Wrestling Forum banner

Who's not ordering WrestleMania?

3198 Views 53 Replies 47 Participants Last post by  dannymahon
I personally will be ordering the PPV just like like year, and I know most of us will too.

So who from the few aren't ordering Wrestlemania? Why though? It's WRESLTLEMANIA!
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Banned
353 Posts
I agree with you, I can't miss WM, and I can't stream it online because:

a) I don't think it's fair to the WWE to illegally watch their product and
b) Streaming usually freezes up + the bad quality, even if my TV lacks HD :p

· Premium Member
24,105 Posts
It's hard for me to say. I've been completely against ordering wrestling PPVs since WM24 so almost 3 years now. I can easily just download it after the show ends too. However, I have some anticipation for the show this year. It would be just as easy to hit the buy button. So the question is.. is the PPV really worth $60? And as much as I wanna see it.. I think I can wait a few hours and download it.

Won't bother streaming it. I'd rather just watch it all at once in good quality than watch some shitty quality stream and scramble for a new one when that one gets shut down etc.

WWE made enough dough off me when I was a kid. Now it's time for them to take money from future generations. If Vince has a problem with this he can personally call me and I will consider ordering the PPV.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
We only buy one pay-per-view per year: WrestleMania. The rest I download afterwards.

· P.O.P., hold it down
23,119 Posts
I agree with you, I can't miss WM, and I can't stream it online because:

a) I don't think it's fair to the WWE to illegally watch their product and
b) Streaming usually freezes up + the bad quality, even if my TV lacks HD :p
Yeah that's why I stopped watching streams.

I looked it as: "I wouldn't want someone to illegally watch my product so why do it others." The last time I watched a streamed PPV was TLC 2009.

· Premium Member
24,105 Posts
Yeah that's why I stopped watching streams.

I looked it as: "I wouldn't want someone to illegally watch my product so why do it others." The last time I watched a streamed PPV was TLC 2009.
See I look it at it as... Vince McMahon is a billionaire capitalist. He's always out to gain. I seriously doubt he would pay his wrestlers anymore money if he got more PPV buys. So if I take $60 from his multi million dollar profits I really doubt it matters. He'd just increase profits for his loyal shareholders. Or expand WWE TV to Antarctica or something stupid.

Maybe if the PPVs were more reasonably priced it'd be a different story. I pay for WWE Classics on Demand every month because I feel that is reasonably priced. PPVs? Not so much.

· P.O.P., hold it down
23,119 Posts
See I look it at it as... Vince McMahon is a billionaire capitalist. He's always out to gain. I seriously doubt he would pay his wrestlers anymore money if he got more PPV buys. So if I take $60 from his multi million dollar profits I really doubt it matters. He'd just increase profits for his loyal shareholders. Or expand WWE TV to Antarctica or something stupid.

Maybe if the PPVs were more reasonably priced it'd be a different story. I pay for WWE Classics on Demand every month because I feel that is reasonably priced. PPVs? Not so much.
I get what you're saying too.

PPV's are $45 though except for WrestleMania not $60.

· Premium Member
24,105 Posts
yeah ik. i was talking about WM when i said $60.

the way i look at it is, i hadn't bought the PPVs since WM24 because i felt i got cheated out of my $$ with that one. i didn't download them either until this year. either way i'm not gonna order their ppv. whether i download it or not. the ability to download it isn't what is stopping me from buying it, it's the unreasonable price.

besides they come on WWE Classics which i pay for like 3-4 months later anyway. so what difference does it make if i watch it now or wait 3-4 months? i'm still paying for that.

· Registered
4,666 Posts
I sure as hell am not buying Wrestlemania. I may go to a local restaurant or there is an event that's happening around here where you pay like 20 dollars and there's a wrestling event before Wrestlemania.

And the reason why? Are you kidding? Boring as hell. The only thing I am remotely interested in is The Rock. If Triple H puts his career on the line, I'll be excited about that but if not I don't care about that match.

royal Rumble is a guaranteed buy every year. For me, Royal Rumble is my Wrestlemania. Cause after Royal Rumble, it's all downhill from there, as it has been for the last 2 or 3 years.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
this is the first time in probably my wrestling watching history that i'm only ordering it out of tradition. i can't just not order it. but i'm not excited for it whatsoever. terrible build-up for the most part, and a lot of the matches just don't interest me.

· Registered
3,204 Posts
I'm on the fence about it really. Will probably order the day of the show if I decide to. I think the standard def feed is only like $54.95 but may order through WWE.com so I can watch it the next day while I download it off the torrents. If something comes up though, I'll just watch the show once it comes down off a torrent.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.