Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you rank them in terms of their stature as a Hollywood star?

Tom Cruise
Brad Pitt
Leonardo DiCaprio

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Right now it's Dicaprio, but all time it's Tom Cruise by far.

·
Scarring the Night Sky
5,410 Posts
Yeah, like the others have said, it's Leonardo DiCaprio currently but if you look at their whole careers, it's Tom Cruise. I don't think Brad Pitt at any point was number 1 in that list.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
When it comes to current box office potential, Cruise

When it comes to acting ability, Pitt

When it comes to being overrated as fuck, DiCaprio

Reactions: Da Alliance

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,790 Posts
When it comes to current box office potential, Cruise

When it comes to acting ability, Pitt

When it comes to being overrated as fuck, DiCaprio
Couldn't have put it any better @deepeleblues

Di caprio has done one decent film titanic that's it and it set him up for life

Brad Pitt is so underrated as an actor , he can play any part with ease , best film he played in was when he was the assignation of Jesse James that's my favorite Pitt film , he played the part really well, loved the ending when killed himself , had to watch it again as I missed some parts due to my finances yapping on bout nothing particularly lol, like the Mexican to good film.

Only thing about tom cruise is that Scientology crap, decent actor though especially at his age doing the amount of stunts he does as I didn't realize this but read he does most of them bar the really extreme ones due to contractual issues.

Peace y'all

Attachments

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Di caprio has done one decent film titanic that's it and it set him up for life
I know most of the users here loves lowbro entertainment but holy shit this one takes the whole fucking cake with that statement.

·
Premium Member
5,914 Posts
When I'm watching EWS, I like to pretend that I'm Tom Cruise. There's a few things I'd have done differently. For one, I can take a hint better than Cruise. I'd bed the two dames at the start, particularly the alien head. I'd quit medicine and become a double act w/ Field, if he's still above ground. Would come back to see Serbedzija and Sobieski... when she's of age. Wouldn't associate w/ Pollack... he's up to no good.

60,001 Posts
You don't like Top Gun? also MI is a good action franchise. He's done some other good shit too like Rain Man and Minority Report.
Only ones I ever liked were Rain Man and whatever the time repeating one was. I just have zero interest in him. Tried to watch a Jack Reacher film and laughed at the absurdity of him being cast in that role. I've seen parts of Mission Impossible but he bothers me too much. I did like All the Right Moves too, but that was before I realized how much I viscerally dislike him.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Leo is currently the biggest star. Cruise is my favorite. Dude has been in a handful of bad movies tops. He's amazing. Pitt's been under the radar for a while now.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Only ones I ever liked were Rain Man and whatever the time repeating one was. I just have zero interest in him. Tried to watch a Jack Reacher film and laughed at the absurdity of him being cast in that role. I've seen parts of Mission Impossible but he bothers me too much. I did like All the Right Moves too, but that was before I realized how much I viscerally dislike him.
You didn't like Risky Business? I think that's a great flick tbh.

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
You don't like Top Gun? also MI is a good action franchise. He's done some other good shit too like Rain Man and Minority Report.

Ever watch Magnolia? I'd argue that it's Tom Cruise's best performance.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
In 2018 its DiCaprio, followed by Pitt, then Cruise.

Cruise has rebranded himself an action star in the last decade. He's got his MI movies that keep generating steady buck, but then he's got his Jack Reacher films, The Mummy, Oblivion, Edge of Tomorrow. All of those might have broken even, but none of them were runaway blockbusters. I don't think he wants to handle any serious acting at this point in his career. This makes him pretty limited in his niche.

Pitt has been going for more character pieces during that time. Most of his movies might say Brad Pitt next to them, but he chooses to play a lot of them very reserved and not over the top. Given his personal life is so out in the open, it's not a shock he chooses to disappear a little bit into his roles and movies. The World War Z movies are the only ones where he plays pretty typical characters. At any time, he could completely blow the roof off a certain role. It's just a matter of time.

Dicaprio can really go any route. He went completely over the top and insane with The Wolf of Wall Street. He went into mystery/thriller mode with Shutter Island. He went very cerebral and calculated with Inception. He went old and biography route with J Edgar. Then he went full mutilation and suffering with The Revenant. He can essentially do it all at this point. Anything he comes out with will be something different and his name still draws like a fucking artist.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,615 Posts
Leo, closely followed by the other two.

I do agree Pitt is underrated, he's been good in plenty of films.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts