Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on the board to see what was everyone's thoughts on this question but didn't find anything recent especially with the new developments that's been happening on RAW.

So who's the number 2 face of the company?

Right now, Cena & Brock are duking it out for number 1. However, does this exclude Brock as #2? or is it too early to tell?

Punk started high but has been slipping off. He still gets chants and still draws (IMHO).

I can't see Orton as #2 anymore but who knows?

However, Daniel Bryan has been stealing the spotlight. "YES!" chants or taking over. If he's not #2, I feel he could very well be in the future if he's kept in the main event.

On another "however" note, Sheamus is over and good with the PG audience.

So here are my potentials/picks, feel free to add your own:
Brock
Punk
DB
Sheamus
Orton

·
Stealing the Show
7,428 Posts
how does Brock become face #2? Despite crowd reactions, Cena is the face in this (and every) feud. I'm not defending this booking decision, but it's the truth.

Punk/Cena are probably neck and neck when it comes to who the #1 is. Brock shouldnt be in the "face" discussion until he turns that way.

·
Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,350 Posts
#1. Cena
#2. Punk

Brock is much like The Rock in that he's more of a special attraction, albeit one who will be around more often. If I really had to implement Brock i would consider him #1B to Cena's #1A. The answer to this thread is quite clearly CM Punk since Brock isn't going to be around a year from now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Despite crowd reactions, Cena is the face in this (and every) feud. I'm not defending this booking decision, but it's the truth.
of course, i'm not doubting or arguing that. Cena is #1. i'm curious as to who's #2. I only consider Brock as #2 since he's in the ME going after Cena for the #1 spot.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
For me Brock is not a face at all. he had the classic amazing return reaction, he had the classic good reaction for whoever faces cena, but he's clearly a heel. Punk is n°2 in terms of powerstar, but in terms of fan reaction he is the number one face of the company. Orton and Sheamus are #3 and #4 but i can't decide the order!

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts
Well, John Laurinaitis says Brock Lesnar is the next face of the company. In fact, the basis of this feud is that Laurinaitis is attempting to replace Cena with Lesnar. 'Course, kayfabe-speaking, Laurinaitis loathes Punk and will never consider him a possibility for the "face of the company." Um, anyway, I think Punk still edges Lesnar out for the simple reason that Punk's the guy carrying the banner and the literally the championship for the company at every live event, all the house shows, etceteras. That's a major area of WWE's business. Obviously, though, Lesnar is all about pay-per-view and we'll see how he performs with that in the coming weeks and months.

·
-
7,495 Posts
1)Cena.
2)Punk.
3)Sheamus.
4)Orton.
5)Bryan.

Bryan will take the 4th spot soon and Orton will continute to fall further and further.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
1)Cena.
2)Punk.
3)Sheamus.
4)Orton.
5)Bryan.

Bryan will take the 4th spot soon and Orton will continute to fall further and further.
Orton is bigger than Sheamus or arguably Punk
Put Orton on Raw,Punk will have a problem

It's just me I think,I see Orton as a star but when I see Punk,he is not convincing as champion

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

It's just me I think,I see Orton as a star but when I see Punk,he is not convincing as champion
Is that why SD!'s ratings where at their lowest when Orton was champion? What where they at, like 1.9?

Fact is, Orton's been in midcard matches on every Wrestlemania ever since 25.

WWE are building Sheamus to be the next top face on Smackdown.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts

Punk took Orton's old no. 2 spot months ago. Frankly, for a guy who's not even a full year into being legitimately pushed as a top star, it's kind of scary how far he's already passed Orton.

Guaranteed, the program WWE would be looking forward to down the road if/when Cena is finally a heel is against Punk, not against Orton. Cena/Orton is something they'll doubtless run again at some point, but Cena/Punk is the much hotter hand if you catch my drift. Sometimes it's down to chemistry and just the right timing. Cena and Punk as a program was hotter last summer than any incarnation of Orton/Cena.

Seriously, though. Punk, Bryan, Sheamus and Miz have all either surpassed Orton already (Punk) or are on the road to doing so, with more on the way. Orton's going to end up back where he was circa 2006/2007, as about the #6 star at best. He only reached the coveted #2 spot because from the spring of 2010 until the second half of 2011, WWE had almost zero star power.

·
Banned
390 Posts
Orton needs a long break. When he returns he will be over as hell and if WWE can capitalize on such momentum and put him in proper ME feuds, Orton would easily reclaim his No.2 spot.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well Cena is of course #1.

I would say Punk is #2.

Brock is straight in at #3 since he just came back after many years.

Bryan will be at #4 soon enough with all this crowd support!

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Punk took Orton's old no. 2 spot months ago. Frankly, for a guy who's not even a full year into being legitimately pushed as a top star, it's kind of scary how far he's already passed Orton.

Guaranteed, the program WWE would be looking forward to down the road if/when Cena is finally a heel is against Punk, not against Orton. Cena/Orton is something they'll doubtless run again at some point, but Cena/Punk is the much hotter hand if you catch my drift. Sometimes it's down to chemistry and just the right timing. Cena and Punk as a program was hotter last summer than any incarnation of Orton/Cena.

Seriously, though. Punk, Bryan, Sheamus and Miz have all either surpassed Orton already (Punk) or are on the road to doing so, with more on the way. Orton's going to end up back where he was circa 2006/2007, as about the #6 star at best. He only reached the coveted #2 spot because from the spring of 2010 until the second half of 2011, WWE had almost zero star power.
Orton's probably the first person to really visibly suffer from being pushed at a young age. When you're the youngest champ ever or whatever, that just means your inevitable slide downwards starts that much sooner, and will probably go on for an uncomfortable length of time.

·
Registered
132 Posts

I doubt that Orton was become irrelvant like he was starting too the last time he was on the Raw brand. I forget Orton was the WWE champ for god sake and if it wasn't for his program with Nexus at Maina he would have been totally irrelevant. The WWE has been fully behind Orton since his debut and WWE are still not even fully behind Punk so of course Orton may seem like a bigger star but thats just because he has been forced down our throats for so long and until recently it was at the same level as how much they shove Cena down our throats.

·
Banned
679 Posts
1. drew mcintyre
2. john cena
3. randy orton
4. brock lesner
5. kane
86. cm punk

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
#1. Cena
#2. Punk

Brock is much like The Rock in that he's more of a special attraction, albeit one who will be around more often. If I really had to implement Brock i would consider him #1B to Cena's #1A. The answer to this thread is quite clearly CM Punk since Brock isn't going to be around a year from now.
This would be my answer as well. I would not count Brock into this (unless at some point he signs on for more than a year) and also Brock is a heel to me.

So my list goes

#1 Cena
#2 Punk
#3 Orton (who is now starting to see Sheamus and BRyan in his rearview mirror)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts