Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's it gonna be that finally knocks off arguably the Greatest X Division Champion in the ten year history?

Austin Aries has beaten them all: Kendrick, Sorensen, Kash, Ion, Shelley, Sabin, and now Joe. He's on pace to have a 300 plus day reign. Not since Jarrett's 04-05 NWA title reign has there been a reign that went past 300 days. At the rate he's going, it's not going to be a question of when he loses it, but IF he loses it.

·
Banned
1,603 Posts
imo the only guy in tna right now who should beat aries for the x division title is aj styles.

id like to see a heel aj vs aries fued for the belt.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Looks like Chris Sabin will be going back to singles competition again, unless he decides to leave too, so i'd like to see him go for the title next.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Joey Ryan.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
AJ Styles, it's gotta be. Although maybe a heel Chris Sabin if they go through with that turn/push/feud. He's had the title so long now that it has to be someone with that kind of credibility.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
They need to put Sabin & Velvet Sky on TV together as a heel duo and have Sabin be the one that takes the X Division title from Aries.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
After this storyline between AJ/Daniels/Angle/Kaz and Dixie is done, Aries could feud with Daniels and Kaz. It could lead to there breakup.

·
Registered
402 Posts
For quite some time i thought it would be AJ Styles Vs Austin Aries @ Destination X, that was of course until Styles & Kurt Angle won the Tag Team Titles ... there's three guys i can see him facing at Destination X. Bobby Roode, Chris Sabin, Or a Samoa Joe rematch.

How I Think The Destination X Card Will Look Like

AJ Styles & Kurt Angle Vs Daniels & Kaz - TNA World Tag Team Title Match

Zema Ion Vs Chris Sabin - No.1 Contenders Match For X-Division Title

RVD Vs Jeff Hardy - Singles Match

Robbie E Vs Mark Haskins Vs Kid Kash Vs Douglas Williams - Ultimate X Match

Samoa Joe Vs Joey Ryan - If Joey Wins, He Gets A Contract

Austin Aries Vs Bobby Roode - TNA X-Division Title Match

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I'd also like to see this. Sabin as the cocky heel X champ in 2007 was money, adding Velvet to the mix would make it even better.
They could find their version of Edge if they do this

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Hard to say...

There is AJ Styles, Daniels, Kaz, Sabin (even though he has already lost to Aries). At this point with how they have built Austin, only AJ Styles could take the title off of him.

Any one of them could have a good fued with Austin. I just like how they have made the X Division title important again.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Who's it gonna be that finally knocks off arguably the Greatest X Division Champion in the ten year history?

Austin Aries has beaten them all: Kendrick, Sorensen, Kash, Ion, Shelley, Sabin, and now Joe. He's on pace to have a 300 plus day reign. Not since Jarrett's 04-05 NWA title reign has there been a reign that went past 300 days. At the rate he's going, it's not going to be a question of when he loses it, but IF he loses it.
He never beat AJ so until that feud happens he will always be number 2

·
Registered
858 Posts
Hmmmm, a storyline about AJ shnogging Dixie while shooting the X-Div belt (over WHW) doesn't seem to match.

I hope its Kaz so he does something relevant. I also wouldn't be surprised if they add some flavor to OFN and make a challenger win.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts