Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First match she was in since forever and she got jobbed out to a Layla forearm. But why? What did she do? Who did she do it to? She's almost never on TV. Gets no mic time ever. She used to be great. Now she's barely on the roster. I don't understand how someone so talented could get depushed so low for so long.

What the hell happened to Gail Kim?

·
Registered
455 Posts
The same thing that has pretty much happened to the rest of the womens locker room, the "divas" division is nothing more than a joke.That match on raw clocked in at less than 2 mins.Why did they even bother?personal opinions aside, i miss the days of Lita/Trish matches.The only thing close I've seen was the whole mickie james/beth phoenix set from last year.(was it last year? maybe two years ago..idk).WWE obviously doesnt give a damn about said division, or theyd be having Nattie and gail kim putting on clinical, high energy matches rather than giving us laycool and melina hair-pulling.
My one and only hope is that this set with Nattie is leading to her and Beth going head to head.THAT may actually be worth watching.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
... she went to TNA ... ?

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Heh, i don't know, perhaps it's due to her age, or because she's not getting any crowds reaction whatsoever since her return to WWE, though i can't completely blame her because WWE never give her a chance to speak to show her personality, therefore the audience doesn't have a reason to care about her. Well, your in-ring skill can only get you so far...

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I think she ceased caring a long time ago, so it's no surprise nobody--including creative--cares about her.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Because Batista is no longer there telling mangement who to puSH and not to push after one of the divas game him teh sex. Pretty sure he's banged about every diva on the current roster besides Beth & Nattie

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
She's just there to get a paycheck. TNA didn't pay her well so she left them. WWE pays her well, but doesn't take wrestling serious.

Her options were to stay in TNA making less money and being more physical and risking injuries or getting a bigger paycheck to strut around as a diva. She had several months where she didn't wrestle at all and just worked with the Bella Twins playing the weekly guest hosts arm candy whore of the day.

Then when they did let her wrestle she was so rusty in the ring that she did those terrible botches with the Micky James match that they will probably never take a chance on her again.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
They never had any interest in using her and just wanted to take her away from TNA.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Does she really botch more than any other diva? It's clear that WWE sees divas as little more than eye candy, which makes me wonder why they bother with women's wrestling at all. Mostly, they're terrible wrestlers.

I suspect that if Gail, who can wrestle, cared enough about the role WWE gives her, she'd produce better performances. But there's little point in her doing so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts