Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Do they have Krusty's Partially Gelatinated, Non-D
2,584 Posts
Charisma would be The Rock. Hogan had immense charisma himself tho.

their match at Wrestlemania 18 is a prime example of this. Without doing much, they had the crowd in the palm of their hands. even more impressive considering they had to improvise on the fly.

·
it's a tarp!
5,566 Posts
Charisma: The Rock by knockout.

Hulk Hogan had the look, he was a fantastic big match promo he made every match seem like an event, and his strongman routine was second to none.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,412 Posts
I mean in terms of stardom in wrestling it's Hogan by a landslide.

But in terms of actual charisma it's Rock.

·
The Babyface of WF
13,636 Posts
The Rock has a special kind of Charisma it's unteachable in anything he does he just draws your attention regardless not just in wrestling but anywhere.

Hogan to me only had that within the wrestling business in character but I don't see it outside of the business as much, That presence doesn't resonate with me when he's not performing on tv.

·
Premium Member
44,298 Posts
The Rock.

Hogan has this weird likability to him in the world of wrestling that almost can't be described. He's almost like to wrestling what Santa Claus is to Christmas.

But The Rock has more of a universal appeal where he's likable no matter what you put him in.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
If we are talking Terry Bollea vs Dwayne Johnson then Dwayne Johnson is the clear winner.

If we are talking Hulk Hogan vs The Rock in the wrestling world then Hogan just about shades it.

That's the reason why the fans choose Hogan over Rock at WM 18 and why Hogan could be on top for so long as a face and people still lap it up. Rock could never have been on top for that long without having to turn heel.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It’s The Rock, he owned the attention of any screen time he had
Though this isn’t taking anything away from Hogan, it’s just that The Rock was and still is someone whose vibe dominates in any setting

If we are talking Terry Bollea vs Dwayne Johnson then Dwayne Johnson is the clear winner.

If we are talking Hulk Hogan vs The Rock in the wrestling world then Hogan just about shades it.

That's the reason why the fans choose Hogan over Rock at WM 18 and why Hogan could be on top for so long as a face and people still lap it up. Rock could never have been on top for that long without having to turn heel.
Not the nostalgia factor?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
It’s The Rock, he owned the attention of any screen time he had
Though this isn’t taking anything away from Hogan, it’s just that The Rock was and still is someone whose vibe dominates in any setting

Not the nostalgia factor?
I don't think so. Rock was getting a few mixed reaction in 2001/02 against RVD, Chris Jericho and Lesnar

We are talking fine margins though. Both are 10/10 in charisma. I just think for the little Hogan does, the reaction he gets is incredible.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you put Hogan in the positions Rock was in, his charisma would have wilted IMO. I'd go with Rock overall, but Hogan in a wrestling match.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Charisma =\= popularity guys

Charisma is the level of confidence you have when walking in a room, it’s how you dominate any setting you’re in. It’s how you show you’re confident without even acknowledging it or thinking about it. Letting you’re own natural vibe control the situation without showing weakness or any sign of putting an act.
Let’s be real here who in their prime looked comfortable playing the role, Rock or Hogan? Hogan while charismatic af, had times where his insecurities show on camera or when he was putting an act (I know it’s all an act but you can see when it’s forced). There are instances when Hogan, while over as fuck, looked like he was trying too hard

Rock was a different animal, the guy was wired by not giving a shit as long as he’s successful. It’s why he didn’t mind losing on tv, it wasn’t just because he “was not selfish and puts over young talent”, that could be true but it’s mostly because he knew he was bulletproof and on a whole other league than everybody else that he could just brush it off like it’s nothing the very next day. It’s why I don’t get people saying Rock doesn’t have an ego just because he lost to a lot of new guys, of course he does. Just because it’s a healthy ego doesn’t mean it’s not big, but he’s alpha enough to not let it control him. There’s a reason this guy could have the crowd chant his name just by lowering his microphone slowly amid a promo, because he knew he can.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Charisma =\= popularity guys

Charisma is the level of confidence you have when walking in a room, it’s how you dominate any setting you’re in. It’s how you show you’re confident without even acknowledging it or thinking about it. Letting you’re own natural vibe control the situation without showing weakness or any sign of putting an act.
Let’s be real here who in their prime looked comfortable playing the role, Rock or Hogan? Hogan while charismatic af, had times where his insecurities show on camera or when he was putting an act (I know it’s all an act but you can see when it’s forced). There are instances when Hogan, while over as fuck, looked like he was trying too hard

Rock was a different animal, the guy was wired by not giving a shit as long as he’s successful. It’s why he didn’t mind losing on tv, it wasn’t just because he “was not selfish and puts over young talent”, that could be true but it’s mostly because he knew he was bulletproof and on a whole other league than everybody else that he could just brush it off like it’s nothing the very next day. It’s why I don’t get people saying Rock doesn’t have an ego just because he lost to a lot of new guys, of course he does. Just because it’s a healthy ego doesn’t mean it’s not big, but he’s alpha enough to not let it control him. There’s a reason this guy could have the crowd chant his name just by lowering his microphone slowly amid a promo, because he knew he can.
If charisma equals popularity like you said at the start then Hogan wins no question.

At least in the WWE world Hulk Hogan was more popular than The Rock. No doubts.

Also I think you put too much emphasis on cool. Charisma is people caring about you, showing weakness and vulnerability is what made Hogan the most beloved character in the history of wrestling. That's charisma, people were emotionally attached to him.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts