Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me:

Bianca Belair - I can't get into her promos or mannerisms. When Charlotte appeared and she and Rhea Ripley were ignoring Bianca, she kept doing these angry faces like "oh hell naw they didn't just say that" and pacing back and forth all mad. I guess a lot of people loved the "you don't even GO HERE!" line; it fell completely flat with me. I have no clue what movie or show that line is from but I don't get the humor in it. Sorry, I know a lot of people like her and I know she's talented but I find her so cringe.

Alistair Black - impressed with his delivery on promos but I'm starting to think none of the stuff he says makes any sense or really goes anywhere. It's just him reciting spooky poems similar to Bray Wyatt's old character in a way. He said two weeks ago in a promo he was going to start coming after people because he's sick of waiting for someone to knock on his door. OK... when?? All we've seen is more jobber matches and more poems.

·
Angry at refs
2,698 Posts
Almost everyone.
Bianca, Charlotte, Aleister Black, New Day, Steph McMahon, Bobby Lashley, Lana, Cedric, Viking Raiders, Carillo, Mahal, Mojo,The Street Profits, R-Truth, Ricochet, Corbin, Reigns, Strowman, Elias, Jeff Hardy, Morrison, Kalisto, Heavy Machinery, Lio Rush, IIconics, Nia Jax,Natalya, Liv Morgan, Bayley, Carmella, Ember Moon, Mandy Rose, Dana Brooke, Corey Graves and Michael Cole.

Edit: I forgot NXT but I cbf

·
Registered
247 Posts
Becky Cringe is the correct answer.

With her fake stuttering and mouth smacking.

Seen a number of behind the scenes interviews with her and she comes across well, sweet girl. Just a case of her wrestling character being the polar opposite of her true character and boy does it show.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,487 Posts
The grammatical error in the thread title makes me cringe.

On topic, there are more than I care to mention. Doing scripted promos is HARD, and 80% of the roster is terrible at it.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
1,915 Posts
Natalya. Totally robotic, not even close to believable or authentic.

Even when she tried to give a promo about the passing of her father, who actually died in real life, it still didn’t sound authentic and she couldn’t get crowd sympathy. That’s pretty bad. Even Roman got crowd support when he was struck with a real life tragedy.

·
Fearless University Graduate
14,967 Posts
Seth Rollins is first to mind. The complete absence of emotion, personality, anything interesting makes his promos even worse than garbage, but WWE insist on having him cut 10 minute promos every week for "the heat".

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Becky Cringe is the correct answer.

With her fake stuttering and mouth smacking.

Seen a number of behind the scenes interviews with her and she comes across well, sweet girl. Just a case of her wrestling character being the polar opposite of her true character and boy does it show.
This times 10. The mouth chomping, looking down her nose "I'm better than you" is cringe as hell. Especially when she's not. You can't stand there and act like that when Lacey is destroying you in a promo, you look stupid. Becky is the most untough, tough guy. She tries so hard to look tough, it's quite humorous. Nobody has bought it, is currently buying it, or will ever buy it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Becky Lynch, never have found what so many people see in her with this "MAN" gimmick, don't think she pulls it off anywhere near as well as people claim. Majority of the time it's very over the top, unnatural and cringe worthy.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts