Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I'm not a Christian hater or anything, but I don't see why the IWC loves this guy so much. I always hear guys bitchin' and moanin' about Christian not being in the main event scene. When guys have their "currently marking for" signatures, his name is always on the list. I hear guys talking about his ring work like he's the next Shawn Michaels. I even saw a guy say he's the best technical wrestler in the WWE (the guy must've never seen William Regal). If you ask me, he's just average, average moveset, average look, average gimmick, average everything. Nothing makes him stand out. I know he was a main eventer in TNA, but who can't main event TNA, hell R-Truth was a main eventer in TNA. I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just saying out of all the years I watched him (E&C, Un-Americans, Vitamin C, TNA), I've never saw anything that showed he's worthy of being a main eventer in WWE.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Hes a great wrestler, has charisma, and cut one damn funny promo. And i think everyone just wants to see him end his career with one world title. Though honestly, I think if he's happy with how his career went so far, why cant we?

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Well, if they're anything like me, it's because there are so many unresolved feelings from when he should have been pushed to the moon in 2005 but got buried without explanation before running off to Disney World.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Same here, I think he did a good job as ECW Champ but I can't see him being the face of a real brand.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Christian can get a good match out of ANYONE,has tons of charisma and even with no buidld or direction, still gets reaction.Not to mention his promos(even though rare nowadays) are gold.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Now I'm not a Christian hater or anything, but I don't see why the IWC loves this guy so much. I always hear guys bitchin' and moanin' about Christian not being in the main event scene. When guys have their "currently marking for" signatures, his name is always on the list. I hear guys talking about his ring work like he's the next Shawn Michaels. I even saw a guy say he's the best technical wrestler in the WWE (the guy must've never seen William Regal). If you ask me, he's just average, average moveset, average look, average gimmick, average everything. Nothing makes him stand out. I know he was a main eventer in TNA, but who can't main event TNA, hell R-Truth was a main eventer in TNA. I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just saying out of all the years I watched him (E&C, Un-Americans, Vitamin C, TNA), I've never saw anything that showed he's worthy of being a main eventer in WWE.
Hes the total package, good in ring, one of the best mic workers ever, oozes charisma and has the it factor... We all love him so much because he never got his chance due to vince disliking him.. he should be a multi time world champion

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Hiplop™;8779104 said:
Hes the total package, good in ring, one of the best mic workers ever, oozes charisma and has the it factor... We all love him so much because he never got his chance due to vince disliking him.. he should be a multi time world champion
this. Also Christian RUNS twitter he'll have more followers than Justin Bieber by Monday.

·
Registered
93 Posts
they should of kept Edge on Smackdown and had him team and or feud with Christian, they work great matches together both ways, and if they were a heel team like they were before at least Hart Dynasty would have someone, anyone to defend the belts against, and even though they were heels they were well received heels

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
this. Also Christian RUNS twitter he'll have more followers than Justin Bieber by Monday.
Impossible. :lmao

But in all reality...I don;t even remember what I was gonna type just now.

Oh well, I'll compensate by buying a "For the Peeps" shirt right now.

Captain Charisma >> Just about everybody

·
Registered
995 Posts
Why not?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The IWC are biased :p Christian has been getting little to no reaction for a few months now. Matt Hardy, MVP and Kofi Kingston get way better reactions than him.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
People just like what they like. I guess I don't have a more creative answer than that. I found that when watching the weekly shows, the PPVs, and whatever else, that I usually enjoyed his matches and promos. He's been as good as many guys and more consistent than some of the ones that hold a belt.

I'm realistic. I'd be pleased to see him hold one of the two belts for a decent run at least once in his career.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I agree about Christian being a great wrestler with good charisma, but I don't know... I believe he isn't motivated in the WWE, he may not want to do that medium extra effort to show all of us he deserves to be either World Heavyweight or WWE Champion. I don't see in his eyes the passion he once had.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts