Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With all the comments about "the face of the WWE" this week, I've been thinking about what it takes.

I came up with:
1) good entertainer
2) good worker (in current era, must be able to work frequently)
3) massively over
4) massive draw
5) interesting gimmick(s) and feuds
6) long term appeal

I feel that these people qualify:
Hogan, Taker, Cena

Slightly lower tier:
Rock, Austin, possibly Andre

My question is: who could get over enough and tick all the boxes to get there, with proper booking?

Cesaro and Reigns have potential to go stellar. Personally, I think Bryan's underdog run is becoming uninteresting and may be his peak. CM Punk and Orton are stale to me these days. :/

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I think as of next year the Shield will split and Reigns will turn face, starting the climb to main event level, whether he can be a big star or not remains to be seen but it's really as much down to the writers as it is to the talent sometimes. Bryan is an example, he's really done all he can do to get to the position that he's at but since Summerslam he's been held back by not having real direction, there's still a chance to turn that around but it will have to be something good to make up for a lot of the damage that's been done.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Slate fucking randall

book it

Reactions: Morte

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
None of them have shown me they have the entertainment potential to be a huge star. Now my favorite currently including males is AJ, but the most talented full timer male IMO is CM Punk but he can't draw so he won't be big either.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
So Punk couldn't draw after the summer of Punk was ruined by pointless feuds with Triple H and Kevin Nash, that he was never given the chance to get payback on and he had to play the role of good guy babyface for the rest of the time? If the booking had been better he probably could've done a lot better but he never had the chance, shame really. Like some writers from that time period have said, it felt like Vince was hesitant to pull the trigger. It kind of feels that way with Bryan now too. And then whoever else comes along in the future will probably have the same problems unless something changes. After Money in the Bank 2011 Punk was the hottest thing in the industry but it was never really built on.

·
Doing it for the Rock
530 Posts
With all the comments about "the face of the WWE" this week, I've been thinking about what it takes.

I came up with:
1) good entertainer
3) massively over
4) massive draw
6) long term appeal

Hogan, Taker, Cena

Slightly lower tier:

My question is: who could get over enough and tick all the boxes to get there, with proper booking?

Cesaro and Reigns have potential to go stellar. Personally, I think Bryan's underdog run is becoming uninteresting and may be his peak. CM Punk and Orton are stale to me these days. :/

How are you possibly ranking Austin and Rock below Taker and Cena?!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
^looks like Sheamus cousin.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts

I came up with:
1) good entertainer
3) massively over
4) massive draw
6) long term appeal

Hogan, Taker, Cena

Slightly lower tier:

How dare you say Austin and Rock are lower tier and put that pathetic piece of shit cena above them, that bitch isn't over has no long term or any amount of appeal and can't wrestle

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'd keep an eye on Big E Langston. If he can prove Creative that he's a good talker as he was in NXT, he may have the good fortune of having a match with Lesnar.

·
Registered
505 Posts
So Punk couldn't draw after the summer of Punk was ruined by pointless feuds with Triple H and Kevin Nash, that he was never given the chance to get payback on and he had to play the role of good guy babyface for the rest of the time? If the booking had been better he probably could've done a lot better but he never had the chance, shame really. Like some writers from that time period have said, it felt like Vince was hesitant to pull the trigger. It kind of feels that way with Bryan now too. And then whoever else comes along in the future will probably have the same problems unless something changes. After Money in the Bank 2011 Punk was the hottest thing in the industry but it was never really built on.
I love how punk marks blame everything on the booking, but then turn around An ignore booking the next minute! If it wasn't for booking rock, scsa, hulk hogan All of them would
Have been nothing!!! U give anyone good booking they could be big! I'm going as far as saying if u book zach Ryder properly he could be the next face of the company, the problem isn't the talent it's wwe can't book anything properly!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Dunno about big thing (Langston is a good shout), but I reckon Rhodes is shaping up to be a Angle/Jericho kind of guy. I've always found those type of guys more compelling.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts