Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Think about it. If things worked out better for him on Raw, we wouldn't see him on
Smackdown again (not that I'm against it, I'm an Edge fan myself). When he was drafted
to Raw in April this year, WWE wanted a feud with Edge and Randy Orton. Then Orton
accidently injures himself and WWE pulled the plug on the feud. I know alot of us on here
wanted to see the feud happen. After that Edge got involved with the Nexus storyline abit,
and just floundering around in the mid-card with the likes of Evan Bourne, R-Truth, etc.
Then ultimately feuding with the Raw laptop. That was WWE's excuse to ship Edge to
Smackdown.

Once arriving he briefly feuded with Jack Swagger and won. And now presto,
Edge is the new Number 1 contender for Kane's World Heavyweight Championship. So my
question is, had Edge not been drafted to Smackdown, who would be in his spot to challenge
Kane for the World Heavyweight Championship. Undertaker got injured thus postponing
the UT/Kane feud. Obviously Smackdown needed the next big face to step up. Mysterio is
wrapped up with Del Rio, Christian got injured, Kofi is still in mid-card/upper mid card,
Big Show is bouncing back and forth on the card its seems. Imo Edge either took Big Show's
spot or (can't believe I'm saying this) Chrisitan. Think about it. If Christian didn't
get injured, he would still be in a feud with Del Rio. Del Rio came out and interrupted
Kane's ceremony for the Undertaker. Then Mysterio came out. Then Edge. So somewhere
Christian may have came out and been involved in the Triple threat match last week. On the
flip side all of this wouldn't be possible if the Undertaker didn't get injured in the first place.

So who would have been the number 1 contender if Edge didn't get drafted?

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Have you heard of paragraphs sir?

Anywho, they would probably have to elevate some younger guy like Kofi. That or stick Rey back in.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH jeez people get over it. I'll space the post for you already. I've seen longer post than
mines

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Think about it. If things worked out better for him on Raw, we wouldn't see him on Smackdown again (not that I'm against it, I'm an Edge fan myself). When he was drafted to Raw in April this year, WWE wanted a feud with Edge and Randy Orton. Then Orton accidently injures himself and WWE pulled the plug on the feud. I know alot of us on here wanted to see the feud happen. After that Edge got involved with the Nexus storyline abit, and just floundering around in the mid-card with the likes of Evan Bourne, R-Truth, etc. Then ultimately feuding with the Raw laptop. That was WWE's excuse to ship Edge to Smackdown.

Once arriving he briefly feuded with Jack Swagger and won. And now presto, Edge is the new Number 1 contender for Kane's World Heavyweight Championship. So my question is, had Edge not been drafted to Smackdown, who would be in his spot to challenge Kane for the World Heavyweight Championship. Undertaker got injured thus postponing the UT/Kane feud. Obviously Smackdown needed the next big face to step up. Mysterio is wrapped up with Del Rio, Christian got injured, Kofi is still in mid-card/upper mid card,Big Show is bouncing back and forth on the card its seems. Imo Edge either took Big Show's spot or (can't believe I'm saying this) Chrisitan. Think about it. If Christian didn't get injured, he would still be in a feud with Del Rio. Del Rio came out and interrupted Kane's ceremony for the Undertaker. Then Mysterio came out. Then Edge. So somewhere Christian may have came out and been involved in the Triple threat match last week. On the flip side all of this wouldn't be possible if the Undertaker didn't get injured in the first place.

So who would have been the number 1 contender if Edge didn't get drafted?
Taker would be the reigning World Champion and ADR or Swagger would've been his contender.

·
I like me
407 Posts
I can't see Swagger in a sort of high profile feud with the Undertaker with the Swagger
soaring Eagle lol
Exactly. The Hawk would have been the only viable option.

WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF IT!

·
Premium Member
12,069 Posts
I think Edge would've moved to Smackdown regardless of whether Undertaker was injured or not, because the wheels were already in motion for him to switch brands. I do think, however, that had Undertaker remained healthy, he would currently be the World Heavyweight Champion.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Edge isn't taking anybody's spot. He didn't have any direction on Raw, so they moved him to Friday nights. If anything, he's becoming the Randy Orton of SmackDown - the antihero babyface that dosen't care about anyone but himself, but still has the crowd support. "Spear!" is essentially the SD equivalent of "RKO!".

And honestly, I'm glad Kane finally won his token World Heavyweight Championship, but enough is enough. His reign has been so boring it makes Jack Swagger's look good. Hope he drops it before the year is over. Between him cutting cheesey promos with Paul Bearer, Big Show squashing heels with that stupid headband on his bald head, and Rey Mysterio still an "underdog" that beats everyone every week...Edge as a face, along with Alberto Del Rio rising through the ranks, is the only good thing SD has going for it right now.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Edge isn't taking anybody's spot. He didn't have any direction on Raw, so they moved him to Friday nights. If anything, he's becoming the Randy Orton of SmackDown - the antihero babyface that dosen't care about anyone but himself, but still has the crowd support. "Spear!" is essentially the SD equivalent of "RKO!".

And honestly, I'm glad Kane finally won his token World Heavyweight Championship, but enough is enough. His reign has been so boring it makes Jack Swagger's look good. Hope he drops it before the year is over. Between him cutting cheesey promos with Paul Bearer, Big Show squashing heels with that stupid headband on his bald head, and Rey Mysterio still an "underdog" that beats everyone every week...Edge as a face, along with Alberto Del Rio rising through the ranks, is the only good thing SD has going for it right now.
Edge is taking someone's spot. When you trade someone of his caliber from one show
to the other, you have to have a plan. They did have a plan for Edge on Raw and it got cut short. They could have him feud with Evan Bourne or John Morrison. I understand he is becoming the Randy Orton of Smackdown. Look how fast he became number one contender. He doesn't need another World Championship run. However I will accept a run where he wins one as a face, and it is not through him cheating and stepping on others toes to keep it. This would be the first WHC run he has won as a face. In a way I'm for it, and I'm against it.

Edge at this stage of his career should be putting others over in feuds,
but the crowd won't boo him nowadays. They want to cheer him because they know how awesome he is. He may be one of the most over babyfaces on SD. I'm still not convinced this will
be a one on one contest between Edge and Kane. Del Rio will not let himself go unnoticed.
Why do you think when they show the Survivor Series card they never show the Smackdown match for the World Heavyweight. I think it will end up in a Triple Threat possibly.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I can't see Swagger in a sort of high profile feud with the Undertaker with the Swagger
soaring Eagle lol
You wouldn't like to see The Undertaker be attacked by the Swagger Soaring Eagle? Or, better yet The Undertaker performing a Tombstone Piledriver on the Swagger Soaring Eagle!?? What planet are you from!

(Not srs)

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
soaring Eagle lol
Hate to quote myself, but here's what I have said in the SSE thread:

I would laugh my ass off if he struck it with lightning and feathers flew all over the place and Swagger mentions something about the eagle's insurance not covering man made environmental accidents.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Back to Swagger and Taker, another funny would be:

Swagger: "I'm a 2 time, 2 time" (SSE is holding up his wings like he's throwing up 2 fingers), Swagger: "No Soarie that's 3" (Swagger kind of bends the SSE's wingtips as if he was showing a kid to hold 2 fingers, but clearly nothing has changed), Swagger: "2 time, 2 time" (SSE now solutes Swagger) "all American, American, American BADASS!!!" (SSE now has his wings by his beak as if he's gasping, then does a "shame shame" gesture with his wings).

Haha, sorry I haven't anything better to do than think of this silly stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Edge hasn't taken anyones spot other than his own, back. He had been on Smackdown a long time prior to his injury where he had been in the main event spot, even after he came back he had his main event spot on SD when he feuded with Jericho for the title. When he was drafted to Raw I agree, he didn't have much direction at all after the Orton feud collapsed because of Orton's bad shoulders. But now he's returned to Smackdown he's essentially just taken his old spot back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts