Votes: 11 14.5%
  • Jeremy Borash

Votes: 14 18.4%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 4-way dance here guys as all have done some time on commentary during matches, so who's it gonna be?

Taz, Mike Tenay, Jeremy Borash, Don West

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
Don West.

did you guys know RELLIK is killer spelled backwards?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
If Don West winning the votes, than you know there's a problem.

Taz is my choice, out of the four he is the less corny one. Which is why he doesn't gel with Tenay and TNA because you have to be serious goofballs to take the product seriously.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Don West heel or face.

Face Don West made me laugh because of some of the things he said were funny (dunno if they were intentionally), but the passion was clearly there for the company. He explained the danger of matches and didn't have lame jokes.

Heel Don West was just hilarious, but still gave talent their due. Turning up to the job drunk was a highlight of mine. I loved when he would go on about texting The Beautiful People because visually..that's pretty funny. His tone was funny. He'd still tell you the dangers of things. He'd pretty much tell Tenay to shut up because we need to announce the match after he somewhat said something that would obviously wind Tenay up.

This guy is not overrated in the slightest. He made the product ALOT more enjoyable, was a breath of fresh air and was actually entertaining which is something I can't say about the current line up of either Taz and Borash or Taz and Tenay. I will then go on to say Tenay with West is where Tenay's chemistry with someone is at his best.

And to say Taz is not corny is just hilarious. I remember when Hernandez got thrown off the turnbuckle and he said, and I quote "AIR MEXICO!". It was honestly cringe-worthy. I mean, he'll have his moments where he is funny or can be bareable, but there's more times where I can't stand him over the ones I can.

Borash is Borash. He's fine on Xplosion. Don't think I could listen to him for 2 hours, but if I got used to him who knows.

I used to like Taz on Smackdown (this was before I started watching TNA), but now I really don't like the guy as a commentator.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Greatest impact ever :D

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
Don West, No contest...."NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!", his enthusiasm was awesome. Miss him so so so much, Impact isn't the same without Don.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Don West was nothing more than a less corny and more energetic version of Taz. (Taz tries to be like Lawler. It isn't working.) What made West seem so much better was that he was the perfect compliment to Tenay's routine boring commentary. Tenay was the straight man, West was the energetic one. A perfect team. West also could sell an angle like no one else.

I prefer straight commentary, however. West got to the point to where you'd focus on his antics more than the actual match, which annoyed me.

Thus, Tenay for me.

·
8,232 Posts
Does TNA just not understand how terrible their current commentary team is at selling angles? Because it's blatantly obvious to anyone who watches the show. They have no chemistry and sell exciting angles like normal everyday occurrences. Please TNA, put Foley, Raven, D-LO brown, AL Snow, hell Eric Bischoff at the commentary booth. All much better than these two. I already asked Don West at a house show last month, he says he makes way too much at selling merch, which doesn't surprise me at all.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
haha, everyone votes for the colour commentators. The thing is, that role is usually filled by an ex heel wrestler which means they can be filled by just about anyone. The play by play guy is the most important one and Tenay is not bad. I think at times he gets told what to say a lot of the time and thats what hurts him. If they just let him commentate on the fly he would be much better.

·
8,232 Posts
haha, everyone votes for the colour commentators. The thing is, that role is usually filled by an ex heel wrestler which means they can be filled by just about anyone. The play by play guy is the most important one and Tenay is not bad. I think at times he gets told what to say a lot of the time and thats what hurts him. If they just let him commentate on the fly he would be much better.
If they insist on keeping Tenay around, he needs to take Michael Cole style approach and pick up some favorites and what not. It's the only way he'll be even remotely interesting.

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
Mike Tenay. He's a great play-by-play guy. The problem is not Tenay. He's there to play it straight. He just needs the right 'foil'. Taz I believe is not that guy. Unless they turn Taz heel on commentary. Who cares if they already did that with West? More/new fans are watching this time who haven't seen it. Do it again TNA! Divide that booth. Intimidating, non-friendly, heel praising Taz would be cool. But overall back to the question, Tenay is the man, for straight no-nonsense play-by-play.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts