Wrestling Forum banner

Who is more Janeatty?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both Matt Hardy and Christian and have seen their tag partner go onto far bigger and better things than they did. My question to you, who has been more overshadowed by their more successful tag partner?

The answer for me is Matt Hardy. Even if you don't count TNA titles, Christian has managed to stay relevant and approach contender status. Matt Hardy on the other hand, spent the majority of his singles career as jobber to the midcard stars.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Matt Hardy he sucks and will never amount to anything in the wrestling business.

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Christian is over and single handled carried entire program on his back for a year and a half

matt........is matt

·
Registered
919 Posts
Neither. Both have had much more success than Jannetty

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
Matt of course, but just a question. Is the thread title for the lawlz towards how random person spelt Jannetty?

·
Registered
813 Posts
You know who's exactly like Marty Jannetty? Marty Jannetty. That's it. People should really stop trying to compare every tag team in history to the Rockers.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
You know who's more of a Jannetty than Jannetty? Jim Neidhart! I mean at least Jannetty had some singles success(if we can call it that) and left a lasting impact on the industry albeit in a sort of negative way.

Anyway, both Christian and Matt's careers have, in the words of Matt; "Paralleled each others", both have won every title there is to win(though both men are missing the US and IC Championships respectively) and have long persevered to capture a World Championship so in terms of success, they're pretty much the same but in terms of talent, Christian is better than Matt in every possible way.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
You know what? I'm going to say neither.

Following the feud with Michaels, I think most of us could tell that Marty wasn't going to go much farther than he was at that point. But Matt & Christian? WWE had multiple opportunities to really make something out of them. Christian was MAD OVER AS FUCK in 2005 and they did nothing about it. I remember when they jobbed him out to Flair and thinking "What the fuck are they doing? He should be destroying Flair!" and he became a victim of WWE not believing in him to succeed rather than behavioral problems or just not being anything special, like Marty. Matt? When the whole Edge/Lita thing went down, he become the biggest babyface in the world by default. All fans wanted him to get revenge in real life, so naturally, they made a storyline out of it. The storyline SHOULD have resulted in BOTH Edge & Hardy becoming main event stars. I had all these ideas of turning Matt into a WCW 97 Sting like character, and I think he even thought it needed to go that route with him being "The Angelic Diablo" on the Indys. That match SHOULD have been a Wrestlemania match, but they F'd it up, rushed it, and basically used the feud as a way to get only Edge to the main event rather than both of them. And then you look a few years earlier, Mattitude V.1 was really over and people seemed to be digging it, but they never even tried to raise it above the level that it was.

So while I never saw Marty as a potential main event star, I thought Christian & Matt definitely had their opportunities that the WWE just didn't capitalize on. Christian had all the gifts: Athleticism, a wizard on the stick, charisma, personality, unique style all his own. He proved to me that he could carry a main event in TNA. He was very good over there, and Matt, as an in ring talent, was better than his brother. Did he have the same charisma? No, but he had the skills to make it work.

Neither one is really a "Marty" in my eyes, but rather missed opportunities.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
You know who's more of a Jannetty than Jannetty? Jim Neidhart! I mean at least Jannetty had some singles success(if we can call it that) and left a lasting impact on the industry albeit in a sort of negative way.

Anyway, both Christian and Matt's careers have, in the words of Matt; "Paralleled each others", both have won every title there is to win(though both men are missing the US and IC Championships respectively) and have long persevered to capture a World Championship so in terms of success, they're pretty much the same but in terms of talent, Christian is better than Matt in every possible way.
All of this is correct.

Even for as much as I hate Matt Hardy, he's not Jannetty because he was over as hell. And Christian is definitely no Jannetty because he's accomplished as much as any midcard wrestler in history. The biggest thing both guys have going for them is that there have been periods in their career you could have made a major argument for both guys getting main event pushes (Christian in '05, Matt in '06).

I'll easily vote for Matt here because Christian totally destroys him in all facets - well, except being fat and annoying - but neither is a Jannetty. They both have had fine careers.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Lol at your spelling skills.

Matt Hardy is more talented than his partner in every way, as is Christian. Matt Hardy. :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
I never understood why Side got the major push rather than Christian when they broke up, for me Christian beats him in every department, the only thing that Side has over Christian is that he is a bit taller, thats it.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Who's been more overshadowed by their more successful tag partner? Matt. It's not even close. The ONLY reason anybody cares about Matt is because he's Jeff's brother. That's his sole claim to fame, he's Jeff's brother. Who else in WWE has been so useless that they've been fired TWICE?

It's utterly sad that Christian can't get a major push, but at least he's his own man. Edge doesn't define his existence like Jeff does with Matt.

·
Registered
655 Posts
It sucks that people compare broken tag teams to the rockers. I mean what other former tag wrestler has made the same impact that HBK did, not just on the WWE but the entire wrestling community. Some guys have gone on to win the top championship but none have stood out as much as the heartbreak kid.

Anyway I went with Christian. It was hard for me to seperate Hardy and Christian because they have both had pretty evenly matched careers so I thought about who's 'big' push most impressed me and it turns out I rathered Hardy's push back in '06. Neither are as good as their former partners though.

·
Registered
942 Posts
It sucks that people compare broken tag teams to the rockers. I mean what other former tag wrestler has made the same impact that HBK did, not just on the WWE but the entire wrestling community. Some guys have gone on to win the top championship but none have stood out as much as the heartbreak kid.

Anyway I went with Christian. It was hard for me to seperate Hardy and Christian because they have both had pretty evenly matched careers so I thought about who's 'big' push most impressed me and it turns out I rathered Hardy's push back in '06. Neither are as good as their former partners though.
You've gotta be kidding me.

Christian is just as good as Edge and Matt is WAY better than Jeff.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts

Apart from charisma and having a more marketable image, Matt's way better than Jeff, WAAAAY better.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Christian

If Matt Hardy didn't get really fat and throw his career down the toliet over the years of Jeff outshining him, he would be in the same position as Christian. Not a world heavyweight champion but someone who is viewed as long overdue. Christian is lucky the WWE thinks there might be some money in a grandiose E&C return moment, or else he would still be in TNA/retired/or jobber.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts