it is and I don’t understand why some continu to kiss Tony’s ass on social media. Why can’t AEW fans speak the truth? It’s the only way the product will improve and have a shot at being truly popular one day. Because let’s face it, AEW has become an extremely niche product. Just as example, look at this:

I see AEW fans saying this looks amazing. Why can’t you be honest with yourself for the love of god. It looks like absolute crap. This company can’t improve if you keep lying and pretending that everything AEW does is great.

· Registered
3,633 Posts
It's just blind, fierce loyalty and/or not wanting to/feeling able to face the reality that something they loved is falling apart. Defending everything and lying to yourself that everything is perfect isn't normal. There are few things on this planet that don't warrant some form of criticism. Even when I very much considered myself a real fan of AEW and regularly defended the product, I wasn't deluded enough to not be able to see that there were areas that needed improvement and that some criticisms were valid.

WWE fans have been doing it for almost two decades. It's like an abusive relationship. You still love it and you fool yourself that it'll change and get better - even though it almost certainly never will - and so you cling on and pretend everything's great.

· Banned
4,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Admins please limit the amount of threads this guy can make in a day.
What’s the problem? My threads are popular. They generate great discussions, many messages, many pages and many amazing brothers and sisters. If you’re not interested in the thread you can go participate in another one instead. Have a nice day brother DUD!

· Waiting for Kawato
5,289 Posts
Every show, production, promotion, performer, player, team, cult, and movement has crazies who will unfailingly drool over every single thing they do. It isn't unique to AEW. I'm wondering if you didn't already know that before asking the question.

· TEAM CHELSHIV
Umani. Vous êtes belle 💙💙💙💙💙
117,372 Posts
That particular quality isn't unique to AEW fans, nor is it to the legion of E-drones. Fanbases across the spectrum of sports and entertainment can be extremely rabid. Nothing new and incredibly simple to understand.:don:

6,103 Posts
I know the mod team has decided this is "discussion" but it really is getting silly now. I'm not saying Mr316 needs a time out - I kinda find the thread spam funny - but it feels like authorized trolling at this point. This is fine, I enjoy trolls and like lively disagreements, but the section is dominated by one poster and the threads are turning into folks complaining rather than chatting about the topic.

And to answer your question Mr316, a lot of wrestling fans are geeks who stan their favs, including fav promotions. Other folks just really love to trash talk about winning anything, including a mythical battle of the wrestling companies. Why do AEW (and WWE) fans defend AEW (and WWE) stuff? Why do people who profess to not watch AEW (and WWE) spend hours poking fun at said fans? Because they can.

· Registered
859 Posts
I think because the average dubbalo sees being a fan of AEW as part of their core identity. Raging against the evil WWE machine. They can't come to terms with the fact the product is failing. Just look at them losing their shit over signing another no-name Japanese goof called Takeashitter.

· Registered
890 Posts
there is a subset of younger aew fans who dont know any better....there only exposure to pro westling is 2010s wwe and 2010s impact...so they have an extremely low bar for what is considered good booking/ good product.

there is a subset of fans that are just glad aew exists as a wwe alternative.... they are so grateful that they just turn a blind eye or ignore anything awful aew does...they treat it like a sports team and cheer no matter what

there is a subset of fans, like many on this board who are happy aew exists and see the potential it has given the fact it is backed by a billionaire family with deep pockets...but critique all the shitty things they do in hopes that by calling out the bullshit they might actually make changes for the better.

there is a subset of "fans" who love wwe and want to see aew fail and go bankrupt

Personally....im in the third category....there are a few elements of aew which are great and its why I still watch but I call out all the indy garbage and amateur booking.

· Registered
3,711 Posts
Admins please limit the amount of threads this guy can make in a day.
Why is it always ‘shoot the messenger’ when someone criticizes AEW? Why not discuss the topic/message rather than make it about who posted it (or what the news source is when a dirtsheet reports something not flattering)?

If you don’t like the topic, ignore it. Start a tread about something you like in AEW rather than trying to get the mods to stop people posting critical threads.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.