Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
HBK is the best damn Wrestler ever!
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course HBK and The Rock is the real dream match right now, if it could ever happen! DOUBTFUL! but there is a chance for The Rock vs John Cena one day, why is so many people up in the air about John Cena vs The Rock when there is such a good possible feud between The Rock and Randy Orton.

i will explain why i like this one.. Randy Orton has the gimmick the "The Legend Killer" The Rock is a huge legend, if you want a damn good randy orton feud, and fresh feud.. give him his Legend Killer gimmick back some how get The Rock back, how to start the feud, i will let you all give ideas, Legends we know Randy wrestled with, which we can not say were bad matches, enjoyed them, is HBK, Hulk Hogan, and Undertaker, why not try adding The Rock to his legend killer list, I definitely like Legend Killer vs Peoples Champ, better than Cena/Rock, second choice for a Orton dream feud would be The Viper vs the Rattle Snake.

lets hear yalls thoughts, and how you think the Orton/Rock feud should begin if it could ever happen.

If some remembers, we have seen Orton/Rock briefly in ring together back at Wrestlemania 20.

Reactions: The_Gizzame™

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Because John Cena is a bigger star than Orton, a better wrestler and the top guy of this era.

Orton/Rock, if it happened, would only show how superior The Rock is to Orton, building up the feud.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Because Cena has 10,0000x the skill Orton does in every area of the business, and is a REAL star. He didn't get overpushed for 5 fucking years while the crowd was falling asleep. Orton sucks, he's a joke who owes everything in his career to politics.

For the record, I don't want either. Rock can stay away.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Because rock made disgusting and arrogant comments towards cena. Rock is a pussy who can only talk trash about cena in interviews and places like the hall of fame ceremony where he knows cena can't beat him up because it would look bad for cena.

when cena challenged him to a match he said he "might think about it", suprisingly we never heard anything again from him. WWE has invited rock to make appearances on raw several times but he keeps turning them down because his hollywood schedule won't allow it.

It's funny because his hollywood schedule didnt stop him from turning up at ufc. He thinks he is so much better than wrestling. He is embarassed to have ever been associated with wrestling that is why he changed his name to dwayne johnson in the movies. He used the wwf/e as a stepping stone, he used the wrestling fans to get him popular and get him into hollywood and when he made it he turned his back on us. Now he is trying to ride the coat tails of the ufc fans because ufc is now popular.

its a shame this match will never happen, cena wants it to happen. He has said himself that he lives for this business and will never turn his back on the wwe fans like rock has done. Rock unfortunately thinks he is a hollywood big shot now, the wwe is apparently beneath him. Its a shame he doesnt appreciate the business and the people that made him. If it wasnt for the fans cheering him he wouldnt have become popular, in fact if the fans decided not to react to him at all he would have been a jobber or a mid-carder at best.

also orton is boring and like a robot and him against rock would be one of the boringest matches ever. You need at least one person in a match who can wrestle and neither rock or orton can do it very well.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Cause a Rock/Orton Match Would suck and Orton would get ABSOLUTELY BURIED on the Mic by the rock [id like to see that part actually lol]

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Because rock made disgusting and arrogant comments towards cena. Rock is a pussy who can only talk trash about cena in interviews and places like the hall of fame ceremony where he knows cena can't beat him up because it would look bad for cena.

when cena challenged him to a match he said he "might think about it", suprisingly we never heard anything again from him. WWE has invited rock to make appearances on raw several times but he keeps turning them down because his hollywood schedule won't allow it.

It's funny because his hollywood schedule didnt stop him from turning up at ufc. He thinks he is so much better than wrestling. He is embarassed to have ever been associated with wrestling that is why he changed his name to dwayne johnson in the movies. He used the wwf/e as a stepping stone, he used the wrestling fans to get him popular and get him into hollywood and when he made it he turned his back on us. Now he is trying to ride the coat tails of the ufc fans because ufc is now popular.

its a shame this match will never happen, cena wants it to happen. He has said himself that he lives for this business and will never turn his back on the wwe fans like rock has done. Rock unfortunately thinks he is a hollywood big shot now, the wwe is apparently beneath him. Its a shame he doesnt appreciate the business and the people that made him. If it wasnt for the fans cheering him he wouldnt have become popular, in fact if the fans decided not to react to him at all he would have been a jobber or a mid-carder at best.

also orton is boring and like a robot and him against rock would be one of the boringest matches ever. You need at least one person in a match who can wrestle and neither rock or orton can do it very well.
Do you have proof of any of this, The rock in no way shape or form wants to jeopardize his acting career. I swear he was at UFC to support brock not have a match against brock. I think that cena/rock would be better mainly because of the mic skills by the both of them. But if the rock was to come back he would probably just be chill and cut some hilarious promos, not wrestle.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I want Rock & Austin v. Orton and Cena. But have it when the creative team get the pieces put into place and have Orton and Cena both get a real hot streaks with the fans and look legitimately on par with a one night only Rock and Austin, then that would be awesome for Mania. With a sick crowd, ala Toronto.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Do you have proof of any of this, The rock in no way shape or form wants to jeopardize his acting career. I swear he was at UFC to support brock not have a match against brock. I think that cena/rock would be better mainly because of the mic skills by the both of them. But if the rock was to come back he would probably just be chill and cut some hilarious promos, not wrestle.
it is common knowledge. I would like to see rock v cena as well but I guarantee it will never happen because of rock

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
it is common knowledge. I would like to see rock v cena as well but I guarantee it will never happen because of rock
Of course its because of the rock but I am talking about proof of him completely shitting all over the WWE and Cena. He clearly stated he wasn't interested in facing Cena but I am pretty sure they both have respect for each other. If you can prove me wrong no problem.

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
because orton sucks... also even though i dislike rock, he is exiting and charismatic.. orton is terribly boring, while cena has charisma and is exiting

cena mixes better, and is miles ahead of orton in wvery way

·
Registered
573 Posts

I just can just feel the bitterness.

1. This isn't boxing. You don't challenge someone in public. This is pro wrestling, The Rock is retired. Enough said.

2. The Rock has never insulted Cena. Everyone, including Cena, would know that he was joking at the HOF.

3. You're acting as if The Rock completely shit on WWE. You do know that The Rock has been retired since 2002 don't you? In that time he has come back and put over Hurricane, Lesnar Christian, Jeff Hardy and Goldberg.Not just this, but he came back several times for one nights only. The Rock is still good friends with JR, Austin, and apparently Angle and Goldberg. Thta clearly shows he hasn't forgotten his roots, otherwise he'd have ignored everyone. I would argue that he has appearted as many times as Austin since he retired.

4. You said Rock/Orton would be poor because neither can wrestle, yet you want to see Cena/Rock? The Rock is criminally underated as a wrester. Go and watch his matches with Austin, Benoit, Jericho, HHH, Undertaker. He even had decent matches with people like Billy Gunn, Booker T, Hurricane, Mick Foley ect. It's so easy for Rock haters to talk about his lack of wrestling ability, but in actual fact it's a load of shite and is just a way for people to bash him over the head with. He was a good wrestler, who could put on a good match, and definately better than both Cena and Orton. Was he a HBK or Kurt Angle? No. But he could still carry an excellent match.

The amazing thing about Rock is that unlike many others, he doesn't mind putting people over. If this match was to happen, there would be no doubt in my mind who would win - something which can't be said when other legends are involved.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
I just can just feel the bitterness.

1. This isn't boxing. You don't challenge someone in public. This is pro wrestling, The Rock is retired. Enough said.

2. The Rock has never insulted Cena. Everyone, including Cena, would know that he was joking at the HOF.

3. You're acting as if The Rock completely shit on WWE. You do know that The Rock has been retired since 2002 don't you? In that time he has come back and put over Hurricane, Lesnar Christian, Jeff Hardy and Goldberg.Not just this, but he came back several times for one nights only. The Rock is still good friends with JR, Austin, and apparently Angle and Goldberg. Thta clearly shows he hasn't forgotten his roots, otherwise he'd have ignored everyone. I would argue that he has appearted as many times as Austin since he retired.

I would be greatful to put something like this in my sig. This what has running in my mind for a while, just never knew how to properly put it down. You my friend summed it up perfectly.

4. You said Rock/Orton would be poor because neither can wrestle, yet you want to see Cena/Rock? The Rock is criminally underated as a wrester. Go and watch his matches with Austin, Benoit, Jericho, HHH, Undertaker. He even had decent matches with people like Billy Gunn, Booker T, Hurricane, Mick Foley ect. It's so easy for Rock haters to talk about his lack of wrestling ability, but in actual fact it's a load of shite and is just a way for people to bash him over the head with. He was a good wrestler, who could put on a good match, and definately better than both Cena and Orton. Was he a HBK or Kurt Angle? No. But he could still carry an excellent match.

The amazing thing about Rock is that unlike many others, he doesn't mind putting people over. If this match was to happen, there would be no doubt in my mind who would win - something which can't be said when other legends are involved.
This would be a great sig to shut the rock haters up for good. To put it simple the rock has a new career just like brock and any other superstar who is retired. We would all want to see him back for one night but it just might not happen. Get over it.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Cena is the face of the company while Orton is even behind Batista in terms of star power. Not to mention Cena is superior to Orton on the mic and in the ring, Orton would never be able to hold his ground with The Rock in a promo.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
He is embarassed to have ever been associated with wrestling that is why he changed his name to dwayne johnson in the movies.
LMAO

Maybe he might have wanted to be seen seriously as an actor? For the record, because from that post I'm really unsure whether you knew this, he wasn't christened 'The Rock'. His name at birth is Dwayne Johnson. He didn't change his name to Dwayne, he changes it to The Rock for the wrestling.

If CM Punk did movies, would you expect his movie name to be CM Punk, or Phillip Brooks? If it's a proper film, I wouldn't want my wrestling name on it.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Because Cena is today's Rock. He's called Rock out for leaving WWE too. Orton and Rock would be pretty good no doubt but Cena and Rock would be huge.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Because rock made dis...
IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!
So know your role and shut your damn mouth!

The Rock has retired from wrestling end of discussion. He has made a few appearances since he's retired but its hard what with WWE constantly moving city and being on the road. Also the Rock making more movies per year than he has before. You cant expect him to fly from where he's filming a movie or from a foreign country just to appear for one night on RAW? Personally if I want to watch the Rock I watch him on DVD or Youtube in his prime, feuding with supertars who are actually have characters when wrestling wasnt boring. Get over the fact he's gone. You should be glad anyway, he would bury Cena on the mic and probs get better crowd support even though he would job to Cena to put him over.

Cena may be the champion of the people but he will never be the people's champion

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Wow. Why should a lot of people want Orton/Rock?

Unless you've not been watching for the past five years, Orton is hardly big enough to be put in the ring with The Rock. He would be eclipsed in every way. Cena, right now, eclipses Orton in terms of starpower. It would be even worse with The Rock.

The reason people want Cena/The Rock is because Cena is the biggest star of this generation. That and the fact that Cena is actually pretty good on the mic when he's not being corny. He wouldn't be completely buried, unlike Orton.

Add in potential resentment from Cena (it goes with his real life comments and his character portrayal) and there's an interesting dynamic added to the existing face of present vs. face of the past one.

There's also the fact that Orton, until this year, was only the sixth or seventh top act in the company. He wasn't even considered part of the top-tier of superstars. I find it more worrying that there are people that would actually want this match over Cena/Orton, even if they're hardcore Orton fans.

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
I'm not the biggest Cena fan, but he's clearly the bigger superstar, more charismatic, better wrestler, better on the mic. He's better than Orton at pretty much everything. Except at being injured. Orton probably wins there.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts