Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
in general im happy whenever the mitb briefcase holder cashes in and wins. those are some of the biggest moments i have had in recent memory really. especially dolph cash in, edge, cmpunk, and hell even the miz cash in i marked out for just cause of the insanity of it lol

i tend to not get really pissed about any title changes but do kinda give a wtf when cena wins cause he's so damn stale. didnt like when david arquette won the wcw championship years ago. when vince put the strap on himself got me a little perturbed.

·
Oh, What a Day! What A Lovely Day!
3,568 Posts
Happy: Punk in 2008, 2009 and 2011, Daniel Bryan at WM XXX and Eddie Guerrero in 2004

Mad: Great Khali in 2007, John Cena when he won the WWEHC, Swagger in 2010 and everytime The Miz was champ.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Happy: Foley's win on Raw, Angle's WHC win when he returned to Smackdown, Batista's win at WM 21, Orton's win at No Mercy, Jericho's win at Unforgiven, Hardy's win at Armageddon

Mad: I can't recall being enraged by a title win, but some wins have annoyed me like a few of Cena's.

·
Registered
327 Posts
OMFG !!!!

Why has know one mentioned Mankind winning the title in 99 - I was jumping around the living room like a lunatic. - relive it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60pU-fAcLdk

That was when crowds went mad when a title changed hands...or the good old days as I call them

RVD Beating Cena 2006 - come on, with all the Cena hate on here how can you miss that one ?

Tanaka Beating Awsome at TNN in 99 - Awesome - just freaaaking awesome (non sure if ecw is allowed)

Mad titles - I used to get pissed off every time HHH retained the title during that spell in the early 2000's, but only because he was an awesome heel the crowd actually wanted dead.

Also - Edge cashing in on the Undertaker 2007 - Grrrrr, I wasn't happy.

·
Weird Heel Run
1,142 Posts
Happy

Austin - WM 14
Foley - "That'll put a lot of butts in seats"
John Cena - WM 21
Batista - WM 21
HBK - Survivor Series 2002

Mad

Ric Flair - 1992 Royal Rumble
The Rock - Survivor Series 98
RVD - ECW ONS
Krispin Wah - WM 20

·
Registered
73 Posts
Happy: Edge cashing in money in the bank and winning the WWE title for the first time is easily the one that made me the happiest. It ended a near one year reign from John Cena that I thought was beyond boring. I was hoping that the WWE was going in a new direction and making Edge the face of the company. Yeah silly me I thought they were going to dial Cena back in 2006 I could not have been more wrong. Still my favorite title win though!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good
Guerrero, Benoit, Mysterio: encapsulated their long careers with a big moment, I remember thinking that's it, they can job the rest of their careers (looking at you Rey lol) but they got their time in the sun
Jericho: heralded his entry into an even bigger career, and Jericho is my #1
Nash (WWF): I realize his run was a failure but I was really into the guy in the 90s
Goldberg: I was a mark at the time hahaha so I ate that shit up

Bad
Early 2000s HHH: though as mentioned, he was heeling it up, but got sick of seeing him champ again and again
JBL: took me a long time to enjoy him at all, I honestly couldn't stand watching him wrestle, so him as champ was the pits
Christian: not because I hate Christian (I'm mixed on him), it was just such a garbage run that no one could get into

I'm sure to be opinionated on more (Shawn and Edge mentions just above were great to see) but these kind of stick out for me.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts