Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
The writing can be bad but if you're good enough actor you can pull it off. Even edge and john cena have had corny PG lines but they delivered well. Ricochet is really bad um who else dont care much for Teigns or Rollins when it comes to mic skills same goes for Kofi and alot of the roster lol

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Any promo that sounds like rehearsed, scripted crap.

So basically... majority of the roster.
Beat me too it.

Anytime it's obvious the promo was written by a failed soap opera writer that studied under a failed lesbian playwright; edited by McMahon to include a potty joke, an outdated technique, and a dig at the fans; and given to the wrestler five minutes before the show goes live.

So yeah, pretty much the majority of the promos.

·
Registered
86 Posts
As much as I like her as a performer, right now Toni Storm takes the cake. Very awkward and unconvincing, plus those duck lips just get on my nerves.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Man this makes me glad I don't suffer RAW or SD throughout the week. I can't put myself through it.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Charlotte, easily.

She legit sounds like a computer AI reading a script.

She says “overwhelmed” like “over —- WHELMED!” like she had to turn the page, then forgot what word she’s saying, so her intonation starts again at a random pitch.

Vince is tone-deaf, unfortunately.

(Not that I could cut a better promo than her)

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Becky Lynch, never have found what so many people see in her with this "MAN" gimmick, don't think she pulls it off anywhere near as well as people claim. Majority of the time it's very over the top, unnatural and cringe worthy.
I enjoy Becky’s promos, it usually feels like she’s talking on the fly in her own words, like Stone Cold.

Every time I start to think I’m tired of her on top, she wins me back over with those promos.

For me, it’s outstanding psychology. Specifically, her perspective is what sets her promos apart, not necessarily the granular verbiage.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts