Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my honest opinion, I would have to say Slater. He's OBVIOUSLY not main event material just yet, but he's good on the ring, solid on the mic and he has amazing heel looks. I can definitely see him being a main eventer in the future if he continues working hard.

What about you? Who do you think is the most underrated superstar currently in the roster?

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Natalya. Fantastic technical wrestler who makes everyone she works with look 10x better than they are. Great talent, the best women's wrestler the WWE have had for years (and one of the best they've ever had for that matter) and I hope they actually do something with her and let her go out and actually wrestle to the best of her ability one day.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
Yeah, I came in here with the intention of saying Heath Slater myself. Cody Rhodes stands out as well, although at least he's getting props from the fans lately. Slater really does have potential though. It's a shame he's so overlooked. I think he's actually so intrinsically detestable that people assume he's crap, and that's not just hyperbole. It sounds ridiculous, but that's a huge asset in a wrestler.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Curt Hawkins. Great look, great in-ring skills and from what I've heard, which is very little, decent on the mic.
I agree with this. I'm not saing the guy should be in the main event, but Hawkins is much more deserving of a mid card spot than a fair few guys who get televison time. If Zeke can be IC champ, then so can Curt

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
In my honest opinion, I would have to say Slater. He's OBVIOUSLY not main event material just yet, but he's good on the ring, solid on the mic and he has amazing heel looks. I can definitely see him being a main eventer in the future if he continues working hard.

What about you? Who do you think is the most underrated superstar currently in the roster?
I have to agree with you on Slater, his match on Superstars against D-Bry was great. Dude's one helluva heat magnet too.

I also think Tyson Kidd is hugely underrated, he always puts on great matches even against both Sin Caras. He's clearly their go to guy for good matches, the fact they keep putting him against the Sin Caras proves just that. He's pretty good on the mic as well.

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,915 Posts
Nah, I mean your own opinion. Not the general consensus.
I think he means "whose views do you mean, the general view of the IWC, WWE or fans at large?" After all, it would be extremely difficult to mention who you feel you underrate.

I'll go with Wade Barrett for WWE, while Richie Steamboat for IWC. I realise he's still in developmental but that is no excuse!

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Kelly Kelly. Improved drastically in ring and actually has a moveset unlike other generic Divas. People just like to hate on face champions...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think he means "whose views do you mean, the general view of the IWC, WWE or fans at large?" After all, it would be extremely difficult to mention who you feel you underrate.

I'll go with Wade Barrett for WWE, while Richie Steamboat for IWC. I realise he's still in developmental but that is no excuse!
Ah I see. I just mean in general. By the fans, by the WWE and by the IWC. Someone that just isn't given the credit they deserve.

·
Registered
161 Posts
In terms of WWE's perspective? I'd probably say Wade Barrett.

In terms of the "IWC" perspective? John Cena.

Alex Riley.

he is a natural heel & a great talker.
he outshined everyone during his nxt days.

he is a victim of bad booking.

LOL. Alex Riley is fucking terrible. He makes a DECENT heel because ANYONE can. Being an asshole is not hard.

·
Registered
275 Posts

In my opinion, they need to invest in Yoshi Tatsu. He has good matches with everyone, has a fresh style, etc
All he needs is a manager for promos and a new theme song that isn't so ridiculously happy. I still remember his matches with Regal and Shelton Benjamin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERzfLiFtJo0

·
Confortably Numb
6,435 Posts
In WWE = Wade Barret
In IWC = Orton

·
Registered
411 Posts
Tyson Kidd. Seriously, his skills in the ring are mad and when he really wants, he can draw huge amounts of heat. He has the perfect look for his character and can actually talk quite well. He should be among the top mid carders, without doubt.

And of course Wade Barret, not by the IWC but in general, since he is solid main event material. He's got the looks, he's got the skills, he's got the personality and definitely the mic skills. His biggest problem right now is the lack of a gimmick. The only thing that happens is the commentators saying that he's here to make money. Really, they can't do better? How about having him put himself on top of the company as the noble englishman he is since the worthless americans don't deserve it? Anything would be better then wanting to main event to earn money...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts