Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who (WWE, TNA, whatever) have you put in special effort to follow throughout their career? By that I don't mean people who have (for example) only started enjoying The Miz's work over the past two years, but either A.) guys who you have watched from day 1 and always favoured, maybe you usually skip through Raw and watch only their match. Or B.) Guys who you have enjoyed for all the time you have known them, say you loved RVD when you first started watching WWE, then you went back to watch old ECW DVD's, tapes, matches, followed him to TNA etc.

For me I've always followed CM Punk. I always try and catch his matches even when I fast forward through Raw. I bought his "Best of" DVD today and am cracking through as we speak, seen all his old matches, Youtube promo's, OVW etc. I've been straight edge for about three years though so maybe that has something to do with it, but I enjoy his mic and ring work so I always try and make time for Punk.

Also probably John Cena. I still vividly remember his debut and following months, all the rapper gimmick, even a lot of his Youtube OVW stuff as The Prototype. I'm 20 so he's a lot fresher in my memory than say, Rock and Austin who finished when I was around 12. So yeah, I suppose I've kinda' been here for the whole ride.

I've also got a real soft spot for Taker too. He's got that relation to Survivor Series which is my favourite PPV and the same month as my birthday. He was one of the big hooks for me when I started watching.

So yeah, who have you been "following", in a non-restraining order sense?

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Kane would defo be one for me, Victoria back to her DSW days, Katie Lea back when she was Nikita in the indies, Daffney (since WCW). Obvious really :D

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I haven't followed Kane and Undertaker's careers since they debuted, because I first started watching wrestling in 2002, but since then I have watched every episode of RAW and SD!, plus PPV's since 1992.

Anyways, I never skip a Taker or Kane match, I like their styles, and has always been a huge fan of both, mainly Undertaker though.

Edit: Oh yea, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit (Used too), Chris Jericho as well. Though I stopped following Kurt in 2008.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ive pretty much followed the miz since his time on ECW. There was always something about him that caught my attention. I know there is alot of haters out there but people must admit hes come on heaps since the days of being refused entry into the Smackdown arena

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
CM Punk and Bryan Danielson for varying numbers of years. Punk, I started following back when tape trading 7 or 8 years ago and got a compilation of Eddie's indy stuff, including the IWA:MS matches with Punk.

Danielson, I don't remember exactly. Throughout this decade, when it came to independent wrestling, there's no way you could have followed any without being exposed to Dragon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Kane is easily the answer for me.

I didn't watch WWE from 2004 to 2010 but I would still regularly check their website to see how Kane was doing. The moment Kane was crowned WHC I've started watching WWE again :) I'm hanging around now to see how they treat him post-TLC.

Alberto Del Rio is looking really good ATM though and he may well become my next favourite superstar.

·
2,775 Posts
CM Punk, Edge, Christian, Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson and Eddie Guerrero, primarily. Eddie's work especially has always fascinated me.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Edge, Christian, Undertaker, Triple H, Jericho, Michaels, Benoit, Eddie ( For Benoit/Eddie - WCW ECW and WWE only, I don't have fottage of any Jap or Canada stuff).

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
I never skip a kane match. bad blood was one of the first PPVs i ever saw and hes been my favorite ever since.

Kurt angle also. Only reason i ever go to the TNA part of the forums is to see if theres any news on him.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I never skip a kane match. bad blood was one of the first PPVs i ever saw and hes been my favorite ever since.

Kurt angle also. Only reason i ever go to the TNA part of the forums is to see if theres any news on him.
Kane's name has come up 4 times already in this thread and I'm not surprised. He is kinda the cult figure whom many people hate but a small dedicated group is madly passionate about. You either hate Kane and think he is boring or you're madly infatuated with his gimmick and persona.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
- Angle
- Styles
- Joe
- Daniels
- Sting
- Shelley
- Kane
- Aries
- Danielson

And the whole bunch of Japanese guys.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I barely ever watch the shows, but I always make sure to YouTube Melina's matches and segments. Likewise with Cody, but to a lesser extent.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
Kane's name has come up 4 times already in this thread and I'm not surprised. He is kinda the cult figure whom many people hate but a small dedicated group is madly passionate about. You either hate Kane and think he is boring or you're madly infatuated with his gimmick and persona.
And the reason for this cult following? Because people can relate to the troubled childhood that his character claims to have had, this turned him into an absolute monster, and in an extreme way represents the outsider looking in, in the youth culture of today, the same as it was 2 decades ago and has always been. That's why i think I relate to Kane, also the pyros are cool :lmao./

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
11,119 Posts
I've just followed CM Punk since 2002. I never thought he would make it to WWE.

·
Administrator
33,802 Posts
Since you mention Miz I have been a fan since tough enough, my main one would be CM Punk I've followed him since I found out about the indys and probably have the largest collection of his matches available anywhere.

·
Ho!
18,022 Posts
Dolph Ziggler... though I think he was in the spirit squad and was just one in five, and if so at the time he wasn't noticeable, when he debuted as Dolph Ziggler introducing himself to people, and then when he was in that match with Batista 2-3 years, I was hooked. Despite things happening, suspension (or was it an injury?), getting held back (by Rey Mysterio) I still kept my eye on him, and was very happy to see him win the IC Title. He's not strong on the mic (though he's far from terrible), but he has an exciting wrestling style that makes up for it and then some. I'm hoping Dolph wins the world title at most by 2012.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Maybe John Cena. I've followed his career since his debut against Kurt Angle, there was a time i stopped watching wrestling (i forgot in what year it was) so i missed some of his stuff when he was a rapper, but i started watching again in 2006 when Cena was already a main event star and he was the sole reason i started watching regularly again until now.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,268 Posts
I've been following Danielson since I've been watching indy wrestling. I have a ton of his older matches on DVD and he's one of the few reasons that I've been watching WWE recently. I also saw his last ROH match as well as 2 matches that he had after he was released for WWE.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts