1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine are:
Vader (RIP) - ffs dude, speak up.
Finlay - see above.
Mike Graham - he acts all salty but doesn't have the personality to back It up.
Bob Holly - see above.
Kevin Sullivan - just boring as fuck.
Eric Bischoff - all of the above.
Joey Janela - dumbfuck.
Joey Ryan - dumbdick.

·
Training to be a Grappler
2,340 Posts
Mike Graham's shoots are hilarious.

He just hates everyone in wrestling (RIP Mike Graham)

I hated Barry Windham's shoot, because i couldn't fucking hear him at all.... and KC aint doing no damn captions.

the worst shoots are people still trying to be in the business, that is why Cornette's and Russo's shoots are the best, they burned bridges and you can tell, they know it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh and CM Punk definitely, he fails hard at being funny and he tries to clown people on top of that.
And Hornswoggle is one annoying fuck.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Kevin Nash, the guy is the biggest troll,he has a college degree in psycology so he is a manipulative fuck, is a huge sellout and a gold digger

the fact that this guy isn't in the gutter or behind bars and still getting paid to make appearances is a travesty of justice

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
RF Video shoots; it doesn't matter who it is. I know many give them a pass for being a pioneer in wrestling shoots, but having worked in journalism myself (not wrestling, but still), those are painfully dull interviews with zero flow to them. "Memories of X." "What was it like working with Y?" "You tagged with (or worked for) Z for awhile. How was that?" These 3 questions or a slight variant that a high schooler could glance at Wikipedia for 10 minutes and come up with all looped over an hour to cover an oftentimes accomplished talent's career with little improvised follow-up. Ugh!

As for a person: Maybe he's gotten better with age (haven't heard him lately), but Goldberg always had this bizarre complex of seeing himself predominantly as a NFL player despite only starting one game and most times I've heard him is always on his moralistic high horse or talking about how he was taken advantage of in wrestling/everyone's negative opinion is wrong.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Eric Bischoff. He can't remember anything or if he does it's to talk about how he was right and him and Hogan never did anything wrong. Listening to him shit on Meltzer every 2 minutes is boring as fuck too.

·
Banned
281 Posts
Hulk Hogan brotherrrr
Roman Reigns
Jake “The Snake” Roberts
Gene Snitsky
Jon Moxley
Seth Rollins
Chris Benoit
Scott Hall

·
Premium Member
14,965 Posts
Definitely agree with RF Video.

His questions lack depth, which results in relatively short answers with no details attached. Memories of working with such & such is an amateur topic, especially when it often prompts an answer of "I never worked with them", resulting in RF moving on. Terrible preparation and presents him as someone that has no knowledge of the person he's interviewing.

The one specific interview I hated watching/listening to was Brutus Beefcake with Kayfabe Commentaries, largely because it was a never ending Hogan-suck session. And in the few instances where he wasn't sucking off Hogan, he was painting himself to be a much bigger star than he actually was. Didn't even finish the whole interview because he broke my bullshit meter.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Vince Russo

That voice of his is so fucking annoying and all you here is bro every 5 seconds!

Paul Heyman

He comes across as an arrogant prick who thinks he's special and some kind of genius!

Kevin Nash

Boring as fuck and a giant arrogant self indulging douchebag!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hulk Hogan- A compulsive liar. The only time he tells the truth is when he is on major documentaries like Andre, or Ric Flair's ESPN interview. He was telling the truth then.

Bret Hart- Bitter, and utterly negative and depressing to listen to. His book was good however.

Sting and Lex Luger- So called "Christians" who never ever tell much detail to a story. If Sting is required to actually think on a question he will not answer it. He can be seemingly condescending at Q and A at meet and greets. I simply am not satiated when I feel him speak. Lex Luger dodges every question saying, "I absolutely was never involved in that," over and over. He seemingly cannot remember anything from wrestling, since he has so very few stories. Read his book. It's mostly about his so called "conversion." Only about 40 pages are dedicated to wrestling.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,270 Posts
Jim Cornette. Super smart mind for pro wrestling, but I’d freak if I was locked in a broken elevator with him. Goodness those rants of his start and then never stop. Can’t recall the last positive thing I heard him say.

I’m enjoying binge listening ‘83 weeks’, but after five episodes I’m worried I’m going to end up never wanting to listen to Eric again. He really does seem to cover his ass well. And the rants are reoccurring... very much.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
Definitely agree with RF Video.

His questions lack depth, which results in relatively short answers with no details attached. Memories of working with such & such is an amateur topic, especially when it often prompts an answer of "I never worked with them", resulting in RF moving on. Terrible preparation and presents him as someone that has no knowledge of the person he's interviewing.

The one specific interview I hated watching/listening to was Brutus Beefcake with Kayfabe Commentaries, largely because it was a never-ending Hogan-suck session. And in the few instances where he wasn't sucking off Hogan, he was painting himself to be a much bigger star than he actually was. Didn't even finish the whole interview because he broke my bullshit meter.
If you're listening to/watching a shoot interview and it doesn't break your BS meter I'd argue that you aren't paying attention. Everyone is full of shit or simply telling their version of events. If you look at them, not as a presentation of facts and more as a pure self-serving anecdotal entertainment most shoots are at least somewhat interesting even if the actual valid insight or information you glean from them is minimal.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Hulk Hogan- A compulsive liar. The only time he tells the truth is when he is on major documentaries like Andre, or Ric Flair's ESPN interview. He was telling the truth then.

Bret Hart- Bitter, and utterly negative and depressing to listen to. His book was good however.

Sting and Lex Luger- So called "Christians" who never ever tell much detail to a story. If Sting is required to actually think on a question he will not answer it. He can be seemingly condescending at Q and A at meet and greets. I simply am not satiated when I feel him speak. Lex Luger dodges every question saying, "I absolutely was never involved in that," over and over. He seemingly cannot remember anything from wrestling, since he has so very few stories. Read his book. It's mostly about his so called "conversion." Only about 40 pages are dedicated to wrestling.
I liked his book. Like Shawn’s or Dibiase’s, it focused on his faith.

·
Registered
935 Posts
If you're listening to/watching a shoot interview and it doesn't break your BS meter I'd argue that you aren't paying attention. Everyone is full of shit or simply telling their version of events. If you look at them, not as a presentation of facts and more as a pure self-serving anecdotal entertainment most shoots are at least somewhat interesting even if the actual valid insight or information you glean from them is minimal.
Exactly. These are all guys who see themselves as "Alpha Males" and along with that comes the nauseating mentality that they're never wrong and if it wasn't for blah blah blah they'd be a 15 time world champion.

They can be informative/entertaining but seriously they're all BS'ing on some level.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
Jim Cornette. Super smart mind for pro wrestling, but I’d freak if I was locked in a broken elevator with him. Goodness those rants of his start and then never stop. Can’t recall the last positive thing I heard him say..
without a doubt. I despise listening to cornette. He is an incredibly bitter and toxic individual who gets angry in a violent way over nothing of real importance. He has gone on rants about stuff that happened over 20 years ago like it happened yesterday.....its like fuck me, why is he so furious about this? he just doesn't stop. It totally ruins his interviews because hes just so negative and vile.

He is one of those people that just seems to rant about everything and never speaks positively on anything. I'm sure hes got a lot of knowledge to distribute but good luck putting up with his rants to get it.

·
Premium Member
14,965 Posts
If you're listening to/watching a shoot interview and it doesn't break your BS meter I'd argue that you aren't paying attention.

And how, exactly, did you come to that conclusion?

Everyone is full of shit or simply telling their version of events. If you look at them, not as a presentation of facts and more as a pure self-serving anecdotal entertainment most shoots are at least somewhat interesting even if the actual valid insight or information you glean from them is minimal.

So, how about you tell me which shoot interview I should hate and why.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
I mean, almost all of them kinda run the same, don't they? Everyone inflates their contributions to the business, no one's ever at fault for anything, and everybody has dirt on everybody else.

I can't even say there are shoot interviews that I really like, knowing that they're all kinda the same in that regard.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts