Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time for him to add some seriousness and depth to his character.

Hopefully, this is where his tag reign with R-Truth is heading.

---

I could see him working out great as one of the following:

Superstar — Sees himself as larger than life, a celebrity, as Joakim Noah would say, "Hollywood as hell." Something of a cross between Batista's gimmick before he left and MVP's original gimmick.

Crime Lord — What I'm envisioning is something like Don Cheadle's character in After the Sunset. I know when I say something like "Jamaican drug lord," people think "Oh ya, mon. Smoke that ganj." But I'm thinking more along the line of a criminal from "stab you" Jamica. A serious, cutthroat ruthless type.

I could see both of these gimmicks potentially elevating him to the upper midcard for the long term.

---

What do you all think? Less about the gimmicks I've suggested, but more about whether or not you think he should/will turn heel in the near future. Thoughts?

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
I don't see what turning heel would do for him.
He hasn't even had time to talk on the mic while a face, so becoming heel isn't going to do much.
He just needs mic time, he proved it back in '09 that when given the chance, he isn't bad on the mic.
WWE is filled with too many heels at the moment, and I'm still confused as to why they haven't pushed Kofi.
It's so annoying.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry, but I think Kofi needs more character and charisma. Maybe with him winning the Tag Belts with R Truth (someone with more personality than Bourne can help that out.) but I just see Kofi really struggling in promo's and segments on WWE's Youtube Channel.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
He's pretty athletic and exciting to watch in the ring so I don't mind him as far as in ring ability goes. The thing I do mind is his lack of personality. WWE hasn't gave him the best opportunitys in the world but I don't believe Kofi has had the natural charisma to stick out and define who the fuck he is. Starting out with some type of Bob Marley gimmick and now he's just an averge black guy who can jump in the air. I'm not sure if turning him heel would do anything for him or the company but it would at least show me they are trying. They don't even seem to be trying to do anything with him in terms of defining who he is and allowing him to gain momentum. Perhaps give him that push as a heel because I've never really seen him as a heel so he could be a natural but it's still going to just come down to putting him in a storyline even if he remains babyface.

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
One guy showed me a heel Kofi promo in Chaotic Wrestling and I was interested in seeing him play that role in WWE. The Kofi in that video had great potential as a heel and would be a nice fixture in the main event scene in WWE.

Could we possibly have a Kofi heel turn when he and R-Truth lose the tag titles? Maybe have Kofi go on a rant about how he's been held back and played second fiddle to a guy who talks to an imaginary friend?

·
Registered
412 Posts
If he ever turns heel he should use this theme...

Reactions: RetepAdam.

·
Shooting the birds down from the trees
4,506 Posts
I dont think turning kofi heel will do anybody any favours.
No point making him into something he's not, with R-truth as his partner in the tag team he can mostly be behind the scenes and R-Truth can do the talking for both of them. As far as singles action is concerned no point making him something he's not, it is possible for someone to survive purely on in ring talent, Chris Benoit is a good example.
Kofi is great to watch in the ring and he does get the crowd excited.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The only thing close to a turn he does is when he makes me turn the TV off

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's pretty athletic and exciting to watch in the ring so I don't mind him as far as in ring ability goes. The thing I do mind is his lack of personality. WWE hasn't gave him the best opportunitys in the world but I don't believe Kofi has had the natural charisma to stick out and define who the fuck he is. Starting out with some type of Bob Marley gimmick and now he's just an averge black guy who can jump in the air. I'm not sure if turning him heel would do anything for him or the company but it would at least show me they are trying. They don't even seem to be trying to do anything with him in terms of defining who he is and allowing him to gain momentum. Perhaps give him that push as a heel because I've never really seen him as a heel so he could be a natural but it's still going to just come down to putting him in a storyline even if he remains babyface.
This.

They tend to let heels run with their character a little more than they do faces, so at the very least, a turn would give him an opportunity to show any skills we haven't been able to see so far.

He's got a really strong presence, and his mic skills aren't particularly bad. If he tweaked his move set, he could definitely pull it off well.

Watch that fake heel Kofi theme video with a dubbed up "Welcome To Jamrock" that arcsinga posted... Just try to picture him as a bad guy.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I don't want to see Kingston turn heel , he is the only face that I am buying as a genuine good guy, the guy is extremely likable ,IMO. What he needs is a genuine push to the upper mid-card .

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,386 Posts
No he needs to be pushed to the main event as a face we need a main event face

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
I dislike quick fix answers. He's an amazing babyface, I'd prefer adding depth without changing the overall character. That's strikes me as being the more difficult but rewarding route.
However, a heel turn could have potential too, but feels like a waste of the aspects of Kofi that do work.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Not me. He's a very good face, he can entertain the crowd with his energy and his amazing athleticism. He's been in the wwe for 4 years now and the crowd love him despite his lack of luck. The push of his life was aborted without any logical reason, he was supposed to save the tag team division alongside Bourne, but Bourne got suspended then injured.
Turning him heel won't do anything for his carreer or maybe a shot for the WWE title (like Truth last year). But we won't see Kofi wwe champion as a heel in this company!

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Has Kofi ever been a heel in his entire WWE career??? as I dont think he has. He so needs a heel turn to freshen him up

1 - 20 of 33 Posts