1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Kamala

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I was like "How is Ted DiBiase up there? Dude is straight up tr- OH THAT'S HIS DAD!"

But yeah, Kurt Angle with no regrets.

·
Banned
852 Posts
Dean Malenko closely followed by Chris Benoit.

Edit: Quoting a post of mine in another thread with a list of my favorite Malenko matches.

I've noticed people are doing top 5s, how about your top 5 matches by your favorite in-ring talents, based solely on the ring work? All matches must involve the same wrestler in one form or another.

Dean Malenko -

Vs. Chris Benoit - Spring Stampede 1997 *****

This is far and away my favorite match from both Dean Malenko and Chris Benoit. The tests of strength, the face offs... The brilliant fluidity in sequences that only Malenko can provide and the intensity that you'll only see from Benoit, everything came together perfectly. The ending is weird, but it works in a strange way. Neither Malenko nor Benoit should have beaten the other clean here.

Vs. Chris Benoit - Hog Wild 1996 ****1/2

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz3m3_wcw-chris-benoit-vs-dean-malenko_sport

A real whopper of a match, nearly 30 minutes long. The two greatest in-ring talents in the world putting on a clinic in front of a horrible crowd. I'm basing my star ratings completely off of the in-ring performances though, and not including big match feel or crowd presence. The only real downside to this match is that they started repeating moves near the end.

Vs. Ultimo Dragon - Starrcade 1996 Cruiserweight Title/J Crown Unification Match ****3/4

Great, great match. Easily my favorite WCW cruiserweight division match aside from the Malenko/Benoit matchups. Great counters and a lot more flashy than the Benoit matchups, as somebody of Ultimo Dragon's size is able to twist his body around more.

Vs. Rey Mysterio, Jr. - Halloween Havoc 1996 ****1/4

Awesome match with Mysterio in his prime. The Malenko/Mysterio feud in 1996 put on so many great matches, and this one lives up to the others. Some great high flying from Rey mixed in with technical sequences and awesome power moves from Malenko. Such a great finish to the match as well.

Vs. Eddie Guerrero - ECW 8/26/1995 2 Out of 3 Falls *****

IMO the best 2 out of 3 falls match of all time. Eddie Guerrero had an amazing intensity about him and he was definitely up there with wrestling ability. The back and forths, the energy and the submission/pin sequences are really captivating in this match. The ending was so fitting for their farewell match, and I would put this as Eddie's best in-ring work.

Reactions: RyanPelley

·
Banned
6,530 Posts
I voted for Benoit.
In my opinion he is just the best technical wrestler of all time, no matter what horrible things he has done.

·
Banned
254 Posts
Tiger Mask

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I voted for Dean Malenko only to see William Regal's name in the poll after I clicked 'Vote'.
Both are amazing in the ring anyway.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
It has to be Kurt Angle hes proved in in two different companies as well as winning an Olympic Gold.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
How can it be anyone but Kurt Angle?
He won an olympic gold medal for christs sake!

·
Banned
254 Posts
No Tiger Mask and Misawa but Owen, Flair and DiBiase are there. lol

1 - 20 of 94 Posts