Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not asking who has defeated the biggest names, but who overall faced the most wrestlers who would appear in a top 30 biggest star list.

Of the top of my head it'd have to be Hogan and that makes sense when he is the star and all others strived for a match with him.

Hogan faced...

Rock
Flair
Andre
Hart
Sting
Undertaker
HHH
HBK
Savage
Goldberg
Lesnar
Warrior
Angle
Piper
Nash
Orton

Only Austin is missing for known reasons. But if it weren't for Hogans late WWE run it might be the Rock with the more impressive match resume.

What about big star match run? If the rock took a break between ss02 and nwo03 then he faced Lesnar, Hogan, Austin, Goldberg in that order in 4 consecutive ppv's - impressive and won't ever be beaten.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's interesting that everyone seems to have a genuine top 5/10 wrestler missing form their match resume - no one has the complete resume despite quite a few having the ability to achieve it.

Austin - Hogan are the blight on each others

Rock and Hart never faced each other

Rock and HBK the same

Dark matches are obviously not included.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Out of the wrestlers you listed I think it might be Nash. All those who you listed had a lot of matches with top stars, Nash faced all the top WWF stars before heading to WCW to eventually form the nWo which lead to him rolling through pretty much all the talent there. He also battle most all those in his earlier days with WCW as well. Not saying he is the best guy ever, just saying he got the matches he wanted more times than not. Helps when you get your way for the better part of 4 years during a time that saw a heavily populated rosters for both major brands.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry wasn't listing those wrestlers as possible candidates - they are all wrestlers hogan faced on ppv who in their own right would be a top 30 wrestling star of all time.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nash's big omissions would be Austin and Rock.

Has to be a one on one match, tag team doesn't count.

Oh and facing stunning steve or flex kavana is not the same as facing 3:16 or the rock.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Shawn Michaels has faced off and feuded with nearly everyone.

HHH, Hogan, Foley, Mysterio, Hardy, Cena, Austin, Taker, Orton, Batista, Edge, Jericho, Flair, Nash, Razor Ramone and so on.

The only big name I can think of that he hasn't had a match with would be The Rock.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Undertaker?

Aside from Goldberg, I think he has everyone covered.

Shawn Michaels has faced off and feuded with nearly everyone.

HHH, Hogan, Foley, Mysterio, Hardy, Cena, Austin, Taker, Orton, Batista, Edge, Jericho, Flair, Nash, Razor Ramone and so on.

The only big name I can think of that he hasn't had a match with would be The Rock.
Lesnar, Warrior, and Eddie Guerrero.

Did HBK have a 1 on 1 match with Goldberg.

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Andre is a stretch since both were around in different time periods and Sting and Taker have never wrestled for the same promotion at the same time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Be that as it may, it's still reality and it works like that for all wrestlers. They are 2 top 20 wrestlers that taker has never faced that others have. Just refuting the claim he's faced EVERYBODY.

Where one wrestler has crosses another has ticks and vice versa.

But yes Taker possibly has the most ticks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Kurt Angle is another good one.

He's fought most of the WWE stars, along with Sting in TNA.

The only mega-stars missing are Goldberg, Bret Hart, Warrior, and Andre.

Oh, and Hogan never fought Chris Benoit, John Cena, and Eddie Guerrero 1 on 1.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Ric 'fucking' Flair wrestled EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE. I mean with a career from 1980 to 2010, he's wrestled everyone atleast once, and chances are got a goddamn 5 star match out of them.

WOOOOOOOOOO!

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Ric 'fucking' Flair wrestled EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE. I mean with a career from 1980 to 2010, he's wrestled everyone atleast once, and chances are got a goddamn 5 star match out of them.

WOOOOOOOOOO!
Yeah I'm gonna go with Ric Flair too, with Flair's long ass career I think he's faced pretty much every big name there is.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Flair or Undertaker quite simply.

And i'd probably go with Flair.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
Bret Hart faced...

Steve Austin
Rock
Goldberg
Sting
Kevin Nash
Shawn Michaels
Chris Benoit
Undertaker
Owen Hart
Yokozuna
Piper
Flair
HHH
Bulldog
Scott Hall
DDP
Randy Savage
Vince McMahon

·
Registered
13,215 Posts

WOOOOOOOOOO!

He's been wrestling as a recognized star since the mid-70s actually but yes, Hogan and Flair easily. Both of them have wrestled a huge amount of people in Japan and the United States.

Terry Funk is probably somewhere on the top 10 as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts