Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Wrestlemania is over its time to switch gears. I thought Mania was overall great, especially night 2. Money in the Bank is my 4th favorite PPV of the year and whenever they do decide to that PPV, I would like to pitch the idea of them putting it on Aleister Black. Have him decorate and make it match his persona, and have him be dominate like he was in NXT. Then after he’s been built like a beast and got some more big wins under his belt, have him successfully cash it in on Drew McIntyre later on in the year maybe Survivor Series? Here’s why, they have been slowly building up Aleister Black for a main event title run. He was undefeated and he only lost matches either by Richochet taking the fall or not being pinned clean. He’s been pinned once on the main roster and it wasn’t a clean pinfall. The last time he lost clean was against Ciampa in an absolute clinic in NXT, and it took like 4-5 finishers to do it. He’s Heymans big project and it shows, I also believe Vince is very high on him too. They wouldn’t build him like this just to give him a mid card title run. This is a slow build main event push. He has a Pinfall victory over AJ Styles, so it looks like they are turning up the heat on his push. Things are going to be even slower now thanks to COVID-19, but that’s where a money in The Bank comes in. I would give him the briefcase. Have him go over clean against guys like Owens, Styles, Rollins, and Orton. Build him up like that monster he was in NXT, (he was basically inhuman in NXT) then have him cash in on Drew McIntyre at Survivor Series, have him announce it ahead of time and then have Aleister beat him clean.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,699 Posts
Why would you need to put MitB on a guy with like a 75-2 record?

Personally, I don't think he's the guy, but if they think he is then he needs to win the title the old fashioned way, MitB always gets the holder default pops because people just love to see a cash in, but when was the last time a star was actually made off of MitB?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Personally, I don't think he's the guy, but if they think he is then he needs to win the title the old fashioned way, MitB always gets the holder default pops because people just love to see a cash in, but when was the last time a star was actually made off of MitB?
Seth Rollins

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

He is the guy. He has the one thing that so many of these Indy guys don’t have, and that is CHARACTER.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,624 Posts
Problem is he's been the credible guy stuck on the waiting list for too long, I wouldn't hold out if he won MITB this year and prefer a cash in earlier than Summerslam.

Win-loss records tends to be ignored for the most part so Black isn't benefitting nor is hurt by it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
He’s shit the only people who like him are a minority of virgin neckbeards on the Internet.
He’s just a generic caw who entrance is basically the breather from Student Bodies. No gimmick just a godly wrestler who makes a certain demographic cream their pants in excitement. You know the people who hate Fiend and Reigns.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He’s shit the only people who like him are a minority of virgin neckbeards on the Internet.
He’s just a generic caw who entrance is basically the breather from Student Bodies. No gimmick just a godly wrestler who makes a certain demographic cream their pants in excitement. You know the people who hate Fiend and Reigns.
Horrible take. He’s got the best character in the business currently and has a lot of great matches. Based off of your logic no body in wrestling has a gimmick. Because if you think Aleister doesn’t have a gimmick then nobody has a gimmick. This whole anti smark argument doesn’t make any sense. Especially when you’re trying to use it on the one wrestler from the indies that has character. If you’re going to be an asshat then get off my post, please comeback with some intelligence.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black dont need it. Dont know who currently does, but Black's record speaks for itself
It would just be cool to see the briefcase decorated to match his character lol. I still think they need to push him like he was in NXT. NXT Aleister would have squashed Lashley.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
It would just be cool to see the briefcase decorated to match his character lol. I still think they need to push him like he was in NXT. NXT Aleister would have squashed Lashley.
Its that weird 50/50 booking where they refuse to let people get squashed anymore.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I wouldn't be against it but as his win/lose record is really good, I don't think he actually needs it. A long build to next years WM with either a Royal Rumble or Elimination Chamber win would be more beneficial to him, I believe.

As for MITB, I think AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, Dolph Ziggler, Robert Roode, Elias, and even King Corbin could use it more at the moment. Seth and AJ are both multi time world champion as could be seen as safe bet in regards to 2 new, fresh champion's in Drew & Braun. If there Reigns go south, Seth & AJ can cash in, become champion. Owens & Elias I'd count as similar in that either could take the heel approach and cash in sneaky and turn back heel. Or, they could stick to current gimmicks and announce cash in prior to PPV. Either match can then be built as a strong face vs face title match eg Owens vs Drew, Elias vs Braun and even Owens vs Braun.
Ziggler, Roode or Corbin in that all 3 are currently mid card heels and MITB can instantly make them champion. Roode is most likely to late now but his TNA run was pretty good. Corbin is most likely out of the 3, but it would probably be more beneficial to switch brands with him otherwise him vs Reigns would be unavoidable, again.

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
I think Aleister Black could definitely become a major champion without MITB, i'd love Cesaro & Dana Brooke to win MITB but that's nothing but a dream.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,133 Posts
What exactly is this "character" you speak of. All I've ever heard him say is he wants to pick a fight.

The guy can't carry a promo to save his life.

They should pair him with his wife, give her some type of Queen of the Damned gimmick, where she can do the talking and he's the soldier.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What exactly is this "character" you speak of. All I've ever heard him say is he wants to pick a fight.

The guy can't carry a promo to save his life.

They should pair him with his wife, give her some type of Queen of the Damned gimmick, where she can do the talking and he's the soldier.
If I have to explain to you what his character then you are a retard. Even the most hardcore marks know that he has a character. What’s Batistas character? The animal? Okay, why is he not in a cage? Why isn’t he out in the wild. Yet he has character, Aleister doesn’t come out there with a smile on his face and is happy to be there, he actually has a presence. It’s not about having a nickname, it’s about having a presence. Aleister is also great on the mic. You’re that same mark that knows nothing about strength training aren’t you? I’m ignoring your dumbass.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,133 Posts
If I have to explain to you what his character then you are a retard. Even the most hardcore marks know that he has a character. What’s Batistas character? The animal? Okay, why is he not in a cage? Why isn’t he out in the wild. Yet he has character, Aleister doesn’t come out there with a smile on his face and is happy to be there, he actually has a presence. It’s not about having a nickname, it’s about having a presence. Aleister is also great on the mic. You’re that same mark that knows nothing about strength training aren’t you? I’m ignoring your dumbass.
Honestly, what are you about 10 years old? 13 tops.

·
Registered
23,417 Posts
Aleister doesn't really feel like the best guy to be a MITB holder. It just feels better on heels. Though I guess he could be a guy like RVD and announce his intention beforehand, simply saying "I want to pick a fight with you, for your title."

He wouldn't be the best option, but probably not the best one.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yeah either him or ricochet. But I thought they said mitb isn't happening this year.

Black is very talented but its too soon for him to win something big and ricochet rise has been more organic. Its no coincidence they came in as a tag but only ricochet got the push

1 - 20 of 38 Posts